Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Safety Course

I took the motorcycle safety course. More states are allowing you to take the test on the Spyder so take the course. You will feel much more confident. In most states, taking the course gives you a certificate to take to your MVA and get your license. My partner did not pass the first time, but the Safety course let her come back and practice for an hour before the next test and take the test with that session. She passed and got her license.

I suggest the course because it will teach you about riding in general raising your comfort level.

Good luck.... You can do it.

MOgang member & Pyro-Lady Joanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I am sure that I will get it later rather than sooner. My son is getting married this summer, so I don't think I will have the opportunity to study much. We are busy trying to get ready for Spyderfest, then college graduation, then the wedding, then our annual 4th of July Party. So it might have to wait till this fall. So then next year I will ask Kev for a Spyder for Christmas!!!
    Spyderfest 2017 -- Magic 8.

Joanie

Spyder Garage

Default license

Got my permit (written test only) while I was waiting for my new spyder to arrive, took the driving part of the test a week after I picked up the bike. The bike is so easy to handle and I had never driven a bike before. Enjoy! Penny

Spyder Garage

No endorsement required here in California. I had an M1 Endorsement years ago, but then moved to a couple of other states. Got rid of my two wheeler while in Arizona, so never got the endorsement when I moved back to California.

Spyder Garage

I bought Clyde on a sunny Saturday in September 2010. My sister, Catniption, rode it home for me on Sunday, and had me riding in circles and figure 8s in the cul-de-sac where I live that afternoon. I spent that week riding the Spyder around the development (state maintained road, but one of my neighbors was a deputy with the sheriff's department, and he was cool with it) and studying for the 'written' test. took the test on Friday and got my learner's permit, which at that time was good for 18 months. I kept trying to get in a trike class, but none were scheduled in my state last year, and with my permit expiring soon, I took the road test earlier this month, and passed it easily, despite my nervousness.

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)