Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default UPDATED! BRP Demo day in May at Concord Mills Mall Parking lot

Ran into the BRP rep at the Charlotte Bike show this past weekend. They are bringing the tractor trailer of spyders in for a demo weekend at Concord Mills Mall sometime in May. Should know soon what weekend that will be.

I will be there... Would like to make a day of it and grab some grub with any other owners that show up. So put it on your radar. I know several of us showed up last time randomly and helped out.

Here is the date!

CONCORD MILLS MALL May 11 - May 13
    8111 CONCORDS MILLS BLVD.
    CONCORD, NC 28027
    Last edited by WackyDan; 03-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Demo Days

Unless it is May 17th weekend, I am in. We are headed to Myrtle Bike Week that wknd.

This is what BRP needs to get more people aware and more mainstream! They need to send press releases to the local TV stations and ask their reporters to come take test drives ahead of time for video PR.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Hi Dan, Thanks for the heads-up! If I am in town, definitely interested in hanging around a bit. Cheers, Ron

Spyder Garage

Default Demo Day. I would love to meet up with you and other Ryder's. Let me know.

QUOTE=WackyDan;421610]Ran into the BRP rep at the Charlotte Bike show this past weekend. They are bringing the tractor trailer of spyders in for a demo weekend at Concord Mills Mall sometime in May. Should know soon what weekend that will be.

I will be there... Would like to make a day of it and grab some grub with any other owners that show up. So put it on your radar. I know several of us showed up last time randomly and helped out.

Will update when a date is concrete.[/QUOTE]

Dan!

I am in. Let me know when you have confirmation on the date

Spyder Garage

i would love to make it!
    i'll have to check on hotel prices and make a weekend of it since attending even for a couple of hours would mean taking a night off work

if it's doable for me though plan on a Durham incursion! LOL and yes i meant incursion not excursion.....

if anyone else from the triangle area wants to play Spyder Parade on the way down though we should totally ryde together.
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

CONCORD, NC 28027
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    26,000 miles.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    CONCORD, NC 28027
    I will be there for sure!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Anyone know the time that this will start on Friday also let me know when everyone will be there maybe we can do a ride and lunch or something along those lines!

Spyder Garage

Sounds fun

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Just got E-mail that they will be in Charleston,SC(Ladson realey)on May 10th,can't wait althought we already have two it should be fun to watrch every one else
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Just a bit to far for us. Like KipDm, would require a day off work and a motel stay.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

If there's a day and time set up by someone to meet, we may be able to make it from Cary, NC. Kip, we could ride with you if all works out.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Default mmmmmm, road trip.....

Quote Originally Posted by Leslee View Post
    If there's a day and time set up by someone to meet, we may be able to make it from Cary, NC. Kip, we could ride with you if all works out.
    not sure what day you were planning on going down (or if you were going to make it a full weekend).
    if i get the time off work (knock on wood) i plan on ryding down Friday after noon (since usually get in from work at about 1AM leaving before 10AM is rough since i can never go right to bed after getting home).

if leaving Friday, May 11 anywhere in the 11AM-2PM range sounds good we could always meet up at Streets of Southpoint Mall (say as close to the fountain at the movie theater as possible?).

i will try to get used to going to bed earlier so that 10AM can become a possibility but no promises

i will update as soon as i find out confirmed personal leave day granted (assuming everything else sounds fine).
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

My days there are Saturday and Sunday.

By the way, the local BRP rep that lives a few miles from my house will be there. Nice guy and very appreciative when the owners show up at these things and mingle with the demo riders.

The two Charlotte dealers should also be there, along with the one up in Albermarle, NC potentially. I really had a great time at the one last year though I missed the other owners as I was late.

I will plan on being there for lunch hour both days. May be able to do dinner if that works better for some of you.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    26,000 miles.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

wow 2 dealers in Charlotte? that sounds kewl. should also mean plenty of peeps to ryde with too....
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KipDM View Post
    not sure what day you were planning on going down (or if you were going to make it a full weekend).
    if i get the time off work (knock on wood) i plan on ryding down Friday after noon (since usually get in from work at about 1AM leaving before 10AM is rough since i can never go right to bed after getting home).

if leaving Friday, May 11 anywhere in the 11AM-2PM range sounds good we could always meet up at Streets of Southpoint Mall (say as close to the fountain at the movie theater as possible?).

i will try to get used to going to bed earlier so that 10AM can become a possibility but no promises

i will update as soon as i find out confirmed personal leave day granted (assuming everything else sounds fine).
    KipDM - I should have my Spyder by then and am in Durham, so might be interested in riding down there with you. My brother lives just south of Charlotte so I'll probably spend some time with him and his family that weekend, but would love to meet some of the Carolina Spyder crew!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by staysafeonline View Post
    KipDM - I should have my Spyder by then and am in Durham, so might be interested in riding down there with you. My brother lives just south of Charlotte so I'll probably spend some time with him and his family that weekend, but would love to meet some of the Carolina Spyder crew!
    excellent! if we can manage times/correctly we can be a 3-spyder caravan since i am trying to meet Leslee too. and hopefully you will be able to get your ryde by then!
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Day

Quote Originally Posted by KipDM View Post
    excellent! if we can manage times/correctly we can be a 3-spyder caravan since i am trying to meet Leslee too. and hopefully you will be able to get your ryde by then!
    What do you think your ETA in Concord would be?
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Registered Users
    2419 FERN ST / GEORGETOWN SOUTH CAROLINA 29440 / phone # 843 546 5965
    Spyder Garage

Default BIKE WEEK MYRTLE BEACH

WE WILL BE IN MYRTLE BEACH BIKE WEEK / KAY AND SPIKE / WHITE LIMINTED SPYDER RT //// HOPE TO SEE SOME SPYDERS THERE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    My days there are Saturday and Sunday.

By the way, the local BRP rep that lives a few miles from my house will be there. Nice guy and very appreciative when the owners show up at these things and mingle with the demo riders.

The two Charlotte dealers should also be there, along with the one up in Albermarle, NC potentially. I really had a great time at the one last year though I missed the other owners as I was late.

I will plan on being there for lunch hour both days. May be able to do dinner if that works better for some of you.

Dan, sounds like another great opportunity for a Carolina Spyder Ryder Meet n' Greet. Since you know the area could you/ would you play host?

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WingmanRT View Post
    What do you think your ETA in Concord would be?
    currently our leave time is up in the air but we should be able to give definitive times by sometime in April (or very early May).
    my current hope is to be able to leave in the noon-1PM time range and ryde more leisurely than i do in a car and get to Concord/Concord Mills Mall in the 3-4:45PM range (depends on weather, traffic, and how many pitstops we choose).
    this is a very loose time though since i am very flexible timewise and not sure if the other people will be (able to get off work early) or not.
    KIP
    2011 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    Dan, sounds like another great opportunity for a Carolina Spyder Ryder Meet n' Greet. Since you know the area could you/ would you play host?
    Will do.. Spyder goes in the shop next week... should be out in the next week but there is a suspicion of output shaft issues... So.. I may have to drive there.

Right now... for that Saturday I will host Lunch at the Quaker Steak and Lube across i-85 from the demo lot. I will need rsvp's in another couple of weeks ( I WILL MAKE A SEPARATE post) so that I can arrive early and score the right number of seats.. Maybe we can get BRP there with us.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    26,000 miles.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Depending on the date I should be there at least one day, probably Saturday but we'll see. Would be happy to ryde with any others from Hickory area (Duck??) if interested, maybe start a thread in the other NC forum, I never know which one to check now, dunno why they have two for NC.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenthierfelder View Post
    Depending on the date I should be there at least one day, probably Saturday but we'll see. Would be happy to ryde with any others from Hickory area (Duck??) if interested, maybe start a thread in the other NC forum, I never know which one to check now, dunno why they have two for NC.
    Yeah, the Duck is interested. Always interested in seeing fellow Spyderfolk; we're good peoples.

Buddy? Wilt thou join us, o fearless leader? (provided Mrs. Fearless Leader is agreeable...heehee)

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderDuck View Post

Buddy? Wilt thou join us, o fearless leader? (provided Mrs. Fearless Leader is agreeable...heehee)
    Haha! Yes, I may do this if I can get all of the work complete on my spyder before then. Got to have new tires all the way around - even with the nanny, the back end almost said hello to the front end when I went around a curve on Hwy 181 a couple of weeks ago!
    Rather carve than cruise.