Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Intercom system for RT

I am thinking about purchasing an intercom for my new RT. Back seat driver you know.. I think it would be nice to hear what the little wife has to say once in a while.. Ha ha

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Headsets

We purchased the Scala rider TeamsSet Pro. - Rider-to-Passenger wireless intercom system. Works really well.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing an intercom for my new RT. Back seat driver you know.. I think it would be nice to hear what the little wife has to say once in a while.. Ha ha
    I have found that for me using a wireless, bluetooth intercom system was the way to go. There are a raft of units in the marketplace and I have supplied a link that is a great resource for research on the different units out there: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/

I purchased the Sena SMHB-10 unit from Revzilla and have found its functionality and ease of use to be excellent. Conversations with my passenger are easy to initiate with the large dial and the transmission is crystal clear at highway speeds. I also like to be able to hear my GPS instructions through my headset and be able to make and receive handsfree phone calls when paired with my Zumo.

All this being said, if you need a CB as well, then purchasing the BRP com system is the way to go.

Spyder Garage

Aside from the factory system, you have two choices...wired and wireless. For wireless (bluetooth) I'd stick with the Cardo Scala or the Sena. Some of the cheaper systems have problems. For wired, I like the Starcom1 and Autocom. We use the Starcom1 on our machines.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    I have found that for me using a wireless, bluetooth intercom system was the way to go. There are a raft of units in the marketplace and I have supplied a link that is a great resource for research on the different units out there: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/

I purchased the Sena SMHB-10 unit from Revzilla and have found its functionality and ease of use to be excellent. Conversations with my passenger are easy to initiate with the large dial and the transmission is crystal clear at highway speeds. I also like to be able to hear my GPS instructions through my headset and be able to make and receive handsfree phone calls when paired with my Zumo.

All this being said, if you need a CB as well, then purchasing the BRP com system is the way to go.
    Thanks for the info..very helpful

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    We purchased the Scala rider TeamsSet Pro. - Rider-to-Passenger wireless intercom system. Works really well.
    That's the one that we're going to purchase once the ryding season gets here for the MIssus
    (It's already here for me!!

Glad to hear that you like it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

We used the Scala G4 and they worked pretty good until they got wet. Fried two sets in less then one season. Both replaced under warranty even though the instructions say not to get them wet . Ended up with the BRP CB unit ( wired ) but works very well wet or dry and I never worry about charging the Scalas.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

The Scalas are also my brand of choice. I have the Scala 2's. Tried the early model of the 4's and I ended up sending them back. Have ridden all day in heavy rain without any shorts (in the communication system)--thought you'd get me ha!

Have also tried Chatterbox wirless--did not like--returned them.

Have also tried Nolan n-com--wired--did not like them either.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had the G4 since it was released. Never had a problem in the rain and I've been through some gully washers. One of the things I like about the G4 is the software updates that can be downloaded on-line. I think I'm on 4th version. I understand the Sena is doing that now also. I think this is important or you end up with a dead end product.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Intercom System

I have the BRP CB/Intercom system and really like it's performance. I also have the Garmin 660 GPS system. The intergration of the GPS, radio, intercom and music work well together and have proven to be superior to the same system I have on a Harley Screamin' Eagle. My wife is able to do her thing with the music and I can do my thing with the GPS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post

We love our Sena SMHB-10 Units as well ! They work great

Spyder Garage

If you're considering the Scala, friends of mine have the G4 set (pretty sure) that they're going to sell. If you're interested, PM me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Why is the G4 so much more expensive than the Teamset Pro? What additional features does it have?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black