Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RS SE5 FOG Light (lots)Questions!

I dont have this installed but Im looking to add these soon. 1.How does it turn on, with ur regular headlights? Or does it have its own switch? 2.(important) Is the harness already in the spyder for the fog lights? 3. Is the headlight assemby the same as the fog assemby? Im looking for the best option out there. either after market ( if u have any input on brands) or going factory. Thank you guys for all your help!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by emoney230 View Post
    I dont have this installed but Im looking to add these soon. 1.How does it turn on, with ur regular headlights? Or does it have its own switch? 2.(important) Is the harness already in the spyder for the fog lights? 3. Is the headlight assemby the same as the fog assemby? Im looking for the best option out there. either after market ( if u have any input on brands) or going factory. Thank you guys for all your help!!
    Can't answer all of them as I had my dealer install them, but #1 is easy: there's a switch they mount to either your dash or the body (your choice, I had mine mounted to the body just under the left handlebar).
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1. It does have its own switch but if you leave it on, it will turn on and off along with rest of lights. I tie-wrap the switch under handle bar as I didn't see the need to turn off fog lights.
    2. It will come with harness that you need to swap out.
    3. They are different with different bulbs. Brp is the only option if you want the fogs in their normal place. There are led that mounts to a-arm or side of the bumper.

Spyder does look the best with Brp fogs and hid all around.
    Stock Brp bulbs does not have high output.
    Last edited by aka1004; 02-22-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Fog Lights

Moto Lights are by far superior to BRP's fog lights. They mount to the front hubs so steer with the wheels. Come in either 35 or 55W. I have the 55W bulbs and they are as bright if not brighter than the headlights. They are adjustable up/down so you can get them just where you want them unlike factory that are unadjustable. The bulbs are guaranteed for life. If it burns out they send you a new bulb. Top notch machining/farbication on these lights. A LOT of BWW riders mount Moto Lights. They have a Spyder specific kit and installation if straight foward if you have any mechanical ability. If you need/want photos of my installation email me at jdickinson@gmail.com . Also if your a veteran you get a discount.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    1. It does have its own switch but if you leave it on, it will turn on and off along with rest of lights. I tie-wrap the switch under handle bar as I didn't see the need to turn off fog lights.
    2. It will come with harness that you need to swap out.
    3. They are different with different bulbs. Brp is the only option if you want the fogs in their normal place. There are led that mounts to a-arm or side of the bumper.
    2. swap out harness? meaning i need to order a factory one from my dealer? u know the part number? 3. there r companies out there that "say" and "show" lights in the factory spot. Thank you guys for your helping my knowledge grow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by emoney230 View Post
    2. swap out harness? meaning i need to order a factory one from my dealer? u know the part number? 3. there r companies out there that "say" and "show" lights in the factory spot. Thank you guys for your helping my knowledge grow
    Harness will come with Brp fogs.
    Yes you can stick a light in the hole of stock air inlet but it just didn't look right with led housing sticking out like sore thumb and yes I tried led in the hole.
    Now that my led housings are hidden behind the spyder pops grill, they look much better but not like Brp fogs with hid.
    6 states down 42 states to go