Spyder Garage

Default HID lights from KBcarstuff

Just got my HID kits from KB and I have searched for everthing related to installing these on an RT but found no install info other than on an RS. I think Lamont put these in but can anyone point me to install on an RT by any member?. Just want to see what issues encounter and where the parts were mounted. The bulbs are 9005 that I was told are for RTS and what KB confirmed (the book says H9 not sure what the difference is). My RT is 2011 by the way.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,
    Last edited by bluestratos; 02-28-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Remove side panels on both side and headlight surround.
    Remove headlight enclosure. There are four bolts plus the headlight adjustments on the sides of the bike that need to be undone for this. Remove dust cover on back and drill a large hole in the back big enough to fit the connectors through. Replace the original headlight with the hid bulb. DO NOT TOUCH THE BULB.
    Looking where the headlight goes on the body of the bike, above and to the outside you will see the back sided of the well that the speakers are in. I used the double sided tape to mount the ballast on top. Hook up all the connectors. If you already have a separate fuse box for your accessories, run the power cords to that, if not, run them to the battery. Should be about it.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a great step by step that Spyderlover Phil did. Look through the Xenondepot thread I think it was in there. They were going to put that on their website. I followed his directions and the install was really easy. Good luck
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I'm going to install a Centech fuse block I purchased when I do my HID install and was wondering which fuse should be used. It has a 10,15,20 and 25 amp fuse in it.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is the link to Phil's instructions http://hidkitsblog.com/?s=can+am+spyder
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks all,

Looks easy and I already have the fuse block so install will be very easy. I was worried about the 9005 bulb being the correct one for this application but it appears that is fine.

I installed HIDs in my last bike and it was an almost identical kit.

Regards,

Randy

Spyder Garage

Randy,

Please let me know if you have any questions in regards to installing the Xtreme HID kit. If you would like one of us to give you a call to discuss please send us a PM with your contact information or call us toll free at 1-877-522-2701.

Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
    Randy,

Please let me know if you have any questions in regards to installing the Xtreme HID kit. If you would like one of us to give you a call to discuss please send us a PM with your contact information or call us toll free at 1-877-522-2701.

Steve
    I just bought a set and my question would be --Why not include install instructions for the Spyder in the kit as you are a site sponsor for all things Spyder ??
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Hi,
    Our HID kits are not "Spyder Specific" so we do not send out a spider specific installation guide. However, Take a look at this link for some very detailed DIY instructions:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...746#post354746

Steve

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the help :-) I may give you call as offered but with the last DIY you linked me to it is pretty much what I thought. My biggest probm will be aiming, I wll try what he did other wise, I have to go looking level parking lot with a clean wall to point the lights at, lol...

Regards,

Randy

Spyder Garage

Sounds good!

Registered Users InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HID Installation Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Just got my HID kits from KB and I have searched for everthing related to installing these on an RT but found no install info other than on an RS. I think Lamont put these in but can anyone point me to install on an RT by any member?. Just want to see what issues encounter and where the parts were mounted. The bulbs are 9005 that I was told are for RTS and what KB confirmed (the book says H9 not sure what the difference is). My RT is 2011 by the way.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,
    If you go to the following link there is a step by step that I posted a while back.
    Good luck C-YA RL http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/top...-hid-lighting/
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

Installed them this morning, took about 2 hours. I have the 5000 style, good clean white light. I have to take it out to night to see if really helps at all. If not at least I saved some amps :-) I ran the fused power directly to the battery, I assume it will draw no power untill the headlights fire off the relay. The instruction book is about the worst I have ever read but not really needed as I have done this before on ather bike.

Thanks for the help :-)

Spyder Garage

I took in out yesterday after adjusting the headlights last night. The light is much whiter but over all not much difference as far as lighting the road. High beam seems to throw a lot of light now though. This was the same experince I had on my last bike so I am not surprised. My headlights were set way too high right from the factory so in reality, I lost some when on low beam, lol.

I will have to try adjusting them again once more but I placed the headlight surface 33 feet from a vertical wall on smooth, level ground. I set the low beam hieght at 27.5". What makes me wonder is that on the right sided I pretty much bottomed out on adjustment when bringing them down.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 03-04-2012 at 02:49 PM.