Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default color?

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, tahoma, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', sans-serif]
    [/FONT]bullant12: If you're up for taking some pictures and doing a review of the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs let me know. I'm sure I can get you a discounted price in exchange for your time =) It will definitely help people that are on the fence about upgrading their headlights and/or fog lights with performance halogen bulbs.

Let me know,

Steve
    Steve- do you know if these are white or blue/white. I also put LED fender lights on yesterday and now my headlights look really yellow. I don't think I'd mind a little blue since i have aqua Gloryders and plans for more blue or white lights in the future.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, tahoma, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', sans-serif]
    [/FONT]bullant12: If you're up for taking some pictures and doing a review of the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs let me know. I'm sure I can get you a discounted price in exchange for your time =) It will definitely help people that are on the fence about upgrading their headlights and/or fog lights with performance halogen bulbs.

Let me know,

Steve
    Thanks! My wife (Dentin028) sent you a PM today regarding some fog lights.

Spyder Garage

Default Cavman...

Just ordered a pair for my Turndra, too... my 4th set from DDM...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Rachel,

They will have a super white colour to them. Be careful with blue coated bulbs as typically they produce less actual light output given the blue coating.

bullant12: Awesome! I will check and reply. Thanks =)

Steve

zrc

I have head lights and fog lights and I am in the same boat. LED Halos around them, LEDs on the fenders, LED white Tips, and YELLOW bulbs in the fogs / mains. Makes me El Saddo. That coupled with getting white LEDs for the arms out to the wheels like the OP, I would like to get some white love in the 4 "factory" slots so I dont look all "Jacked up on Mt. Dew".

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What no matching H8 fog light bulbs?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Neutron12:

Are you referring to getting an H8 HID kit?

Steve

Spyder Garage

We have had some pretty good feedback from customers that have installed the Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs.
    I can attest to that. I put one of those in my wife's Vulcan to replace the dim, yellow looking original bulb. What a difference. Bright/white light. After 10,000 Km it was still like new when she traded in the Vulcan on her Spyder. We're adding a pair to the Spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We just had a customer post a video of the difference between using his stock high beam halogen bulbs and the Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs. Take a look:

Steve

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Neutron12:

Are you referring to getting an H8 HID kit?

Steve

No, I only wanted the Osram Nightbreaker Plus H7 headlight bulbs. But they do not have matching H8 fog light bulbs?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you are looking for something similar to the Osram bulb that is available in H7 and H8 I would suggest looking at the Putco Night White halogen bulb.

Steve

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I will check them out. Thanks Steve

Do you happen to know which color bulb would be a similar match to the Osram? I'm also trying to match my led lights from Tricleds. So im looking for a white light not a blue or purple. They have an Ion Spark White, Mirror White, or a Night White.
    Last edited by Neutron12; 05-23-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey,

I would definitely go with the "Night White" colour to best match the Osram bulbs.

Steve

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey,

I would definitely go with the "Night White" colour to best match the Osram bulbs.

Steve
    Thank you for the help Steve. Ordering now.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sweet! Hopefully you can post up some feedback once you get everything installed so that other members that are interested in this upgrade can get some more "unbiased" feedback =)

Steve

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sweet! Hopefully you can post up some feedback once you get everything installed so that other members that are interested in this upgrade can get some more "unbiased" feedback =)

Steve

Will do, Thanks again!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up High and low beam

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Don't waste your money. They are NO brighter at all --- actually give out less useable light as they are tinted bulbs--- people just think they give out more light because of the purplish/bluish appearance of the light.....Been plenty of tests on these-- and they simply cannot put out 'more' light... it's physically impossible...

Buy the VOLT version from Xenondepot--- they work just fine.
    Does that hid kit have high and low beam ? I have a 13 RSS I haven't checked to see what bulbs I have yet I was just curious . Thanks to you all for discussing on here.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xllxmrjohnxllx View Post
    Does that hid kit have high and low beam ? I have a 13 RSS I haven't checked to see what bulbs I have yet I was just curious . Thanks to you all for discussing on here.
    No separate high and low beam on North American Spyders (except ST?). They use a shutter to cover the top of the lens on low beams.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ohhhh ok that makes sense thank you for the info do you know what bulb it takes ? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xllxmrjohnxllx View Post
    Ohhhh ok that makes sense thank you for the info do you know what bulb it takes ? Thanks again

Depends on the model.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the HID kits from Xenon Depot. Really makes a difference. They come with everything you need. I will caution that if you are going to install them on an SE, use the extra harness that goes to the battery. It might save you from some spurious code issues. I also tried H11 bulbs for the fogs. They will not fit in the housing even though they are a replacement for H8 bulbs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you bruiser I have a 13 RSS sm5 . Are the headlights H8 bulbs ? It seems everywhere I read they are talking about different bulbs some say H7 some say H8 :} I need to pull one out I guess to make sure

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First off IMHO there is NO substitute for HIDS and that BRP kit is great and would not trade mine for any other kit out there.

You can find high wattage H7 bulbs being higher then the standard wattage H7 bulb but higher wattage means higher power draw and higher heat. Which you can run the risk of melting wiring that was not designed to run those.

They do have high powered LED bulbs out there now running CREE and even have built in fans for heat. They may do the truck for ya

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

bruiser: Thank you so much for taking the time to post up some feedback. I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the low beam upgrade.

xllxmrjohnxllx - According to my info, you would need to order an H7 HID kit to upgrade the low/high beam on your Spyder. I believe that your stock headlight bulb uses an adaptor to hold the stock H7 bulb into place which means that you would need to order this H7 adaptor in addition to the kit.

Steve

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So, which HID is required to upgrade a 2012 RT (low/high beams) to HID?