View Poll Results: Is the Spyder your FIRST Motorcycle type vehicle?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my Spyder is the First motorcycle I've ever owned

53 31.36%
  • No, I've owned other motocycles before getting the Spyder

116 68.64%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Did You or Didn't You?

I am curious as to how many Spyder riders have never owned a motorcycle before, or, to put it another way, for how many of us is the Spyder our first motorcycle type vehicle?

I know the Spyder is not a motorcycle but I hope you get the point.

Your answer will remain anonymous. No one will know what you answered.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 02-11-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

When I get a Spyder (next 2-3 months) it will be my first motor-propelled-open-cockpit-doorless vehicle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by staysafeonline View Post
    When I get a Spyder (next 2-3 months) it will be my first motor-propelled-open-cockpit-doorless vehicle.
    I would say you definitely have the concept of this poll nailed down. In the next 2 or 3 months you're going to begin having the time of your life. The down side is, you'll be missing out on some great rides!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Spyder is my 1st. I'm sceered of motorcycles
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

'I own 4 other bikes, i didn't want that many but

Spyder Garage

Default Did you or didn't you?

This will be hard to believe but it is the truth! I got my 2011 RTS SE5 in July. I have never driven a motorcycle, snow mobile, atv or jet ski! And I never test rode a Spyder! I did some research and bought one. I absolutely love it. Friends tell me it was a mid-life crisis...

Spyder Garage

I've only driven a motorcycle a few times, I've owned many ATC's, from a 110 punched out to 179cc with an aftermarket cylinder with a Honda 750 piston and big valve ported head to a full race 250R then a 350X with a six speed box, wished I still had any of them. I've never ridden a quad, a snowmobile or jetski, guess I'm just drawn to 3 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Default Did you or didn't you?

Spyder RT-S SE5 is the 1st for me - never having ridden a 2 wheel motorcycle. Was never good on a bicycle - parents were on a 1st name basis with the ER doc's when I was growing up!!! Figured the Spyder was a good way to get training wheels! Hubby (Tobor 9) bought it for me Mar 21 of last year and I learned to ride it around the block. Took it to the owners event in Maggie Valley in June. Hubby had to come get me and he rode it home. He bought his RS July 2nd. Also his 1st motorcycle type vehicle.
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

Started riding at about age 7 on Honda 50. In highschool KZ440 LTD. In military V45 Interceptor. After military Katana 600 then HD Dynaglide Low Rider before Spyder RS. My daughter is now 16 going on 17 and has her motorcycle endorsement for her scooter. She is eying my Spyder but will never happen.

Spyder Garage

Started out on a French Velosolex moped when I was ten. Then for forty years, there were Hondas, Kawas, Bultacos, Yamis, KTMs, Zukis, BMrs, both street and off-roaders. A few ATVs along the way also. Never had use for a snowmobile in the Tropics though
    I absolutely LOVE my Spyder though I need to confess, I'm itching also for a regular bike

Spyder Garage

Traded my Piaggio MP500 in on a 2009 RS then sold it when I got the 2011 RTS .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I plead the Fifth!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I plead the Fifth!
    Too late!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

I not only plead the fifth, but I might drink one too
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Did you or didn't you

The Spyder was the first motorcycle that we purchased.
    Reese
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VIRGIN RIDER

MRFATS HAS TITANIUM B*LLS...FOR SURE......MIKE...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I would say you definitely have the concept of this poll nailed down. In the next 2 or 3 months you're going to begin having the time of your life. The down side is, you'll be missing out on some great rides!
    If things work out the way I want them too - my first ride will be on one of those great rides!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder is #2. First one was 40 years ago, Kawasaki 175 dirt bike. Only been on the 6 months but put on 2,000 miles.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Midlife Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by mrfats View Post
    This will be hard to believe but it is the truth! I got my 2011 RTS SE5 in July. I have never driven a motorcycle, snow mobile, atv or jet ski! And I never test rode a Spyder! I did some research and bought one. I absolutely love it. Friends tell me it was a mid-life crisis...
    Bought a 2009 GS for my 50th birthday (I cheated since I bought it 4 months prior to my Bday)
    Shopped around a bit in during the fall the season, went to Motorcycle show in February and bought it right then and there. Never test driven it before. I'm not a spur of the moment type of guy but the deal I got ,I just couldn't resist.The MRS. , oh well , she wasn't very happy!! Doing aprox.14,000 km each season , great rides and made many new friends. It's the craziest thing I ever did and looking back I should do these crazy things more often.Come to think of it ,on my Spyder I'm planning a trip from Montreal to California this summer via the Durango event.

Spyder Garage

My first 2-wheeled machine was a Honda Helix scooter. I had never been on a scooter or motorcycle before I bought it!! Never test drove it, just bought it!!

Wanted a little more "get up and go", so I bought a Honda Shadow Spirit 750. Never test drove it, got on it and stalled it out quite a bit before getting it home!!!

Started feeling very uneasy on it last year, and I had wanted a Spyder since they came out. I had sort of an epiphany when my grandma passed away in June.... Life is too short not to have some of the things you really want, so I went out and bought one!!!! Never test drove it (but I did sit on an RT in the showroom, and an RS in the shop), but I gots me one anyway!!!!

Notice my pattern here?? I decide what vehicle I AM going to get, sit on it (or in if it has doors) and buy the darned thing!!! Test drives are for the undecided---and that ain't me!!!!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Traded my Piaggio MP500 in on a 2009 RS then sold it when I got the 2011 RTS .

Fraser that is so funny. We traded a Piaggio MP250 for ours !!! The best deal I have ever made. As soon as I drove the Spyder that was the last time I ever drove my Crotch Rocket I had. I sold it months later.

Spyder Garage

Default Did You or Didn't You

Rode a few bikes in my earlier years, some atv, some seadoos, but the Spyder is the first that I have owned. Did some research on the Spyder, came home from work one day in August and a 2011 RT LTD was parked in the garage. Happy Anniversary to us !!!! My wife is the best!!!
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

Who told you that a Spyder is not a motorcycle? If you have to have a motorcycle lisence to ride it and you have your knees in the breeze then I consider it part of the bike world. Just my opinion. Bad knee took me off the two wheel and I liked the difference of the spyder compared to a traditional trike.
    Ray
    "Instead of arriving in Heaven in a nice well perserved body I'd rather slide in feet first, all beat up, loudly proclaiming thank you Jesus for a great ride!"

chickridin

Bought my first motorcycle in 2010, a Honda Shadow, but never got it on the road. Bought my 09 RS-SE5 Spyder in summer of 2011........love it to death!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I am curious as to how many Spyder riders have never owned a motorcycle before, or, to put it another way, for how many of us is the Spyder our first motorcycle type vehicle?

I know the Spyder is not a motorcycle but I hope you get the point.

Your answer will remain anonymous. No one will know what you answered.
    Ron,
    This is what my older brother said to me on my birthday. That I started on a tricycle, went to a bicycle, then to motorcycle, and back to a tricycle. It's the cycle of life.

Mike