Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default B.E.S.T. in Florida

Why General Fidelity Insurance replaced BEST in Florida?
    Answer: Sea-Doo.

BEST in US compared with Florida:

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Hummm.... Good one DOC... but Florida dealers do not or will not sell the Best or Best Plus Waranty. I don't know why as they, Florida dealers, honor the waranty for repairs.

Spyder Garage

It may have something to do with Florida insurance law not liking the non cancellable part of the BEST warranty.
    Florida law says you can cancel a warranty and get a refund on the prorated balance. Therefore they are not approved for sale here.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1944 View Post
    It may have something to do with Florida insurance law not liking the non cancellable part of the BEST warranty.
    Florida law says you can cancel a warranty and get a refund on the prorated balance. Therefore they are not approved for sale here.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. That gets me to thinking. My RPM One warranty (3 years) just started on January 13, 2012. I now have no spyder. I would assume (sumptin "liars" aren't supposed to do) that I can cancel this policy and have the prorated portion returned?

Chris

Spyder Garage

If Florida dealerships honor the B.E.S.T. warranty but just can't sell it then the best solution is to buy it from Bert's Mega Mall. I bought mine from my dealer in Keokuk, IA but after checking around the best deal is with Bert's Mega Mall. So why even bother trying to get it from a Florida dealer?
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. That gets me to thinking. My RPM One warranty (3 years) just started on January 13, 2012. I now have no spyder. I would assume (sumptin "liars" aren't supposed to do) that I can cancel this policy and have the prorated portion returned?

Chris
    That is my understanding under FL law.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1944 View Post
    That is my understanding under FL law.
    Thanks Click and I'll certainly look into this.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Let us know what happens. Good luck.