Spyder Garage

Default CAN AM DATA COLLECTION???

Anybody else receive this in the mail and have you participated? What do you think it is about? I'm thinking about doing it this Friday. I want to take a ride anyway. It's about 75 miles to my dealer.

As a valued customer and Spyder Rider we are asking you to participate in a data collection initiative we are undertaking with Can Am.
    The purpose is to determine what, if any, electronic upgrades would be beneficial to the Can Am Spyder.
    As a Spyder Rider you are our best source of information.
    Here’s what is involved:
    Bring your Spyder by the dealership and we will download a baseline data reading which should take 10 minutes.
    Then go for a 15 minute ride and return, we will then re- do the data download for comparison..
    For participating Can Am will send you a $50.00 Gift Certificate and automatically enter your name for a drawing for a $250.00 Parts and Accessory Give-A-Way.
    If you want to simply drop off you Spyder and return later we will take care of everything.
    Thanks for your consideration, if you are interested in participating please contact us.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    Anybody else receive this in the mail and have you participated? What do you think it is about? I'm thinking about doing it this Friday. I want to take a ride anyway. It's about 75 miles to my dealer.

As a valued customer and Spyder Rider we are asking you to participate in a data collection initiative we are undertaking with Can Am.
    The purpose is to determine what, if any, electronic upgrades would be beneficial to the Can Am Spyder.
    As a Spyder Rider you are our best source of information.
    Here’s what is involved:
    Bring your Spyder by the dealership and we will download a baseline data reading which should take 10 minutes.
    Then go for a 15 minute ride and return, we will then re- do the data download for comparison..
    For participating Can Am will send you a $50.00 Gift Certificate and automatically enter your name for a drawing for a $250.00 Parts and Accessory Give-A-Way.
    If you want to simply drop off you Spyder and return later we will take care of everything.
    Thanks for your consideration, if you are interested in participating please contact us.
    Haven't recieved anything like this but would be interested.

Spyder Garage

Well I went to the dealer for this "Data Collection" today. Pretty painless really. The interesting part is that the mechanic told me that it had to do with BRP trying to figure out why they were having so many Throttle Body failures. Not my dealer just BRP in general. I told him that I had posted it on Spyderlovers and that I didn't really get much response and he said that he didn't think it was a nation wide thing, just a few dealers were asked to participate. Said they had done 6 spyders in the last 2 days. I told him that I hadn't had any Throttle Body issue and he said it didn't matter. I would say they realize there is a problem but they don't know what is causing it on SOME spyders and not on others.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Haven't herd anything up here, but I would participate . Anything to make a better Spyder.
    Happy Owner

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

I have been a frequent visitor to the dealer and have not heard a word from them about this Data Collection Thingy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    I have been a frequent visitor to the dealer and have not heard a word from them about this Data Collection Thingy.
    That is because they know you Forrest!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nothing in Texas...or at least Houston area....I would participate....

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Haven't herd anything up here, but I would participate . Anything to make a better Spyder.

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black