Spyder Garage

Default FLOORBOARD CHOICES

I have been trying to find the right boards for my 2012 RT Limited. I have searched and read replies but still haven't obtained much information. How many have floorboards, what brand and the reason you really like them? Thanks
    'Bikeless'

Spyder Garage

I just ordered from Seal Floorboard, the RT SE5 DLX. He said they were suppose to ship out early this week, but have no shipping info yet. Anyway, we apparently do not live far from each other and when I get them installed you can gladly see mine. I will let you know when I get them installed.

arntufun

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GLHRN View Post
    I just ordered from Seal Floorboard, the RT SE5 DLX. He said they were suppose to ship out early this week, but have no shipping info yet. Anyway, we apparently do not live far from each other and when I get them installed you can gladly see mine. I will let you know when I get them installed.
    That would be awesome... I almost ordered today those today, now I will wait and check yours out so I will know for sure. Thanks
    'Bikeless'

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting OEM boards?

I'd like see a rider board that matched the OEM passenger boards. I've thought that you could create a mount that used the existing rider peg holes and mounted the OEM boards. Like the OEM look. What do you think Lamonster, next project since your ready to ship the NBVs?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzman View Post
    I have been trying to find the right boards for my 2012 RT Limited. I have searched and read replies but still haven't obtained much information. How many have floorboards, what brand and the reason you really like them? Thanks

I'm with you on this. i can't seem to make the leap into anything i have seen yet. Some install easier than others, some look better than others.etc.... Its my last comfort piece
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards

I just bought these and are going to put them on this morning. I will take a picture and let you know how I like them later today.

http://www.spyderrt.info/web_images/..._right_rev.jpg
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Default If you are going and can hold out

You can see all of them at spyderfest. Earlier I recommended the VTC floorboards but I just got the painting estimate back on them and nearly The painting kind of resembles the purchase price but I am having 10 parts painted
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards

After months of research I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Sealfloor boards (RT SE DLX). Received them about a week later, took them out of the box and instantly I was impressed. These are well made and can't wait to install them. Others who also have installed them will tell you the same. These are plenty wide, 9 in. at their widest point (this is at the point where they are mounted on the driver's foot peg) and they are 7 in wide at the point where they are mounted under the passenger's peg. So, there's plenty of room to move your feet around to find that comfort level, unlike the stock peg. These will not disappoint. Hope this helps.

Ralph
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take a look at the offerings from ISCI... I do believe that they have a matching passenger board as well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards

I made my own floorboards for my Blue 2010 RT. They are made out of 1/8 inch of Diamond plate Aluminum, 8inches width and 24 inches length than a cut out for the brake and gear shift, trimed out with chrome trim on the edges . I will be at Spyderfest in April than one can check out my floorboards.

Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
    2011-02-262012 Feb 112.jpg
    2011-02-262012 Feb 111.jpg

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards

Here are the ones I just put on a little while ago and the cup holder that I got from the same place. That cup holder is not as close as it looks.

Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Who makes those grandpa?
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default I got them here

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Who makes those grandpa?
    http://www.spyderrt.info/1_2_Products.html And I might add that they were very reasonable in price too
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S

Life is Good

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Inspector's stuff is all pretty darn great!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The Inspector's stuff is all pretty darn great!
    Inspector is awesome and it doesnt break the bank!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Spyder View Post
    http://www.spyderrt.info/1_2_Products.html And I might add that they were very reasonable in price too

great price, what are they made of?
    Bob, i think the ones you have are the nicest looking ones I've seen, i'm just not ready to pony up 800. for both sets.....80-90.00 aint bad just to get by for now with gadgets set, plus they match the rest of the bike.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ornerydog7 View Post
    After months of research I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Sealfloor boards (RT SE DLX). Received them about a week later, took them out of the box and instantly I was impressed. These are well made and can't wait to install them. Others who also have installed them will tell you the same. These are plenty wide, 9 in. at their widest point (this is at the point where they are mounted on the driver's foot peg) and they are 7 in wide at the point where they are mounted under the passenger's peg. So, there's plenty of room to move your feet around to find that comfort level, unlike the stock peg. These will not disappoint. Hope this helps.

Ralph
    Your right Dog,

They are big, 30+". They allow great leg and foot movement and are intended to function as both FloorBoards and Hwy. Pegs. You don't have to spread as wide as with reg. hwy. pegs which is a greaat help to us with hip problems Enjoy them and......

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

Default Hey! I'm Famous! That's my Spyder :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Spyder View Post
    I just bought these and are going to put them on this morning. I will take a picture and let you know how I like them later today.

http://www.spyderrt.info/web_images/..._right_rev.jpg

Those are the floorboards fabricated by "InspectorGadget," that he was selling at the Spyder Owners Event last year in Maggie Valley. The link Grandpa Spyder is showing is to InspectorGadget's products site. I may not be the only one who did it, but that nice chrom-ish trim was my idea ... made out of door edging I bought at AutoZone. The pic on his site ... I'm pretty sure is the one I sent him showing him what I'd done. It's now 9 months later and the trim has held very well. Ah! I see InspectorGadget has made the trim an option ... heh-heh. Good on 'im. One does have to use some of that pre-mount for mirrors and such to get the electro-paint off the edges. They look good on yours too, Grandpa.
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 02-17-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Registered Users InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Credit

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    Those are the floorboards fabricated by "InspectorGadget," that he was selling at the Spyder Owners Event last year in Maggie Valley. The link Grandpa Spyder is showing is to InspectorGadget's products site. I may not be the only one who did it, but that nice chrom-ish trim was my idea ... made out of door edging I bought at AutoZone. The pic on his site ... I'm pretty sure is the one I sent him showing him what I'd done. It's now 9 months later and the trim has held very well. Ah! I see InspectorGadget has made the trim an option ... heh-heh. Good on 'im. One does have to use some of that pre-mount for mirrors and such to get the electro-paint off the edges. They look good on yours too, Grandpa.
    Hey Paul,
    if you look at the old site you will see that I gave you credit for the chrome trim, but apperantly I did not transfer that same information to the new site-----sorry..
    I do appreciate it. Are you going to make it to Spyderfest?
    Thanks again C-YA RL
    Last edited by InspectorGadget; 02-17-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black