Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Wow. I an glad to hear Weave2U is OK as well. Hope to hear that you are riding again soon

And Chris (Mouthpiece) I am not sure how I missed reading about your accident,,, but I did somehow. Glad you made it thru OK also.

Take care guys. Hope you are both riding your Spyders again very soon.

+1 ....scary stuff
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but glad you weren't seriously hurt. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    Unfortunately, in every situation that can occur is a point of no return in which there is very little you can do to mitigate a bad outcome. Awareness is definitely of primary importance when we travel around, but even awareness can't always allow you to avoid the unavoidable.
    That's a very true statement. Trying to ride defensively and smart keeps those situations to a minimum but, sometimes, the best efforts in the world just aren't enough. Sometimes an accident can't be avoided but the bad results can always be minimized by wearing good protective gear. Glad you were wearing yours and glad you survived with minimal injuries. Hope the Spyder can be repaired or replaced and you're back on it soon.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Glad you're okay. There's been too many post like this lately.

Spyder Garage

Default Holy Cow....

Happy to hear your still around to tell the tale. Take care of yourself and may you & the get back on the road again soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    My dilemma is not so much me on whether I'll be riding again. If it were solely up to me, I'd be riding right now. However, I'm pretty banged up. It's my wife where I will have the problem. Although she wasn't on it when my accident happened, I fear she is vehemently against me riding again.

I may need some help from other members who have been confronted with this situation.

Chris
    Count on me. Like I've said, it's not really the MC that is the biggest hazard IMHO. That said, safety equipment, lighting, and awareness can cut back on the number of accidents that occur. I wish you the very best! I too would be ryding this very minute... and I will always be a ryder... I do myss my Spyder :-(
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kmort44 View Post
    No one has mentioned the one thing everybody does before impact, you grit your teeth and in your head you say something. I remember perfectly when I had a motorist pull out in front of me and me and my Goldwing proceeded to lock up the brakes, nose dive and leave the motorcycle for the hood of the car, but as i was flying I can remember saying and I quote " OH GOD THIS IS GONNA HURT" and believe me it did!

So glad to hear so many survive these accidents , good luck with your Insurance company and remember this, they will only give you what they THINK they can get away with,( what you deserve is so much more!!!).

Ryde on
    I not only thought it... I yelled in my helmet "Oh S__t!! This is going to HURT!!" I remember it plain as day!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are ok! Just think about what could have happened if you were on a two wheel motorcycle.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Update

Just received a call from the insurance tech that will be inspecting my vehicle. She informed me that she would be looking at it tomorrow and the shop (Fred Cummings Powersports) won't have an estimate until the end of the week. She said that damage to anything attached to the vehicle is included in the estimate (I had the BRP hardside bags on it, with LED's and all the other mods I added). She seemed to have some experience with Spyders and said it always takes longer coming up with an estimate for Spyders than regular motorcycles due to all the research in the multitude of parts. Anyway, no outcome is actually a good outcome. Repairs will result in an unknown quality and a vehicle history that includes a major accident. If they total it, I would be free of the financing and could buy a new one, but all the money and work I put into that one is lost... so... oh well...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    Just received a call from the insurance tech that will be inspecting my vehicle. She informed me that she would be looking at it tomorrow and the shop (Fred Cummings Powersports) won't have an estimate until the end of the week. She said that damage to anything attached to the vehicle is included in the estimate (I had the BRP hardside bags on it, with LED's and all the other mods I added). She seemed to have some experience with Spyders and said it always takes longer coming up with an estimate for Spyders than regular motorcycles due to all the research in the multitude of parts. Anyway, no outcome is actually a good outcome. Repairs will result in an unknown quality and a vehicle history that includes a major accident. If they total it, I would be free of the financing and could buy a new one, but all the money and work I put into that one is lost... so... oh well...

I'm pretty much in the same posture although the insurance company has "totalled" my 2010 RT and has offered $23,500.00. My lawyer is dickering with them in that I had several upgrades such as XM radio, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, Corbin saddle with armrests, InspectorGadget carrier rack (which I had JUST installed) and a leather luggage carrier from Hotleathers in Daytona. I'm hoping to be able to bump their offer up some more.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I'm pretty much in the same posture although the insurance company has "totalled" my 2010 RT and has offered $23,500.00. My lawyer is dickering with them in that I had several upgrades such as XM radio, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, Corbin saddle with armrests, InspectorGadget carrier rack (which I had JUST installed) and a leather luggage carrier from Hotleathers in Daytona. I'm hoping to be able to bump their offer up some more.

Chris
    I was assured that anything attached is considered part of the vehicle and they have to include it in the estimated repairs... I didn't have my GPS on it at the time, and I don't have radio on it either. It seems that if they total it, they simply pay it off and I'm no longer obligated to pay on it. That would mean the work and expense of all the mods I did is gone. They will never exceed the value of the vehicle when they total it. I guess I could go after her insurance to reimburse me somehow, but I'm not sure how all that works. Anyway, we'll see... time will tell. I just hope I'm able to somehow get another one if it comes to that.

Spyder Garage

My dilemma is not so much me on whether I'll be riding again. If it were solely up to me, I'd be riding right now. However, I'm pretty banged up. It's my wife where I will have the problem. Although she wasn't on it when my accident happened, I fear she is vehemently against me riding again.

I may need some help from other members who have been confronted with this situation.

Chris
    Chris,

Are you having any luck in calming down your wife and replacing the Spyder? You can't blame her for her initial reaction. Hopefully she will accept the accident as part of the risk or downside we all face, realize that ATGATT can help a great deal and eventually be at peace with you riding once again.
    Dan

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Chris,

Are you having any luck in calming down your wife and replacing the Spyder? You can't blame her for her initial reaction. Hopefully she will accept the accident as part of the risk or downside we all face, realize that ATGATT can help a great deal and eventually be at peace with you riding once again.
    It took my wife 25 years after i had a mishap with my bike to stop asking In caps, Your not going out on the bike are ''you''.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's my wife where I will have the problem. Although she wasn't on it when my accident happened, I fear she is vehemently against me riding again.
    Chris,
    The reason she's scared is because she loves you so much... Once she realizes that you're missing riding, she'll start to come back around. My Missus was right behind me; following me to the dealers when my "incident" happened. After a couple of "pronouncements", she has relented and is now looking forward to the ryding season again! Give her a little time and she may come around on her own...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

A little update. Today (Wednesday 2-29-12) I received a call from the technician again to let me know she had looked at the MC. In her words "It's pretty beat up." She said that before she declares it a total financial loss, she wants to get the estimate from the shop, and that is going to be a few days in coming. I think the earliest I'll hear the outcome is Monday. She mentioned the wrap and custom decals and assured me that replacement for all of that will be included and she said she told the shop to be sure to include replacement value of all the additional stuff I've done to it. So... time, time is ticking... ticking away....LOL.