Thread: Rear brake pins

Spyder Garage

Default Rear brake pins

I plan on doing the brakes on my GS shortly and have a set of EBC pads to replace the originals that have 37500km on them.When I last checked the rear pads I noticed the pins that hold the pads were getting notched ,so I smoothed them out with some emery cloth and applied a thin coat of anti-seize.Well when I put on the new pads I want to replace these pins and found BRP's part listings they come as a kit with there pads not as a separate item.Anyone know how I can come by a set or have a set of pins to sell?

arntufun

If your talking about the pins that go through the calipers that hold the brake pads on. I have a set you can have. I just replaced my rear pads and new pins came with the new pads. They are still in good shape.

If nobody in Canada has them for you, I will send them to you providing you pay shipping. It's just a pain in the to fill out customs forms but if nobody has them up there let me know.
    Last edited by arntufun; 03-03-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bolts

Theirs a set on ebay for 49.99 that's what i paid at dealer.BRP does sell a set of bolts and bushings only.http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-BOMBARDI...b309e&vxp=mtr;)
    Last edited by skeetshooter; 03-04-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by skeetshooter View Post
    Theirs a set on ebay for 49.99 that's what i paid at dealer.BRP does sell a set of bolts and bushings only.http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-BOMBARDI...b309e&vxp=mtr;)
    Thanks for finding that skeetshooter.I may as well pay a few dollars more and get the pads included for the difference in price.
    Last edited by Just Doo Me; 03-04-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Spyder Garage

ebc pads are butt, I burned them and ruined a rotor in less than 6000 miles. Worst aftermarket product you can get for the spyder. EBC then said they were going to send me some pads to test and rotors,NEVER saw anything and no return email.

the gen 3 pads from BRP are well worth the cost, call Cowtown and they will hook you up.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EBC PADS ARE BUTT ????

What does that mean Seth....did you get these from Ron....did tell him what happened......concerned Spyderlover's would like to know.....Mike.....

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

=SethO;423073]

the gen 3 pads from BRP are well worth the cost, call Cowtown and they will hook you up.
    Gen 3,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    What does that mean Seth....did you get these from Ron....did tell him what happened......concerned Spyderlover's would like to know.....Mike.....
    I'm pretty sure Seth is talking about the organic EBC pads #FA474 #FA473 which is what I bought last year when they were first out.Talking to Ron his are a semi-sintered part#FA474v &#473V which should be more durable and improve stopping.Unfortunately they dont come with new caliper pins that i'd like to replace as mine are showing wear.To buy the BRP pins separately with spacers included isn't much cheaper than the BRP rear pad kit that come with pins and clips.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Seth is talking about the EBC Organic pads that have been around for some time. These were produced in hopes of curing noisy brakes and they were somewhat successful in that regard. But organic pads tend to wear more quickly and they don't stop as well as the original semi-metalic pads.

I never sold these organic pads because I did not think they were the way to go. To me stopping comes first, then noise control. I'd rather hear squeel than smash!

The EBC pads (and rotors for that matter) I am selling are a new product and a completely different compound from what Seth used. They are a Semi-Sintered material. Typical semi-metalic pads use small bits of steel impregnated into the pad to increase stopping power and reduce pad wear (though rotor wear is increased). But the steel also tends to introduce noise as well as the reddish powdery buildup on your wheels. This is actually rusted steel coating your rims.

EBC is not using steel in their new Semi-Metalic pads. I believe they are using a copper compound of some sort. Copper transfers heat more readily than steel, does not rust so you don't get the hard to remove reddish buildup on your rims, is a softer material so it is not as abrasive on the rotor and should solve the noise issue as well.

EBC is using a modified version of their race pad compond so they should stop as well or better than semi-metalic steel pads and certainly much better than any organic pad. This means less brake pressure to get the same stopping distance.

So far, the few that have installed these pads have been very happy with them. They report great stopping power and no brake noise.

The EBC rotors are made with a special, High Carbon compound. They claim an 18% increase in stopping power, better wear characteristics and better resistance to warpage and hard spots.

I only carry products that I personally believe in. All of you are more important to me than making a buck. Still, that does not guarantee that a new product is going to live up to my, or your expectations.

I do as much research as I can before I offer a product and if I find that is does not live up to my, or your expectations I will no longer carry an item. I figure we are all in this together, to make the Spyder the best machine we can. I want to be part of the solution, never a part of the problem.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-05-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...