Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Arrow I am being harassed by the TapaTalk App Promo How Do I make it Stop Popping Up?

Starting this evening the TapaTalk pop up advertisement interferes with my every action on this website forcing me to cancel it. It pops up every time I make a selection of a discussion on any of the forums, when I view pictures, move forward or backwards anywhere on Spyder Lovers. For every action, I must cancel the advertisement for this App making this website unusable to me. I have been a Syder Lovers member sincecApril 2011 when I purchased my Spyder. I have never needed TapaTalk and I don't want it, nor will I pay the $2.99 extortion to buy the App to make it stop popping up.

I have my pop up blocker on and this App thwarts my every effort to use this website.

How do I make it stop?

Thanks...Dave Help!

Spyder Garage

Have you tried going into your cookies and deleting anything that could be related to tap a talk or spyerlovers? Also, try cleaning your browser's history.
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Spyder Garage

I'm assuming you're saying this happens when you are accessing this site from a mobile device-- as in ipad/iphone/droid ???

Sounds like you installed a demo 'free' version of Tapatalk that has ads....

What device are you using to access this site? What OS, browser, etc.....

BTW-- Tapatalk is a great app-----

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question

Why not just uninstall the App. delete cookies & cache & go back to the way before you installed the App? I don't use it & the site still works fine on all my Droid based mobile devices. If your using Apple, I have no advice for you there. Good luck get'n it worked out

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I kind of prefer the Hammer approach... Fewer keystrokes and you only need to do it once!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default TapaTalk Harassment HELP

I never selected TapaTalk as a demo App or in any other way. I checked my IPad 2 and the App is not loaded. I deleted all of the cookies and cache several times, but no luck. Just to be able to write this response this morning, TapaTalk interfered w my ability to log-in to this site. I had to try several times because of this pop up and to get to this point had to cancel it at least 10 times to be able to type this. I have also rebooted my IPad, but that did not help.

Spyder Garage

I don't know what you got going on but I use my ipad everyday and never have a Tapatalk screen popup after I denied it the first time.

As far as deleting your cookies, that could be your problem. Tapatalk uses cookies to know you don't want to use the app, when you delete them it's like you logged into the site for the first time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

As strange as it appeared, I stopped deleting my cookies, shut my IPad off for most of today, and the problem disappeared. Lamont, you were right. After deleting the cookies, when I selected cancel, the message was unable to find TapaTalk to accept my cancellation selection. Everything seems to work fine.Lesson learned.

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I don't know what you got going on but I use my ipad everyday and never have a Tapatalk screen popup after I denied it the first time.

As far as deleting your cookies, that could be your problem. Tapatalk uses cookies to know you don't want to use the app, when you delete them it's like you logged into the site for the first time.
    No problem either with my iPad and Tapatalk.