Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Custon Dynamics 4" riser installation

I love this "you may have to reroute....." thing in the install instructions....so I need some insight.

The install is going OK but I'm having "trouble" with the clutch hydraulic line. It runs from the reservoir and passes over the frame spine right side into the engine bay.
    The electrical lines are no great problem...I have good slack on those
    My question is has anyone here had to reroute the clutch hose to the left side of the spine in order to gain some slack...?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

You may have to crack the line at the bars and rotate the banjo bolt.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You may have to crack the line at the bars and rotate the banjo bolt.
    Once i did that everything went easy.
    p/s crack it only ''slightly'', And with a rag under it in case you get a drip.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

After looking at some videos and cutting ties and adjusting the clutch reservoir banjo, I'm not at all happy with what I have.

I still think I have wires and hoses too tight. I have to use full lock in both directions to access the Spyderhaus and I feel I have to use too much force to get there. I did notice the there is a pair of separate heavy wires going up to the ignition switch (?) and the wiring from the switches is routed to the inside of those wires and that is my main area of concern.

It is more comfortable, definitely, but I don't feel right mechanically stressing electrical components so I bit the bullet and ordered the Kewlmetal adjustable riser system. With a bit less lift and adjustable pull back I'll feel better. After doing the "eyes closed, hands in a comfortable position, open eyes and look at the difference" test, I believe that between two and three inches of riser is more appropriate

So Borys is still in a state of semi-undress but it does give me a chance to do some 'splorin'.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Discretion is the better part of valour.