Spyder Garage

Default Looking for best waterproof iPhone 4 or iPad 2 rugged case & secure mount for RSS

I have searched through a lot of the threads but don't see the best solution out there. Debating on mounting my iPhone4 or iPad2 to my Spyder RSS for when taking longer trips. I want something that is a secure mount and not just a clip in type holster. I also want to make sure it is waterproof solution. I found a couple options for the iPhone from the UK.....but what is everyone else using like this?
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I use this case; http://www.lifeproof.com/

Secured by this holder; http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0014S...8979296&sr=8-1

Fastened to this mount which utilizes two of the handlebar bolts; http://www.techmounts.com/products/i...product_id=192

Fits like a glove, it all bolts together. No drilling or cutting. The four holes in the back of the phone holder line up perfectly with the mount holes. Some small pan screws and nylock nuts and all is good to go.

100% waterproof. Less bulky than my old Otterbox defender. I love this setup.

Many thousands of miles. No probs other than my voice is muffled a bit on regular phone calls. Just got used to holding the mic closer to my big mouth.

Edit: forgot to mention for iPhone 4. Not iPad.

Spyder Garage

I also use the "Lifeproof" case on my 4s and use the Ram X-Gripe on my RS,works great,easy to put on and off without taking off the case. The x-gripe is good as you can use it for any phone or GPS since its adjustable . I think life proof is making a case for the iPad 2(don't think its avil. yet)
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

I also use and swear by the Lifeproof case and their customer service is GREAT. They r creating case for IPad
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5