Spyder Garage

Default Looking for trailer advice...

First... Thank you, in advance!

I'm looking at a Worthington WT-610-13, tilt-bed, aluminum trailer.

6' x 10', single axle, weighs 370#, 175/80D 13-C tires, GVWR 2200#
    Price is $1600. For $400 more I can go "HD" with 14" tires and 2990# GVWR, but I don't think I really need that.

Some features include: 2" coupler, stake pockets, rubber torsion axle, EZ lube hubs, Marine grade treated plywood deck, LED lighting, 5 year warranty.

I think the tilt-bed will be easier to use, especially with the low clearance of the Spyder with the cat shield and potential problems negotiating the top of a ramped model.

I'm looking for comments, suggestions, etc. And again, Thank You!
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

There is no information given on their Website regarding the actual bed dimensions. A 6'x10' trailer can be measured in a variety of ways, and can have less than a 6'x10' bed. With the side rails, that could be a concern. Make sure you have more than the RT's 62" width, plus adequate clearance for loading. Also make sure that you will have enough clear length to tie the Spyder down through the wheels, as specified in your manual. Chocks can allow you to fasten the Spyder down in a shorter distance, be sure you can add them in the appropriate places without frame or wiring interference. Trailers are like shoes. Everybody seems to like a little different style, but the important thing is to get one that fits!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!