Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default First MC accident

Was involved in my first motorcycle accident... my Spyder is pretty banged up, but hopefully repairable. I'm a bit sore, but no major injuries. I was on my way to work, doing 55mph when a lady in the cross street decided to leave the stop bar and plow into me... the Spyder and I went rolling down the road... but the Good Lord was with me, and like I said, I received few injuries. Always wear your safety gear... it saved me some scrapes and bruises.
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Spyder Garage

glad your ok, cagers have no idea how fast they can kill a biker. hope you get the spyder back on the road soon.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Yes I to glade your ok. that is one of my greatest fears.... getting hit!
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Spyder Garage

Glad you made it through the experience with minimal wear and tear.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of your troubles, glad that your relatively OK. Hope that you get your Spyder repaired and back functional soon
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you're OK, it must have been a terrifying experience. It might not mean much in the end, but that's why I like my Spyder loud and I use my Stebel air horn a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    Was involved in my first motorcycle accident... my Spyder is pretty banged up, but hopefully repairable. I'm a bit sore, but no major injuries. I was on my way to work, doing 55mph when a lady in the cross street decided to leave the stop bar and plow into me... the Spyder and I went rolling down the road... but the Good Lord was with me, and like I said, I received few injuries. Always wear your safety gear... it saved me some scrapes and bruises.
    Praise the Lord you're alright! Hope to see you on the road again soon buddy!
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Having had mine this past October; it's no dang fun at all when things go wrong! You'll be sore for more than a little while, but it's good that you're basically okay. Anything else can be repaired or replaced! Please let us know how the healing process commences.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Glad you survived. Now you know why I call them "Opposing Drivers".
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ACCIDENT

I'm very glad to here you are a survivor in this.....IMHO I'd be pushing real hard for a replacement Spyder not a repaired one.....the eventual resale value goes down the toilet on a repaired one......and serious repairs are very, very ,very hard to get perfect and you deserve nothing less....IMHO.....Mike...Good Luck.....

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, But but glad you were able to walk a way. When you ride out in the open it can get dangerous.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Had my one and only (knock on wood) 30+ years ago. Remember like it was yesterday. Thank God you walked away. I agree...go for a new bike...don't roll over for the ins. company. Take care!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW, WHAT A RIDE"!!! Doing it on a 2010 SE5...With lots of goodies

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's hope that this was your only motorcycle accident.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default PRAYER is GOOD

Glad your OK, and hope the SPYDER gets repaired ASAP, and you get back on it, to regain that SMILE, ans come to SPYDERFEST 3.
    Last edited by jimclarkf1; 02-25-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your accident. I too am glad your ok.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    You say first like there will be a second...let's pray that's not the case! What protective gear were you wearing?

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you sustained no serious injuries...I just took delivery of a new RT last night actually and this is a good reminder for me to be careful when I get out there. I am a very defensive driver and can ushually pick out the "clowns" when I see them...but sometimes just can't always judge or control what others are gonna do or have enough time to react as you are well aware. At some on the point you just have to trust the angel on your shoulder, hope I have the same one riding with me apparently that was with you.

I know this is not related to your accident but I REALLY want to see something done about people texting while driving...it's getting rediculous and I see it nearly every day now. If someone ever hits me because they were texting , and I can walk I think they are going to need their own angel as well. I believe the statics are 25% of all accident now are due to texting/distracted driving...far more than drunk driving I understand and something needs to be done! If that would be to completely ban any phone usage while driving...so be it.

I know you don't feel great about the whole situation right now but get well soon and remember the Spyder can be replaced.

Spyder Garage

sorry to hear of your accident,glad you were on a spyder outcome might have been different on a 2 wheeler

Spyder Garage

Glad you're ok. Sore is better that a hospital stay. The Spyder will be repaired/replaced and then you can get back on the road.

Spyder Garage

Glad you are here to post about it. Most drivers of cars don't realize they are opperating a weapon. If more people thought this way, they might pay better attention. I don't like that the trend in cars is to load them up with more and more technological gadgets. When you are driving a car, that's all you are supposed to be doing. It scares me that there probably wasn't a lot you could have done about getting hit.

Anyway, sorry to rant. Inattentive drivers are our worst enemy.
    Marilyn

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

glad to hear you are OK...Spyder can be fixed or replaced

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

So happy you are here in one piece to write about it.
    2011 RTS SE5 Chrome Dash Kit, Best Flame Kit, Chrome handle bar end caps, Chrome Tail pipe tip and heat shield, Chrome Handlebar Cover.

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Our bikes stand out more than 2 wheelers do. That's one reason we got a Spyder. I got tired of 2nd guessing what a side entrance driver would do. It's another reason I added a 2nd set of head lights down low to the ground. More visibility. I'm glad that you are ok. Don't let the insurance company low ball you and I hope that this incident doesn't discourage you from getting back on again. A bad accident in 87' kept me off of bikes for 20 years. Although, the accident was my fault, totally, it still shook me up pretty bad. Good luck!
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glade you are OK.. The can be fixed or maybe better yet the insurance co. will get you a new one...

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Glad to hear you are going to be OK

It's bad to hear about the accident but GREAT to hear you walkway from it . 55 mph + car = new spyder. Unless it was just a glancing blow try to get a new Spyder.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)