Spyder Garage

Default February 29 tornadoes

Praying all of you in Missouri & Kansas are save from tornadoes.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Default HEY TRIPOD

All's well in St. Louis...........just had rain and 50 MPH winds last night. About 1000 people were out of power for awhile. Branson got hammered pretty hard....................Hey Tripod, you OK?

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Hope everyone is well up there. This has been a strange year for weather.

Spyder Garage

Thank you.. (Central MO) Got up to the sounds of the wind about 12:30AM and turned on the Television -- watched the weather channel for about an hour, the storm was headed toward CUBA MO so I texted Len from CowTown and told him he and his family better buckle down--I recieved a text earlier thismorning saying that they are fine.. I talked to Mo Lee and he is good as well--- it was probably one of the strongest storms that I've seen while I have been living here..

X-Joe

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Folks in Harrisburg, IL, and many other places need prayers of comfort and protection.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.787460,-89.701514
    I'm mobile using Tapatalk
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Teddy & I are pray'n that all of our extended SpyderLovers family members are ok

Spyder Garage

's for the people in the area. When I lived in WI, and IN tornadoes were my worst nightmare. They are one of natures most brutal and devestating occurances.

The main season is still off--but it does not seem to matter much lately--they happen at the meeting of two fronts.

AK has been tornado free--but I am expecting them here before to long. Hope I am wrong.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Glad MOGANG is okay. Prayers for others in MO and surrounding states

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    All's well in St. Louis...........just had rain and 50 MPH winds last night. About 1000 people were out of power for awhile. Branson got hammered pretty hard....................Hey Tripod, you OK?

Jim...thanks for the shout out...it hit hard in our neighborhood, a lot of damage and a few homes destroyed but we suffered no damage or injuries. The random nature of the storm is unbelieveable. Near us it took out a house in the middle of a block and the houses on either side had slight damage??? It's not Joplin, but it's not good either.

Please send everyone here, we're still open for business!!

Tripod

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Was windy and I slept thru it I guess BUT the house out on 68 lost it's roof.. NEW Pretty Blue metal roof all over the yard and accross the street and then the really big old Oak tree went down across the road messed with traffic for quite awhile. No damage on my road, or at my house.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
    Jim...thanks for the shout out...it hit hard in our neighborhood, a lot of damage and a few homes destroyed but we suffered no damage or injuries. The random nature of the storm is unbelieveable. Near us it took out a house in the middle of a block and the houses on either side had slight damage??? It's not Joplin, but it's not good either.

Please send everyone here, we're still open for business!!

Tripod
    Glad that you are OK..........we will keep all in our prayers that they will be able to recover the the damages.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Me and my wife are in Cuba, MO. right now, which is about 2 hours from home. We had some serious winds and such in the STL area while the tornadoes and destructive winds were hitting southern MO. and other areas. We took a detour through Buffalo, MO. which happened to be where one of the 1st fatalities happened. A mother of three was killed in a mobile home hit. We must have driven through the direct path of the accident. I have never seen so many old trees uprooted. They were all laying in the same direction. These are trees that would take three grown adults to link hands to reach around. I'm talking real, out in the country, boot heel of MO. area. It's on the outskirts of the Ozarks. Search Branson if you want to see what it would look like if Vegas got hit by one.
    The homes, barns, sheds and all the trees that were destroyed were surreal. I hope that Lamont and Dave & Teddy are alright, as well. I see that they hit the areas that they are close to. I know that there are many more people on here that would have been in the way as well, but I don't know where everyone lives, so I hope that all of our members come out unscathed.

Stay safe,

Kevin and Joanie
    Last edited by kevorama; 03-02-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Got rough here in SEMO also. But we are all OK. My purple Martin houses are leaning at a severe angle tho. Hope everyone on SL.com made it through with no severe damage.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Prayers & thanks go out to ALL, haven't heard about Lamont, but Teddy & I are ok

The storm went over us without any damage that Im aware of, but then again, I can't really get outside to investigate with my back being out. News have 4 confirmed deaths & 2 more that are probable, lots of destruction & reports of trapped people in the left over debris of their homes. I believe they said there were 4 touchdowns within a 50 mile radius of where we live 41016 tho its all still preliminary until they can investigate more thuroughly after the sun comes up tomorrow. It was scary there for a bit, as we live in the most northernly part of Kenton County, & the news was reporting a funnel was spotted in southern Kenton County. Teddy & I are praying that the rest of the Cincinnati area Spyder Ryders are all ok as well, along with ALL those families impacted by these horrible storms