Spyder Garage

Default High Altitude Member Patch

On my way back from SpyderFest, I will be stoping in Denver and i'm going to accomplish the task by going to 6 passes over 10,000 feet in one day (May 1). The minimum requirement to get this patch is 5 passes in a calendar year, but I don't live close enough to CO to make several trips.

Weather depending, would anyone like to join me on this?

Information can be found at - www.ccriders.org/ham
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Default 6 Passes

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    On my way back from SpyderFest, I will be stoping in Denver and i'm going to accomplish the task by going to 6 passes over 10,000 feet in one day (May 1). The minimum requirement to get this patch is 5 passes in a calendar year, but I don't live close enough to CO to make several trips.

I have 4 days to spare after Spyderfest. I was looking for something fun to do. Maybe 6 Passes would be fun. I'll give it some thought.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

This would be interesting, but I live to far away now. Trail ridge is "interesting road". I lived in Aurora for three years while in the USAF. Lots of great riding around there.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Looks like something to do when I am in Durango this summer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
    Looks like something to do when I am in Durango this summer.
    Due to a change of jobs, I won't be able to go to the Owner's Event. That and visiting friends is why I'm going to be in Colorado on the return trip. I do plan on staying in durango the night of the 2nd though after taking on the Million Dollar Hwy. :-)

Spyder Garage

Lived in CO for 8 years and drove Trail Ridge Rd many times, with a pontoon boat behind me.
    A couple things to know: in summer it's busy, it may be closed for weather- even in summer, great pulloffs for photos and nature viewing. Agree it's "interesting" Sounds like fun on the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    I'm going to try for a HAM patch too. Since I need to get home quickly after the event I'm going to do it the easy way and ryde up Pikes Peak on my way home. This time should be a lot easier than when I did it in 89 on a HD with one less wheel and a lot more gravel.
    With it being April, there's a good possibility that Pikes Peak could still be closed. That's why I chose these 6 passes, where 5 of them are between 10 and 11K. Better chance of the roads being clear.

If anyone is truly interested in ryding with me on this route, I will be staying in Denver between the 30th and the 2nd on the way back from SpyderFest.

Oh, and running the route on the 1st of May. Send me a message on here or a PM.

Spyder Garage

Does Pikes Peak count since it isn't a pass?? Our club here in Denver does this every year and it is a lot of fun.

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

2 weeks left till i'm there, anyone want to join me on this ride?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    Does Pikes Peak count since it isn't a pass?? Our club here in Denver does this every year and it is a lot of fun.

Willy
    Yes, any mountain over 14000 feet qualifies. but Pikes Peak and one other are special. Think it's Mt Evans if I remember right.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am the tour quide here at work and I have ridden these passes on my Honda and am trying to organise the same on the Spyder - Kenosha Pass, 10001; Hoosier Pass, 11541; Freemount Pass, 11318; Tennessee Pass, 10424; Vail Pass, 10666; and Lovland Pass, 11018. I also added in Red Hill, 9993; Battle Mountain, 9200; and Swan Mountain Rd, 9605. It's a long day with lots to see. Hope this will give you some ideas. jtpollock. keep the rubber side down.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-20-2021 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    I am the tour quide here at work and I have ridden these passes on my Honda and am trying to organise the same on the Spyder - Kenosha Pass, 10001; Hoosier Pass, 11541; Freemount Pass, 11318; Tennessee Pass, 10424; Vail Pass, 10666; and Lovland Pass, 11018. I also added in Red Hill, 9993; Battle Mountain, 9200; and Swan Mountain Rd, 9605. It's a long day with lots to see. Hope this will give you some ideas. jtpollock. keep the rubber side down.
    A rider can easily cover Kenosha, Hoosier, Loveland, Vail, Tennesee, and/or Freemont Passes on a nice day ride!

JT - have you been to the Colorado Spyder Ryders Meet-Up Site?
    We are going to meet in Colo Sprgs on Apr 6th... 11:15 at Top That Pizza.

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders/
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-20-2021 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GnA View Post
    A rider can easily cover Kenosha, Hoosier, Loveland, Vail, Tennesee, and/or Freemont Passes on a nice day ride!

JT - have you been to the Colorado Spyder Ryders Meet-Up Site?
    We are going to meet in Colo Sprgs on Apr 6th... 11:15 at Top That Pizza.

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Spyder-Ryders/

Thanks for the invite ya missed some of the passes and high mountains I had listed - we also added Torques lake. I have done all on my Honda but not on the Spyder, as far as April 6th maybe but have you ever been to Fargo's we have been going there since they opened. Not sure the location of Top that Pizza. JTpollock I like these things
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-20-2021 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just to add for the visitors. Pikes Peak & Trail Ridge Rd would likely be CLOSED until Memorial Day weekend. (Same with Independence Pass)

If you're going from Denver to Durango you can definitely get in your six 10,000+ footers and then some.

Loveland, Vail, Tennessee, Monarch, Slumgullion, Spring Creek, and Wolf Creek. (7)
    or
    Loveland, Hoosier or Freemont, Monarch, Slumgullion, Spring Creek and Wolf Creek (6)

OR here's another six pack in one day:
    Loveland, Hoosier, Monarch, Red Mtn, Molas & Coal Bank. (6)
    Last edited by asp125; 03-27-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

thanks to all. sorry I haven't followed up. I ran the route as stated last April and received their 10 passes over 10K feet patch in January. (he mails all patches at the end of the riding season). I ended up doing their 6 pack route plus Berthoud in one day, and the next ran the Million Dollar Hwy the next adding Red Mountain, Molas and Coal Bank to make 10. luckily I had my GoPro running cause there is no Pass sign for Red Mountain, that I saw. it was just the county line signs at the pass. All in all it was an awesome ryde, just wish someone could have joined me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm leaving for Salt Lake on Sunday, but would love to meet up with other Spyder Ryders in Southern Colorado. Will try to make the meet on the 6th.

Spyder Garage

Thanks joet82! I've heard about this pass ride, but didn't know how to find out more information.
    araknd

Spyder Garage

So I was looking for something else and ran across this old post on the passes over 10,000 patch. When i went to the website listed I relieved a does not exist notice. Anybody familiar with this club in Colorado and know how to contact them? CCRiders

Never mind I found them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I did the Mt. Evans last year after the owner's event in Durango. Pike's Peak was out due to the annual race that weekend. So, I got the 14er patch.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I did the Mt. Evans last year after the owner's event in Durango. Pike's Peak was out due to the annual race that weekend. So, I got the 14er patch.
    The mile high club patch is much more desirable and a lot more fun!

Born and raised in Colorado.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    The mile high club patch is much more desirable and a lot more fun!

Born and raised in Colorado.

Jack
    And where does one go to get the information on that patch?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

MY wife and I are deep into plans already into a trip that will let us be riding for three week in Co. Coming from Virginia. Our passed 4 years has taken us as far as San Diego and than heading to north to MT. and Black hills area. we have passed thru CO each and every time going east west or west east or south north. But we wanted to say in CO this tip and three weeks are planned.
    I had many these PASSES listed as to our travel plans but this time I tried listing just the named passes and the trip makes a good map in its own. We plan to leave May 14 2022, on our two spyders 2012 RTL 2019 F3L pulling trailer. Or I might drop the 2012 for my Moto Guzzi California, not as wind protected but a joy to ride. Any how hope to see plenty of other riders
    Jerry and Donna

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Just to add for the visitors. Pikes Peak & Trail Ridge Rd would likely be CLOSED until Memorial Day weekend. (Same with Independence Pass)

If you're going from Denver to Durango you can definitely get in your six 10,000+ footers and then some.

Loveland, Vail, Tennessee, Monarch, Slumgullion, Spring Creek, and Wolf Creek. (7)
    or
    Loveland, Hoosier or Freemont, Monarch, Slumgullion, Spring Creek and Wolf Creek (6)

OR here's another six pack in one day:
    Loveland, Hoosier, Monarch, Red Mtn, Molas & Coal Bank. (6)
    2012 , java

Spyder Garage

Just a FYI. This post originated in 2012. There have been updates in 13, 14, and 15.

I still recognize a few names or current people.

A good way to get high though. Ride our favorite bike in high places. Sorta like John Denver's Rocky Mountain High song.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

May at 10,000 in CO can go either way weather wise, actually any month but July, Aug pretty dependable. Saw Vail Pass close for half a day around July 4th due to snow one year. Last year I detoured south of Wolf Creek pass in late June due to snow forecast above 8,000 ft. Snow in summer is usually brief though. All the passes are beautiful and worth it. Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans require passes beforehand now.