Thread: Ride On

Spyder Garage

Default Ride On

Finally getting around to putting Ride On in the tires.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

Great product ! Used in my RS 25,000 miles and in my RTS 12,000 miles with no issues other then it takes a few minutes to spread around after sitting for a day or two. Haven't got around to putting it in my trailer tires yet, but will before SpyderFest .
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

hope its a while before I have to do that. Hey, nice floorBoards

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

Default Ride On

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    hope its a while before I have to do that. Hey, nice floorBoards

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Hey John, loving those floorboards. I haven't had any issues, I added the Ride On for a little piece of mind.
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had my rear tire go flat within 500 mi of being new from a glass cut between the treads. No bike shop would patch it citing liability issues. I bought a plug kit and inflated the tire with a emergency battery/compressor I had bought from Costco. one of the best things you can buy might I add. Then I heard about RideOn and ordered some online, installed it in my tires and thought everything was going to be fine, and it was until about 10K mi. Then I started getting a wierd vibration at about 45 mph until 50ish. Had no explanation. I recently had my 12K inspection done at 14K and had the front tires rotated. My mechanic told me that in the right front tire the RO had dryed up into a clump. This is probably what had caused the vibration because it has not re-occurred since the rotation. The stuff does work but buyers beware. And do not use Slime, it is caustic to our aluminum rims.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Spyder Garage

We've got Ride On in our Spyder tires as well as in my Z-4 (WAY less money than putting run flats back on it when we needed new tires). We were at a local motorcycle store recently when I ended up chatting about the Spyder with another biker that arrived. Lo and behold, we looked down at the rear tire and spotted a shiny nail...I said, "well, at least we have Ride On in the tires so we should be OK." Then Erags came out of the shop and told me he hadn't gotten around to putting it IN the rear tire yet. Oops! The stuff definitely doesn't work when it's still in the can! He put it in when we got home and then pulled the nail out... it was just the right length to have not punctured anything but the rubber. Dodged a bullet on that one! Erags likes the fact it balances the tires as well as taking care of flats...we don't have any weights on the tires now.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale