Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question RPM One Warranty

I looked into the BEST warranty as advised by many contributors to this site. They do not sell it in Florida as several folks mentioned, but the dealers will accept it. I will be moving to Northern Alabama fm South Florida in about a year and thought to call the Can Am dealer in Cullman, Alabama which would be the closest dealer to our new home. Surprisingly, when I asked about the BEST warranty, he offered an RPM One warranty...which is the same warranty offered by a Florida Can Am dealer. Both dealers indicated the RPM One was the best value and that BEST was harder to get things covered. They both indicated that RPM One was more flexible and easier to deal with. I have no experience with either, but the RPM One sounds like a better deal @ $875 in Florida and $1,090 in Alabama for a 4 year warranty beyond the 2 year BRP Can Am warranty. Does anyone have experience with RPM One? Any thoughts, opinions would be helpful.

Thx...Dave

Spyder Garage

Give Berts Megaa Mall a call ( site sponsor ) he has the best prices anywhere for the B.E.S.T. warranty. I've read a lot of posts about third company warranties and most have been bad .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

RPM One is a great warranty as long as the dealership will accept it and the dealership doesn't go out of business, like mine did! After that happened, I couldn't find a dealership close to me that would accept it. What happens if you are traveling out of state and have a break down? BRP B.E.S.T. is accepted at any Can Am Dealership.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    RPM One is a great warranty as long as the dealership will accept it and the dealership doesn't go out of business, like mine did! After that happened, I couldn't find a dealership close to me that would accept it. What happens if you are traveling out of state and have a break down? BRP B.E.S.T. is accepted at any Can Am Dealership.
    Exactly the reason I would ONLY go with the BEST warranty.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I got a BEST 3 year warranty with my 09 RS...was some sort of deal on the 09's I was told where you got the extra year. I bought an extra 2 years coverage to bring it to 5 years total for an additional $639 thru my dealer..Thought this was a pretty good deal when I started looking at different prices.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    I looked into the BEST warranty as advised by many contributors to this site. They do not sell it in Florida as several folks mentioned, but the dealers will accept it. I will be moving to Northern Alabama fm South Florida in about a year and thought to call the Can Am dealer in Cullman, Alabama which would be the closest dealer to our new home. Surprisingly, when I asked about the BEST warranty, he offered an RPM One warranty...which is the same warranty offered by a Florida Can Am dealer. Both dealers indicated the RPM One was the best value and that BEST was harder to get things covered. They both indicated that RPM One was more flexible and easier to deal with. I have no experience with either, but the RPM One sounds like a better deal @ $875 in Florida and $1,090 in Alabama for a 4 year warranty beyond the 2 year BRP Can Am warranty. Does anyone have experience with RPM One? Any thoughts, opinions would be helpful.

Thx...Dave
    March 7, 2012
    I purchased my 2011 RTS/SE5 last summer from "East Coast Cycle Center" in Bensalem,Pa. I looked at both warranties that were available. One was BEST and the other was Zurich. I believe it was around $1100 for the Zurich which gives me 7 years of coverage and NO deductible. Therefore it is 5 years over and above the original two by BRP. Zurich is very well known in the insurance business and it is honored at ALL dealers not just BRP. They also offer a tire and wheel warranty which I purchased also. My Honda dealer in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said that the tire warranty is excellent. It is about $450. It makes lots of sense to purchase the extended insurance warranties since repairs on the Spyders are very costly and it has only been on the market since 2007. I love my Spyder.

Gordon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    I got a BEST 3 year warranty with my 09 RS...was some sort of deal on the 09's I was told where you got the extra year. I bought an extra 2 years coverage to bring it to 5 years total for an additional $639 thru my dealer..Thought this was a pretty good deal when I started looking at different prices.
    Factory warranty is 2 years. Longest BEST adds 3 years for a total of 5. If they 'sold' you 2 more years on top of the 3 best--- then you should have 7 years---- but you don't. I think someone misinformed you about this.

Spyder Garage

BRP gave 3 on the '09's he bought 2 from BEST that's 5 in my book. How do you figure 7???
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

Spyder Garage

I HAD very good service with RPM One with my spyder here in Florida. I purchased my spyder, January 12, 2010. On January 14th of this year (a short time after my 24,000 mile service) I took my spyder in for a small oil leak. At that time it was discovered that my exhaust pipe had a crack in it. This was fixed together with some other things and was covered by my RPM One extended warranty. Cost was around $800.00. It paid for itself.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1944 View Post
    BRP gave 3 on the '09's he bought 2 from BEST that's 5 in my book. How do you figure 7???
    Okay-- I get it now... I just read it wrong... thought he said he 'bought' a 3 year BEST and then extended it another 2 years.....

It is as you said......