Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    Wow, 4000 miles and you have only been to TWO states?

I've put over 10,000 miles on in a little over a year and have not left NY. Also, I trailer it when we go camping.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    Hey friends my 2011 Rt limited was bought last May, I rode the roadster 13000km in 5 months and of those 5 months the bike was in the shop for 7 weeks. That is pretty bad we had a lot of problems last summer. The dealer here in Edmonton told me that 1 in every 5 Rt is a lemon, well the ones that they are selling. Pretty bold for a manager to say this but its what he said. I agree with a lot of you about the fact that these dealers have no idea of how to work on a very complicated machine. If you are selling a product this expensive you dam well better know how to fix it. It should be MANDATORY for every dealer to have a CERTIFIED BRP MECHANIC IN THEIR DEALERSHIP, no excuses none. I was told by a dealer in my home town of St Paul Alberta that there are only 50 certified brp techs in North America. Maybe we should all campaign BRP to actually set this in motion it will only bennifit them in the long run.
    I certainly agree with the tech situation. As I posted before, one of the problems particularly with new dealers is that they must have been a Spyder dealer for a year before they are allowed to sent a tech to BRP for training. Until then, it's all on-line courses. Plus, in many states and Canada, the Spyder is a seasonal product.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    Hey friends my 2011 Rt limited was bought last May, I rode the roadster 13000km in 5 months and of those 5 months the bike was in the shop for 7 weeks. That is pretty bad we had a lot of problems last summer. The dealer here in Edmonton told me that 1 in every 5 Rt is a lemon, well the ones that they are selling. Pretty bold for a manager to say this but its what he said. I agree with a lot of you about the fact that these dealers have no idea of how to work on a very complicated machine. If you are selling a product this expensive you dam well better know how to fix it. It should be MANDATORY for every dealer to have a CERTIFIED BRP MECHANIC IN THEIR DEALERSHIP, no excuses none. I was told by a dealer in my home town of St Paul Alberta that there are only 50 certified brp techs in North America. Maybe we should all campaign BRP to actually set this in motion it will only bennifit them in the long run.
    I agree with making a dealer have a factory certified tech. just like your car co. all have certifications they have to maintain.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    I've put over 10,000 miles on in a little over a year and have not left NY. Also, I trailer it when we go camping.
    i put on 6000 miles in a year and only left my county once, and that one was only 100 miles!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd much rather tyde than trailer anytime!

(Back on topic...)
    Anything as compicated as these bikes are requires perhaps a bit more training and diligence at the dealership level...
    I had some P1614 codes pop up; other than my own stupid mistakes, the bike has been great!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzman View Post

I am installing my boards today John and my Roadster is already soooo happy, there must be some special Carma in those Seals...
    It's all true. It's just part of the Spyder good Karma Seal Package.

Guess who?

Me
    Karma guy

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

When will they remove the Electronic Bracelet, So you can ride out of NY?

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    When will they remove the Electronic Bracelet, So you can ride out of NY?

Next year it comes off, providing I'm a good boy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Anything as compicated as these bikes are requires perhaps a bit more training and diligence at the dealership level...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Sending mine back to the dealer for the fourth time since October.
    2011 RTS-SE5

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

If lack of constancy in manufacturing, Is considered a problem then;
    Yes they do.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The RT is the problem child these days. Any issues with the RS is most likely from dealer setup.
    And you know this how??