Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 3000 mile service

I have put 3000 miles on my 2011 RS-S, in 1 month(I'm proud of that) but now it is time for the service. I met one rider that told me they never got the service, is it neccessary? when I got the 600 mile service it cost 300 bucks so I can only imagine what the 3000 mile service is going to cost.does anyone know a mechannic other than the dealer in the metro Atlanta area?

Spyder Garage

Default Service

Freedom Powersports has 3locations and Mountain Sports, with 2, is just opening a new place in Marietta on US 41, North of Dobbins ARB. I don't know if they will do Spyders in Marieta or not. Also, in Cartersville there is Extreme Propulsion. I've used Freedom in Kennesaw, bought a mx package, which I think is saving me $$ and have used Extreme for installing a few things. Both good folks and so far I'm a happy camper - no one seems to stock any parts of real consequence. Something breaks, you wait or ride it anyway. Guess most dealers of anything expensive are that way these days, if not all.

I'd do the 3,000 mile just for protection of the warranty. No telling the problems you'd have if they could pin something on lack of following their program. There are several views on the mx requirements and the way folks handle them.

I'm up in Waleska. PM me if you are in the area, or will be, most all mornings are free, look after grandkids after school most days.

Tuck

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1morespyderrid View Post
    I have put 3000 miles on my 2011 RS-S, in 1 month(I'm proud of that) but now it is time for the service. I met one rider that told me they never got the service, is it neccessary? when I got the 600 mile service it cost 300 bucks so I can only imagine what the 3000 mile service is going to cost.does anyone know a mechannic other than the dealer in the metro Atlanta area?
    Why imagine, Just ask them what it will cost, Then you can make a decision.

Spyder Garage

The 300 mile service interval is similar to the 600 mile, but maybe even less involved. It should cost about the same. The 6K intervals are a bit more involved, and the 12K are the most stringent.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Last edited by wyliec; 02-27-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

I sent you a PM.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a pre-paid service contract but my 3000 mile service was billed exactly the same as my 600 mile service. Both were billed at $286.44.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Garrett Miller owns Gashead Motorsports in Conyers Ga. 678-562-0078. He is trained on Spyders.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I took mine in recently for the 3000,I have an Rt, dealer told me that it didnt need to get done until 4200 per new BRP instruction. I went ahead and had it done any way. It's not as detailed as the 600.

Spyder Garage

I was told I had to bring my RS-S in at 4900 miles. I have never heard of a 3000 mile service. Is it an RT thing?
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I was told I had to bring my RS-S in at 4900 miles. I have never heard of a 3000 mile service. Is it an RT thing?
    Originally there was a 3 thousand mile service, Now BRP changed it to 4,600 miles.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Originally there was a 3 thousand mile service, Now BRP changed it to 4,600 miles.
    Only after you have switched to the new filters.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

? Do the 2013's have the new filters?

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    ? Do the 2013's have the new filters?

Chris
    They should, and your O&M manual should reflect the revised maintenance schedule.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!