Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Black Widow Accessories

Any one else have a problem getting product from Black Widow Accessories? I ordered a piece of luggage from them; they said they mailed it two weeks and charged my credit card. When it didn't arrive at my home in Michigan (from Ohio) within a week, it took me two calls to get someone to call me back. Now they are claiming that they shipped a second one via UPS and that it should have been here yesterday -- it still hasn't been delivered. Both times when my husband called, the gentlemen at the other end of the line said "I put it on the truck myself today."

Spyder Garage

Ask them to give you a tracking # and you can find exactly where it is.

Should they refuse to provide you with tracking information--I would call the credit card company and have them charge the company back.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Ask them to give you a tracking # and you can find exactly where it is.

Should they refuse to provide you with tracking information--I would call the credit card company and have them charge the company back.
    Yes, this. I hope your items are found and delivered to you. Even though you can definitely get your money back if need be I know you would rather have the stuff!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have not dealt with them personally but have read other postings here where people have had issues with them. Most of them poor customer service and taking forever to get their order delivered. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ow+accessories

Spyder Garage

Oldest story/scam in the book. Call your credit card company.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I tried ordering from them when I first got my RTS because their site says they are located in Ohio not too far from me. The item was "back ordered" and after a month of not getting it I canceled. They never charged my card. While out for a ride one day I thought I would try and find their "store". I rode up and down the street where they are supposed to be located and never found them. So I'm not sure they even have a physical location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pwilbarger; 03-09-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Update

I was mistaken; my credit card has not been charged. However, hubby called them again today, got their answering machine (again) and left a message that we still didn't have the items; would they please return the call and provide a UPS tracking number or MAYBE we should just cancel the order. That call was made at approximately 2:00 p.m. today. Shortly after hubby made the call, I checked my order status on their website. According to that: "Cust called and wanted order cancelled, Order voided and recalled from UPS tracking". This was as of 11:00 a.m. today. WTF??? Then, they sent me another e-mail thanking me for my order today. I don't know what the heck is going on; they did NOT call me back today.

I am going to order the Gran Tour bag from another supplier; hopefully with better luck. Thank you all for your comments and advice.

Spyder Garage

Here we go again.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours theirs and the facts.

When I order Spyder parts from the dealer (because that's the only place to get some of them) I get charged right away. Then I sit and wait for many times two weeks for the parts to arrive. However I don't think aftermarket re-sellers are even allowed to charge for the items right away. They can and sometimes do put "holds" on credit cards but there is a huge difference between a hold and an actual charge. Ever used a debit card at a gas station and had a hold on the card for $150 or more? Same thing. Thanks for finally coming clean on that fact michigal.

However, when you were told they had "put it on the truck today," why didn't you just ask for the tracking number right then and there? I would have. That way you would have been able to easily track the shipment as it traveled to your shipping address. UPS is very good about knowing where their packages are and any given moment. Very good may be understating...obsessed is more like it. I'll bet it was scheduled to arrive yesterday afternoon soon after your first post. And your timeline on today's conversation with them seem very suspect. But what the heck do I know?

Look, if anyone ever has problems with a company you should deal directly with them. What you should not do is post part of a story on a forum to garner support based on inaccurate information (which is exactly what happened here...see retraction above). And boy, did people jump on that bandwagon!! Of course they would. But the devil is in the details. I have dealt with a few Spyder after market companies myself and a couple I've had some problems with...most were just fine. But I would never think to air dirty laundry on a public forum. If I did say something inappropriate along those lines (and I have...here) I would offer an apology just as loud (and I did...here). That's just how I do things.

I've purchased several items over the past year and a half from Black Widow Accessories and have never had any problems with any of the orders. When I request a status, I receive it. If I made contact with them said cancel an order, they did it. If an item is delayed or back-ordered I blame the manufacturer, not the seller (that's when I cancelled because I didn't choose to wait). Too many companies get bad reputation based on half truths. Coming by later to retract a false statement doesn't really help much because the damage has already done.

Ask me in person sometime about my bad experiences with after market Spyder part companies. I might tell you but would never do so on a public forum. I think that's just extremely wrong.

Well, someone had to say it...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michigal View Post
    Any one else have a problem getting product from Black Widow Accessories? I ordered a piece of luggage from them; they said they mailed it two weeks and charged my credit card. When it didn't arrive at my home in Michigan (from Ohio) within a week, it took me two calls to get someone to call me back. Now they are claiming that they shipped a second one via UPS and that it should have been here yesterday -- it still hasn't been delivered. Both times when my husband called, the gentlemen at the other end of the line said "I put it on the truck myself today."
    Wasn't going to say anything cause maybe just me. I ordered stuff from them and took forever to get. Talked with them on the phone several times. I finally got some results when I called and told them to cancel my parts and put the money back on my card. They have really bad service and anyone looking to do business with them be warned. Will not order from them again. They will flat out lie to you on the phone. The best service I gotten so far is with Custom Dynamic.
    David

Spyder Garage

Default Ouch!

Pierre:

Did you really need to jump into my S*&^ because I asked a valid question? At the time of my original post, I did think they had charged my card; when I discovered they hadn't, I corrected that on this forum. That being said, it was not my intention to trash the company, I was merely questioning if any of the members here had problems like mine.

If Black Widow Accessories didn't have the item in stock, all they had to do was tell me so and advise of expected date of delivery. But they told my husband, twice, that the item had been shipped on the days he called. They advised me that they would call me and didn't and didn't return my calls. I think this is a poor way to do business and think other Spyder owners should be made aware of it.

I'm glad you've had better experiences with them -- I ordered the item from Custom Dynamnics, who I have dealt with in the past and will deal with in the future.

Spyder Garage

EDITED-- ya know what, I ain't getting into it.
    Last edited by daveinva; 03-10-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Pierre:

Did you really need to jump into my S*&^ because I asked a valid question? At the time of my original post, I did think they had charged my card; when I discovered they hadn't, I corrected that on this forum. That being said, it was not my intention to trash the company, I was merely questioning if any of the members here had problems like mine.

If Black Widow Accessories didn't have the item in stock, all they had to do was tell me so and advise of expected date of delivery. But they told my husband, twice, that the item had been shipped on the days he called. They advised me that they would call me and didn't and didn't return my calls. I think this is a poor way to do business and think other Spyder owners should be made aware of it.

I'm glad you've had better experiences with them -- I ordered the item from Custom Dynamnics, who I have dealt with in the past and will deal with in the future.
    I agree. I was getting ready to put the low down on them and I see I wasn't the only one getting the run around. Anyway amen to what you said.
    David

Spyder Garage

I find such comments useful. If I spot a trend, I typically avoid them. If a negative comment surfaces and others write contrary, I'm cautious.

If you have crappy service or an inferior product, warn us... Please.

I don't like ordering a part and waiting weeks for a supplier. I'd rather order somewhere else. Don't have it in stock ? That's the stores problem. Don't tie up my cash because you can't stock your store

Anywho... Just my .02

Spyder Garage

Michigal: I don't think you were out of line. You explained a problem. Based on other threads--It would appear that Black Widow has some customer service issues. Failure to return phone calls, giving different stories at different times, failure to provide tracking information, etc. Great for those who had good service from the company--but that appears to be the exception rather than the rule.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Boy...someone got up on the wrong side of the bed...anyway you slice it this kind of customer service is unacceptable! This isn't the first time this has been noted. I appreciate the heads up!!! Custom Dynamics, like many others, have been flawless.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I can't help myself any longer..I posted a response regarding the same bad service from the same company identified...I was attacked in the background (private messages) over my post and his logic was..."I'm from Ohio and I'm gonna stick up for them...translation...don't dis any business or person from Ohio" otherwise I'm gonna send you a nasty message...I said in my original message that I had documentation to substantiate the terrible service....the response I got was "Really...Documentation....Really"...Who in the hell proclaimed you to be the self appointed Gestapo that regulates who can post what about vendors to begin with? We pass on our experiences with vendors to assist other members on the forum with thier purchases. I told him in private messages that i would delete the post I made on the bad service if it offended him but I now realize he's gonna attack anybody that says anything about Ohio that he doesn't like. I'm not going to be told what to do or say regarding my business with vendors and after a while I refuse to deal with online trolls that wanna dictate what you or cannot say...what you can buy and from who...I will say outright that if you continue to infringe on my beliefs about good or bad vendors...or anything else that I believe is my own personal business...we will adress this in a different venue...I don't answer to you...especially considering the fact that I spent 27 years in the military to earn my right to state an opinion...I've met hundreds of people like you that get on a power trip and want to dictate to others how things are gonna go...and I'll tell you...it won't work with me...If you feel that you want to persue this...get in touch with me...I'm more than willing to justify my opinion...I'll apologize up front if I've offended anybody but I'm not gonna go alone with an online troll harassing everybody over thier opinions...

Spyder Garage

If anyone sends a threatining PM--report it to the Administrator. Flaming posters in public or behind the scenes is out of line--IMHO. You have the right to say what you want as long as you abide by the rules of the site. Giving information about bad service is helpful to other potential customers.

We occasionally do get posts that make a vendor look bad--because someone has a "burr" under their saddle and just want to do potential harm to the vendor. We usually end up getting the "other side" of the story and can then make a justified opinion based on the facts. There have been a couple of these types of threads over the last couple years.

The name has come up on todays particular vendor more than once.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll restate that I got a private message from this same person attacking me for posting my opinion about the company's terrible service...I'm not looking for anybody's approval...but I won't tolerate online trolls that wanna tell other members what to do...I respect Lamont for the way he administers the board but I feel what's happened is way out of line.

Spyder Garage

No good deed ever goes unpunished....

I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on. When posts like below get personal, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    I can't help myself any longer..I posted a response regarding the same bad service from the same company identified...I was attacked in the background (private messages) over my post and his logic was..."I'm from Ohio and I'm gonna stick up for them...translation...don't dis any business or person from Ohio" otherwise I'm gonna send you a nasty message...I said in my original message that I had documentation to substantiate the terrible service....the response I got was "Really...Documentation....Really"...Who in the hell proclaimed you to be the self appointed Gestapo that regulates who can post what about vendors to begin with? We pass on our experiences with vendors to assist other members on the forum with thier purchases. I told him in private messages that i would delete the post I made on the bad service if it offended him but I now realize he's gonna attack anybody that says anything about Ohio that he doesn't like. I'm not going to be told what to do or say regarding my business with vendors and after a while I refuse to deal with online trolls that wanna dictate what you or cannot say...what you can buy and from who...I will say outright that if you continue to infringe on my beliefs about good or bad vendors...or anything else that I believe is my own personal business...we will adress this in a different venue...I don't answer to you...especially considering the fact that I spent 27 years in the military to earn my right to state an opinion...I've met hundreds of people like you that get on a power trip and want to dictate to others how things are gonna go...and I'll tell you...it won't work with me...If you feel that you want to persue this...get in touch with me...I'm more than willing to justify my opinion...I'll apologize up front if I've offended anybody but I'm not gonna go alone with an online troll harassing everybody over thier opinions...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    If anyone sends a threatining PM--report it to the Administrator. Flaming posters in public or behind the scenes is out of line--IMHO. You have the right to say what you want as long as you abide by the rules of the site. Giving information about bad service is helpful to other potential customers.

We occasionally do get posts that make a vendor look bad--because someone has a "burr" under their saddle and just want to do potential harm to the vendor. We usually end up getting the "other side" of the story and can then make a justified opinion based on the facts. There have been a couple of these types of threads over the last couple years.

The name has come up on todays particular vendor more than once.
    These forums are the place to go find out who is or isn't a safe vendor with which to deal. It's a shame that poor customer service happens; bu ti does and we all hope that by bringing some light on the topic, we encourage all vendors to step up their game...

TROLLS...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    These forums are the place to go find out who is or isn't a safe vendor with which to deal. It's a shame that poor customer service happens; bu ti does and we all hope that by bringing some light on the topic, we encourage all vendors to step up their game...

TROLLS...
    Agreed. If someone posts about bad customer service from a company I want to know, especially if multiple people do the same and shows a trend.

On the flip side, also want to know about awesome customer service, like that given by TricLED, gloryder, and many of our other site vendors.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Little bad wolf: You're just down the road from hubby and I -- we'll have to meet up for a ryde sometime. And thanks for your words of support.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Little bad wolf: You're just down the road from hubby and I -- we'll have to meet up for a ryde sometime. And thanks for your words of support.
    Cindi and I are always open to a ride..get in touch the next time you want to go...Larry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You all can ryde up here to pick me up

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

January 2013 - Ordered 200 Dollars’ worth of items from Black Widow. I called about a week after ordering to check the status of my order. The employee told me my order was shipping that day and would be at my house in 3 days because they used Priority Mail. Another week went by and I called about the order again. The man on the phone told me that the employee I spoke with had been fired along with the rest of the warehouse staff. He told me that he personally placed the items in the mail and it would be at my house in 3 days. He gave me a tracking number and marked it as shipped through PayPal, charging my account. The items did not show, I filed a claim with PayPal and within 30 minutes had a refund. This shows that the company lied, gave me a bogus tracking number, charged my account, knowing they had not shipped anything. They were banking on me waiting too long to get my money back. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

I have order the items through Custom Dynamics, hopefully they will be better.