Thread: NE TN info

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default NE TN info

SWMBO and I are trying to plan a long weekend in NE TN, 15-18 Mar. How far south of the Tri-City area does one need to look for lodging that ISN'T impacted by "race week".

zrc

Let me check with a friend of mine up in that area and see what I can find out. Might take a day or too.

Spyder Garage

If you're trying to avoid a Bristol NASCAR race weekend...I have seen people staying as far south down to Greeneville....But the "MASSES" are typically within 1 or 2 exits from the race track...Shouldn't be to bad 20 miles away from the track...Other than the "local" traffic....Worst part is morning of the race an immediately following the race!! Then traffic is NUTS!

If it's a night race the morning after is just as bad as just after the race!!!
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We were looking at a B&B in Jonesborough but his rates nearly doubled cuz "its race week" :gah:. And thanks, have a week or so to plan.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    We were looking at a B&B in Jonesborough but his rates nearly doubled cuz "its race week" :gah:. And thanks, have a week or so to plan.
    The Bristol race is August 25. So the first week of Sept. is not race week in Jonesborough. There are plenty of hotels in Johnson City where I live. It is one hour ryde to Lamonts place from Johnson City.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    The Bristol race is August 25. So the first week of Sept. is not race week in Jonesborough. There are plenty of hotels in Johnson City where I live. It is one hour ryde to Lamonts place from Johnson City.
    Sorry I didn't read the dates. I was thinking about the BBQ in Sept. back to the original question. Asheville, NC may be far away enough, lodging gets tight around race week in this area for sure.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

http://www.lakeshore-resort.com/lodging.htm

Keith:

Penny and I stayed in this place last year on one of our trips. They have cabins that are reasonable and a private place to park bikes right on the lakeshore. It is just past Elizabethton on Highway 67.

Make sure you look over the cabin first as some of the bathrooms are pretty tiny.

They also have a good restaurant at the Marina called the Captain's Table.

Rick
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    http://www.lakeshore-resort.com/lodging.htm

Keith:

Penny and I stayed in this place last year on one of our trips. They have cabins that are reasonable and a private place to park bikes right on the lakeshore. It is just past Elizabethton on Highway 67.

Make sure you look over the cabin first as some of the bathrooms are pretty tiny.

They also have a good restaurant at the Marina called the Captain's Table.

Rick
    Tks Rick, I may just give them a call. At the very least, will save for future.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Race week end

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    SWMBO and I are trying to plan a long weekend in NE TN, 15-18 Mar. How far south of the Tri-City area does one need to look for lodging that ISN'T impacted by "race week".
    I live in the tri-cities, and they have motels in use all the way back to knoxville in most races, but things are slow ,so you may get as close as Peigon Forge. Hope thing work out for your trip.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Actually, they have worked out. I called the B&B and told him we would take the room at the 'race week' rate but that we were just coming up to visit the area. Bottom line, since we are not going to the races and just looking over the area to retire to, the gentleman is only charging us his normal rate. How cool is that?