Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Picked Up new Orange 2011 Rs S...now Questions

Ok so here it is, i have been lurking around for while.. i finally picked up my Orange 2011 Rs s
    The first time i ever drove a Spyder was 'after' i signed the paperwork and was down the street, risky i know but worth...
    i wonder how many other people have done that like me..i cant be the only one.
    Any way here is my problem, the wife rode mine now she wants one, they have the other 2011 rs s grey color ...so i go from 0 to 2 spyders in a week. so we will be picking it up in the next week.

what size trailer enclosed or other wise will fit both these, for the rare occasion we do not drive.

Spyder Garage

and welcome!!

I also bought without ever driving one!! loving it!!

The one thing i will never do is let the wife drive mine!! There is no room in the garage!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Congrats and welcome to the greatest Spyder site there is ...

I to did as you did. Went up and sat on one and then went ahead and came back the next week and ordered one. Never had a test ride, nor have I ever riden motorcycles ( couple times on a minibikes as kid ). The learning curve is short, but worring about what the other drivers are going to do is becoming a life long challenge.

I have a 2011 RS Magnesium in color.. great machine!

Spyder Garage

thanks...but where were you with that advice 2 days ago, i would have saved myself some money

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    and welcome!!

I also bought without ever driving one!! loving it!!

The one thing i will never do is let the wife drive mine!! There is no room in the garage!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
    thanks...but where were you with that advice 2 days ago, i would have saved myself some money

haha, well you didn't lurk enough!! Enjoy!!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I did

I wanted mine before it was available so I followed it till day D and bought one before even put my hand on it and there wasn't much to follow up about Spyders back then, just watched training videos , never regretted it since.
    i would love to have a girlfriend who would want her own Spyder, nothing better could happen to you. Riding two up sucks so now I am just desperately waiting for Cole's Allien back seat trunk (SL Site Sponsor) to become available and I turn my Spyder into one seater with a bit of extra storage.
    welcome in the Brotherhood Bro

Spyder Garage

I bought mine in 2010. Due to a broken ankle they wouldn't let me test drive one so i showed them and bought it. The salesman wouldn't let me load it on my trailer to take it home. You have a problem if you are planning to trailer two units in an enclosed trailer. I have one that hauls two bikes but only room for one . Best way is to take measurements and visit dealers.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    I wanted mine before it was available so I followed it till day D and bought one before even put my hand on it and there wasn't much to follow up about Spyders back then, just watched training videos , never regretted it since.
    i would love to have a girlfriend who would want her own Spyder, nothing better could happen to you. Riding two up sucks so now I am just desperately waiting for Cole's Allien back seat trunk (SL Site Sponsor) to become available and I turn my Spyder into one seater with a bit of extra storage.
    welcome in the Brotherhood Bro
    Well heck, i'd like to have a girlfriend who wants her own spyder to. not sure how that would go over with the wife but....
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

and on the 's. Ryde safe.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

My wife's GS is approximately 9' long & 5' wide. Assuming you load them end to end, you would want a trailer with a loading area of a minimum of 6' wide and 19' long. 7'x20' would be more comfortable.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

I bought one without seeing it or test driving it. to the club.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default congrats

congrats on yourE X C E L L E N T model choice not enough room is a good problem
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Worked kind of the opposite way for us. When my wife bought her 2008 Premiere Edition GS, neither of us had ridden (or even seen) a Spyder, and she didn't even have her endorsement. I had ridden for years, but my first Spyder ride was when I rode hers home from the dealership. I liked the ride, and eventually got my own Spyder.

The best way to determine what trailer you need, or whether a specific trailer will fit, is to park the Spyders on a garage floor or driveway, and mark a rectangle around them. Measure that and test the fit. You can even move them in and out to see how practical it is, but remember that enclosed trailers have walls, so it is even harder to move around in one. Also remember that the door opening is usually smaller than the inside width, so that fit has to be tested, too. It takes a very large trailer to haul two Spyders. If you move up to an 8' width, you can overlap them back to back, and get by with something a bit smaller. Consider a V-nose trailer if you go enclosed...the extra room is very handy.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEWBIES

WELCOME ABOARD...THAT ORANGE COLOR ROCKS....I WANT YOU TO ADOPT ME...MIKE

Spyder Garage

YEP, I didnt drive my til the dealership dropped it off at the house. I saw one on the road and that night researched the and found the dealership with the best price and a week later , she was mine!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Well heck, i'd like to have a girlfriend who wants her own spyder to. not sure how that would go over with the wife but....
    Well just give it a try and keep us posted, I mean , there were Spyders In fire around so I can't see much more surprises coming out from that direction, some guys actually managed to get BRP believe in factory faults causing these unexplainable happenings, ooops

Spyder Garage

Same here...Last 2 wheeler with a motor i rode was almost 30 yrs ago... Dealer droped the spyder off and 3 min later I was going for my first ride.
    2 months and 1800 mi later I got my Mc erndorsement.. Wife said she wasnt going to bail me out of jail if I got caught..lol

Astor,FL 6 Months - Kirkville,NY 6 Months
    Spyder Garage

We spend our winters in Florida and we bring our RT spyder down in a RV toy hauler. This year we purchased another spyder RS s for the wife while down here. The trailer garage area is 8ft by 12 ft and I am pretty sure I can fit them both in that space by putting them back to back. If not somebody is going to have to ride one home. I would recommend a trailer a little larger then mine so you have a little breathing room.
    Wayne & June
    Sharing a 2010 Spyder RT-S SE5 Timeless Black
    And a 2011 Spyder RS SE5 Pearl White
    "Life is Great"

Spyder Garage

Back end to back end is how we park ours whether in the garage or in a parking spot. That way we take up less room and I would thinka trailer would be similar. Congratulations and hope to see you on the road

SpyderLady

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

you can add me to your list.....first time i ever rode a spyder was taking it home from the dealer in the dark on back roads in 20 degree weather..... yeeehaaa!!! scary fun!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default count me in

First I saw was on tv. Just had to have one. Local dealer had just sold the one I wanted, so found my baby over the net. Bought it on a Wednesday, picked it up on a Saturday from an out of state dealer. Afet trailering it home (dealer told me to keep it under 50 mph for the first 100 mi.) I got on, and never looked back! Man what fun!! Will be a year this June, since I bought my 2011 RTS Orbital Blue. Luv my baby!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought mine without riding one, figuring my motorcycle experience would qualify me. Out of the showroom, countersteered instead of steered, grabbed for a handbrake that did not exist, struck a fence and tore off a mirror. Back into the shop for a $91 dollar repair. Shook me up a bit, but a couple of days later I was ryding like I was born to it. Love my Spyder!

Spyder Garage

i would love to see a photo of that the next time you move... thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy2 View Post
    We spend our winters in Florida and we bring our RT spyder down in a RV toy hauler. This year we purchased another spyder RS s for the wife while down here. The trailer garage area is 8ft by 12 ft and I am pretty sure I can fit them both in that space by putting them back to back. If not somebody is going to have to ride one home. I would recommend a trailer a little larger then mine so you have a little breathing room.

Spyder Garage

I had been researching Spyders for about a year. Never took a test ride on one. Found a 2010 RT in NC. Got a lot of advice from the fine people on this website about buying a pre-owned Spyder. Paid for it by wire transfer and then drove up with a rented trailer and brought it back to GA.
    I have a dead 30 year old Yamaha 650, so I knew how to ride a MC. Not interested riding a bike with two wheels anymore.
    Been having a blast learning about and driving my BluSpyderByte. I didn't even test ride at the dealer. They even loaded it for me. I'm glad I made the purchase and have not regretted it one bit.

I hope you like yours as much as I do mine. Welcome to the group. Post some photos when you get a chance.

Spyder Garage

i saw the commercial they ran during the Super Bowl a few years ago and said "MUST HAVE!" and then forgot about it (due to monetary constraints) for a while.
    when i decided i had enough cash i researched bikes and the Spyder online. i picked out all the mods i wanted, drove to the dealer and handed him my printout and said, give me an estimate for this build and then we can deal. didn't even sit on one that day.
    i bought my 2011 RSS before i test rode too. i saw it in the shop a couple times before all mods were done and they delivered.
    i went inside and got geared up after they delivered and rode around enough in the neighborhood and high school parking lot enough to feel comfortable ryding to work that night......been ryding since.

i also agree: post pics when you got em!!
    KIP
    2011 RS-S