Thread: Grip Heaters

Spyder Garage

Default Grip Heaters

has anyone tried symtech grip heaters with foam grips?i love these grips and would hate to give them up
    Last edited by coz; 02-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Not with foam grips but I put a set on an '06 V Max and a set on my '09 Spyder, both with stock grips....the heaters on the V Max seemed considerably warmer than the Spyder ones, in fact the high setting was often too warm. I'm thinking the foam grips would make them even less effective on a Spyder.
    They're a nice heater tho and easy to install. I'm think some guards to block the wind would be a nice compliment to them.
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    has anyone tried symtech grip heaters with foam grips?i love these grips and would hate to give them up

Coz, I've used the symtecs under the factory grip as wall as over the factory grips with foam covers. I must say I prefer the second method of under the foam grip covers. I believe the elements just work better this way since you don't waist most of the heat trying to keep the metal bars warm. They did work under the factory grips but not like I wanted them to. I've been using the "under the foam method" for a couple of years on my Royal Star without any problems.