Spyder Garage

Default 2011 rt motormount shims

just got back from Robertson's Power Sports, they shimmed my RTS all i can say is NICE, thanks for the great service!!

Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RT?

Are the shims also for the 2010 models?

Indian Land, SC (30 miles S of Charlotte, NC) was Spotsylvania, VA
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinslow View Post
    just got back from Robertson's Power Sports, they shimmed my RTS all i can say is NICE, thanks for the great service!!
    How did you know it needed this update?
    I could not physically see or determine how to check the problem myself based on those posts.

I had complained awhile back to my dealer about what I felt was a vibration caused by this after readying of this problem others had last Fall. He did a road test and indicated he could not detect anything.

He could not find any bulletins or notices at the time from BRP.
    HokieV

2015 RTS Intense Red Pearl (New Jan. 2016) - Comfort Heated Seat w/Backrest, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light, superbrightled.com Brake Light Strobe, TricLED fender lights w/Blinker Module & Turn Signal Strips, Stebel Nautilus Horn, FOBO TPMS, Spydercuff, Dual USB outlet, Bike Barn.

Previous - 2011 RT Limited.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Spec and Info

I had my 2011 RT-S shimmed in early January. The "Technical Service Tip" from BRP says this: "If the customer complains of vibration, first check belt tension. Second, check the clearance between the left-side front engine mount and the frame. Use a 0.04” or 1mm feeler gauge. If you can get this gauge to pass thru, then everything here is OK and not a source of vibration. If the clearance is less than 0.04”, then install the shims (0.08” or 2mm – part number 707001074)."

The "tip" shows a photo which is similar to the photos posted here in an earlier thread on the subject:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ht=motor+mount .

I believe BRP began installing the shims at the factory part-way thru the 2011 year and for sure all 2012's have them. My tech charged about 5 hours for the job so it is not insignificant. If you're out of warranty I suspect the cost would be on you. But that's between you and BRP.

As far as your dealer not having any info on this, my dealer didn't either. He had to call BRP, ask the question, and then they faxed him the "tip" which includes the info above and the replacement procedure. There is no "tip number" or anything like that to identify it. Just the subject matter.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Default 2011 rt motormount shims

gypsy_100 is right on, i have the belt tensioner, and a early 2011 rts
    the tensioner did a good job eliminating belt vibs the shim finished the job

now lets work on gas milage and i will be a happier SpYder pYlot

Spyder Garage

John, I know this was quite a few years ago... but did you have vibration all the time? Just sitting in the driveway? Mine vibrates all the time and when riding OMG cannot ride more then 1/2 hour. I was wondering if the tech is still there? I am in Lebanon, ME, not far from there.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjgraph View Post
    John, I know this was quite a few years ago... but did you have vibration all the time? Just sitting in the driveway? Mine vibrates all the time and when riding OMG cannot ride more then 1/2 hour. I was wondering if the tech is still there? I am in Lebanon, ME, not far from there.
    John's last post was in 2019 .... try and e-mail Him ..... Mike