Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default In Praise of a Dealership

I'm somewhat tardy on doing this but wanted to describe excellent customer service by a Can Am dealer that my wife and I experienced while of a trip. Late last fall we rode our 2010 RT from our home in southern Idaho to the Seattle area. During the leg to Seattle the Spyder increasingly developed abnormal starting, frequently not idling properly after startup and then not reving above about 3K RPM. I had previously experienced this problem and had thought it had been taken care of by my local dealer. This problem became more and more frequent until I became concerned we might not make it home and decided to take it to a dealer.

It was a Monday and some dealers in the Seattle area were closed. However, Clem's Enumclaw Power Sports was near our intended route home and was open. We arrived at Clem's without prior contact or appointment in the late morning. Jeff, who appeared to be the service manager and posts on these forums as SpyderJeff, and their Spyder tecnician, Randy, immediately got on our problem. The code reader showed 40 occurrences of a code related to the throttle body (sorry, I don't know the code number) and the throttle body needed replacement. Clem's had a throttle body available and Randy removed the Spyder he was working on from the lift, put ours on, and went to work. Within about 4 hours the repair was completed and we were on our way home, the Spyder now running perfectly. Randy is the most knowledgable Spyder technician I have encountered to this date.

This expedited handling of a problem travelers were having was enormously appreciated by my wife and I. Not every dealer does this - some do and others take the attitude "you'll have to get inline. We can get to you next week," or similar. Obviously this latter approach can be devastating for a traveler and result in the total ruin of a trip.

Thus, I have the highest praise for Clem's Enumclaw Power Sports and can recommend them highly. Thanks so much to Jeff and Randy for salvaging our trip

Mike
    Idaho
    www.rtwrider.net

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

That is awesome that Jeff and Clem's Enumclaw Power Sports took such good care of you.
    Great to hear of dealers like this and very helpful post for folks who are in that area.

Way to go Jeff!

And very cool, liketoride for posting this. Great to hear these types of experiences!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great to hear of dealers who know customer service.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Always good to hear about dealers who go above and beyond to help a traveler. Please also note that Clem's Enumclaw Power Sports is a Spyderlovers.com sponsor with a banner ad on the home page. So it's not surprising that they are good guys.

Cotton

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Liketoride2, If you're ever in the Midwest (as in MO. area) here's another one you can put in your phone as reliable and helpful. Cowtown in Cuba, MO. They are on the main page of this forum as well,

http://www.cowtownusainc.com/

I drive two hours to have them do any service that I need and I have two other dealers that are an hour closer to my home. Today, for instance, it was rainy, snowy and sleeting and I drove down to have my hitch, module and new RT-622 trailer added and an oil change. If you are attending SpyderFest 2012 you'll meet the gang from Cowtown and the rest of us MOGANGer's
    It's always good to hear about the positive experiences you had with your dealer/technician and where.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

Great dealer and great service. Thank you for posting the information.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red