Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call from Carlo

Spyder Garage

A long time ago I was the sales training manager for my company. One of the sessions I conducted was about customer complaints. In my presentation I talked about the 10 rule versus the 100 rule.

10 Rule: If a person is happy with their service they will tell one or two other people who then tell a few others but the universe of good news stops at around ten.

100 Rule: If a person has a bad experience they will tell several people, who, in turn tell many others and the universe of bad news can grow to be one hundred or more.

(a side phenomenon of the 100 rule is that but the fifth or sixth re-telling the troubles are exaggerated beyond recognition.)
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You're right, I did go too far. Mouse Traps and Fly Swatters have all the bugs worked out! Not much fun to ride though!
    There is an answer to that: NHTSA!
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member Spyderjockey's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Carlo helped me finally after.........

I had a major problem with an issue a couple of years ago with my local dealer over a warranty problem. The mechanic at the dealer just did everything wrong when he put the claim into the system saying it was a "wear Item". That put an end to any warranty coverage on this problem even though just about everyone else that had the same problem was covered and one person that did not have any warranty left at all had the problem fixed at no charge at all and I'm glad he did. He is a close personal friend and I was glad that he was taken care of the way he was........I was just upset that my issue was denied even though I had paid over $700 for the extended warranty at the same dealership that was causing the problem for me.

I tried to get in touch with Carlo for several weeks with no response at all until I finally kept posting on the froums about how disgusted I was over the whole situation and Carlo finally called me about the posts I had been submitting. To make a very long story shorter Carlo finally did offer to appease me somewhat with an offering of a gift certificate as a good will gesture. I thank Carlo for that but I don't believe that all my emails, phone messages etc. should have gone unanswered for several weeks the way they did. He finally told me that Lamont brought my situation to his attention, which was an insult to me, in that my appeals to him did not seem to carry any weight. Like I said I do appreciate what Carlo finally did for me!

Hopefully this type of thing does not happen anymore!!

I still Love my Spyder with 59, 555 miles on it!!
    Corbin Bags and Corbin trailer hitch
    Shark 250 Watt Sound System with 2 speakers in front 1 in back
    Kurakyn Highway Foot Pegs
    Garmin nuvi 1450 LMT with Ram Mount
    F1 Queen Slider Windshield
    Power Outlet
    Shark communtication system
    SDC L.E.D. 6" Tail/Brake Light
    Gremlin Bell from Tail of the Dragon ride
    Cortech tank bag
    Kewlmetal adjustable handlebars
    Elkas Shocks all the way around
    Utopia Backrest

Love my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrjockey View Post
    I had a major problem with an issue a couple of years ago with my local dealer over a warranty problem. The mechanic at the dealer just did everything wrong when he put the claim into the system saying it was a "wear Item". That put an end to any warranty coverage on this problem even though just about everyone else that had the same problem was covered and one person that did not have any warranty left at all had the problem fixed at no charge at all and I'm glad he did. He is a close personal friend and I was glad that he was taken care of the way he was........I was just upset that my issue was denied even though I had paid over $700 for the extended warranty at the same dealership that was causing the problem for me.

I tried to get in touch with Carlo for several weeks with no response at all until I finally kept posting on the froums about how disgusted I was over the whole situation and Carlo finally called me about the posts I had been submitting. To make a very long story shorter Carlo finally did offer to appease me somewhat with an offering of a gift certificate as a good will gesture. I thank Carlo for that but I don't believe that all my emails, phone messages etc. should have gone unanswered for several weeks the way they did. He finally told me that Lamont brought my situation to his attention, which was an insult to me, in that my appeals to him did not seem to carry any weight. Like I said I do appreciate what Carlo finally did for me!

Hopefully this type of thing does not happen anymore!!

I still Love my Spyder with 59, 555 miles on it!!

They need more than one Carlo
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON YOUR DEALER'S QUALITY

Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyman View Post
    Well one small issue with my after 6000 miles. Dealer and BRP quick to fix and service is great. I am starting to notice a pattern of a few people complaining all the time. Would love to see all the happy people post and I would bet the number of RT's with issues is very small with a lot of the problem self induced... Just my opinion.... Go to honda dealer...bikes will be in the shop..Harley Dealer...bikes in the shop...doesn't mean the product are bad...
    I picked up my 2011 RT-S SE-5 last March, from the dealer in Kalispell, MT (Jesco Marine & Power Sports). When I took it in for the 600 mile service, the Service Mgr. went through it with "a fine tooth comb". The only problems I had noticed were that the two front wheels were installed backwards (tire tread facing the wrong way), and the RH foglight was inoperative. Turns out they were improperly mounted / installed when it was first set up, by a trainee who no longer works there. The Service manager "walked me through" all the owner service items, and fully and patiently explained them as he went. Jesco is 150 miles from my location, and they set up the appointment two weeks ahead of time, and assured me that the bike would be back in my hands the same day. I can't speak highly enough of them. I don't know of ANYONE WHO'S RECEIVED THAT HIGH QUALITY TREATMENT FROM THEIR DEALER. There may be others out there, like them, but I feel they're exceptional.

I have had no further trouble. I love it! It's addictive!