Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Her own crew isn't even safe.... lol

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    To change the topic a little, why won't Nascar run in the rain ???? It can't be more dangerous than this...........

They have run rain tires on road courses, not sure why they don't use them on round tracks.
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Whike I admittedly don't follow this sport, I gotta agree with arntufun...... she's horrible and wouldn't be allowed on the track if she were a dude.

This one she didn't cause, but her over-reation made it a whole lot worse:

http://www.businessinsider.com/danic...daytona-2012-2

And why did they even bother putting her back into the race after working on the car for an hour+ ??

And this crash - no excuse for this one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ain-at-daytona

But hey... she does have a distinct disadvantage --- she has to keep checking her makeup in the rear-view mirror... probably what caused the above crash....

I also find the whole 'godaddy' advertising scheme to be cheesy and degrading... hence why I don't use them when I go to register domain names.
    The First Video the announcers are Praising her for getting out of danger after a Male lost ,control in front of her.
    The Second video she was bumped in the rear end in a corner-A Noo Noo the announcer said?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    If Montoya can do it, she can do it...

MONTOYA DID THE BEST BURNOUT
    Last edited by roydog20; 02-28-2012 at 06:08 PM.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    The First Video the announcers are Praising her for getting out of danger after a Male lost ,control in front of her.
    The Second video she was bumped in the rear end in a corner-A Noo Noo the announcer said?

I hope that you realize the announcers work for Nascar. Three wrecks in three races is no coincidence.
    Look at what you have done. I said I wasn't going to waste my time on this horrible publicity stunt.

Spyder Garage

I hope that you realize the announcers work for Nascar. Three wrecks in three races is no coincidence.
    Look at what you have done. I said I wasn't going to waste my time on this horrible publicity stunt.
    I Toooo Hope The "Others"" Learn how to drive? so she has a chance to perform!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

YouTube as a whole age dedicated to her many crashes. I remember her causing a big crash at Indy too- team Andretti was really pissed at her. She gunned it on wet pavement and spun out...and they knew she was gonna do it- hence why Andretti didn't want the race restarted since it was wet. She's horrible on the track, just hope he doesn't kill someone.

Rickey bobby is the man

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm no fan of hers...
    But take a look at how the other racers got started
    Just give her a chance to see what she can develop into and it might surprise all of us!

JPM's comment: "I've hit a lot of things on track, but a SWEEPER??"

"Checking her makeup in the mirror..."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

NASCAR'S latest is she was texting.....hmmmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Danica, Danica, Danica

While sitting around " smoking some good stuff", I realized what she is really good at. She's really good a getting people to talk about her. I think it's hilarious that so many have such definite opinions about her. Right now she is second in sales of her NASCAR gear. And you wonder why NASCAR wanted her so bad. They needed her to help rescue a sinking ship.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

We got well over 100 posts in this NASCAR thread and at least 75% of them reference Danica one way or another!

Can she drive? But she's already done as much for NASCAR as the Donnie/Cale fight in Daytona 'back in the day'!

Looks like she's a big success already!!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Lets see what happens and bring this up again a little further into the season.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

arntufun

Good job Fox news guy. Tell it like it is. This was on Yahoo this morning. I just had to post it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious; what's your beef against this driver?? She's got opinions? She wrecks cars..(Well so far I'll give you that one!) You don't like attractive women? Well I know that ain't true because Holly is in your corner!
    I've kind of about halfway noted what she's been doing over the last decade, and she sure seems to be serious about her racing... (Except for the Go Daddy crap anyway!) She'd rather talk about racing than her appearance it seems... Now if Richard Petty dismissed a question about his looks; do you think that he'd get the same amount of grief over it?
    Now if she looked like Phyllis Diller and wanted to go racing; the issue would have never come up!

Spyder Garage

Good job Fox news guy. Tell it like it is. This was on Yahoo this morning. I just had to post it.

Yeah-- cracked me up----- he got suspended without pay for 1 week for that statement..... geesh....

But I gotta agree--- do a bunch of stupid obviously 'sexy' commercials and then complain about being labeled sexy? duh.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm curious; what's your beef against this driver?? She's got opinions? She wrecks cars..(Well so far I'll give you that one!) You don't like attractive women? Well I know that ain't true because Holly is in your corner!
    I've kind of about halfway noted what she's been doing over the last decade, and she sure seems to be serious about her racing... (Except for the Go Daddy crap anyway!) She'd rather talk about racing than her appearance it seems... Now if Richard Petty dismissed a question about his looks; do you think that he'd get the same amount of grief over it?
    Now if she looked like Phyllis Diller and wanted to go racing; the issue would have never come up!
    I think you just made his point for him........which is that if she was not good looking.... she wouldn't be any big deal and probably not even racing at the level she is at.... they would have given her the boot long ago.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A valid point for sure! BUT... if she did get to this level of her sport without her looks being an issue; wouldn't that be preferable?

Spyder Garage

A valid point for sure! BUT... if she did get to this level of her sport without her looks being an issue; wouldn't that be preferable?
    Agree Bob -- what is the problem with Danica -- she is very serious about her racing. If you review the wrecks she has been involved in - most are not her fault - just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I would like to see all her bad mouthers take a hit like she took on Saturday and get back into a car and race again.
    She got caught up in a wreck on Monday that essentially ended her night - she got back out there and was able to drive the remainder of the race and if you noted she did a good job. She learned a lot.
    I think she is good for NASCAR - bringing another group that hopefully will become race fans.
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    ----- he got suspended without pay for 1 week for that statement..... ...

THAT kind of statement, by the newscaster, is really lacking in class, more than anything Danica has ever said or done.
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Newscasters should report the news and leave their personal feelings in their pockets...

arntufun

A word to decribe her,,,,,,,,,, It's starts with a B and it's not beautiful !!! I don't care who you are, that funny right there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please take a moment and give this a thought...
    Would it be funny if a "newscaster" said that about Holly?
    To insult somebody in a very public forum like television just seems... mean!

Spyder Garage

Ah, but there is the rub. First off, dude didn't really say it - he may have used interesting wording to convey his opinion - which last I checked he has a right to do, be it public forum or not - and second, she is a walking, posing contradiction! You can't sprawl 3/4 of the way naked all over a chopper or a custom pickup, and then expect to be taken seriously as a race driver. You can't have it both ways. Either be a swimsuit model or be a race car driver. CHOOSE! I think she can be a decent driver if she just chose to focus her energy there. Time will tell - she sure didn't make it in Indy Car.

And apparently she is not a pleasant person to be around in the paddock area either, especially when things are not going her way. I have heard this from many fans that have crossed paths with her. Either way, it was stupid to suspend the news caster for what he said. But whatever, I could care less.

Now, all that aside, that was one of the strangest 500s I have seen - maybe ever. It was good that no one got seriously hurt in that bizzare incident with Juan and the track dryer. But, congrats to the 17. I had a feeling he was the guy to beat. Was nice to see the 88 have a good race as well. So off to PHI we go. Really I'm just killing timie until Qatar - and we have round one of WSB in the books, which was great to see. Now THAT is racing my friends!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

arntufun

Please take a moment and give this a thought...
    Would it be funny if a "newscaster" said that about Holly?
    To insult somebody in a very public forum like television just seems... mean!

I understand what you are saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but it was true. Have you ever heard her speak to people like her poop don't stink and nothing is ever her fault ??? I do get what your saying though.

How did Danica get brought back up anyway ??? I got lured into this discussion again.