Spyder Garage

Default Spyder back in NJ

My spyder has been out in Cuba for the past 10 days(mostly travel) for some work and goodies to be installed. Took it out for a ride today and all i can say is WOW. ran great and really happy with the mods installed. I had a Kontour seat installed and it felt great, but the real test will be when it gets hot out. Riding around today i didn't notice it, thats a good thing. The OEM seat had me squirming after 20 minutes. Its not pretty like the corbin(IMO), but looks nice just the same and i'm hoping for more comfort than looks. Time will tell

I had the RT Performance package installed(most of it) Air intake, exhaust, gauges(sweet), green filter. It def. runs nicer and has more power without question. Also had baja wires/plugs/amsoil installed. The 2 bros exhaust from cowtown sounds real nice, not loud at all which was a concern. This entire combination worked out nice!!

Installed jim's Belt tensioner. I only did about 20 miles today, but not once did i feel any belt vibration. NONE. Now, its only a small sample, and i didn't go over 55 but, very happy with that.

Stabil horn installed, that sucker is LOUD.... all the heat shields installed from spyderpops...

Rear elka shock for the "missus". No load today, so seemed fine to me

Doran TPMS - This turned out to be a total nightmare for Len & company...They did get it all working but wasn't fun.i will let him chime in

Once again, great work done at cowtown and it felt good to ride again today!! Thanks Len & Co.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spyder3; 02-11-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Very Very nice!

That seat looks comfy!

And I think you will like the Performance package. Mine is there right now also gettig some TLC and the Performance package is being finished.

I can't wait to get my baby back too! I still have to get my Spyderpops Bump-skid, My Green GloRyders, and TricLed Green Halo lights installed before Spyderfest!

You have a beautiful RT. Glad you enjoyed your mods so much. I may do the belt tensioner one of thes days too. Gonna have to wait until my piggy bank fattens back up though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Very Very nice!

That seat looks comfy!

And I think you will like the Performance package. Mine is there right now also gettig some TLC and the Performance package is being finished.

I can't wait to get my baby back too! I still have to get my Spyderpops Bump-skid, My Green GloRyders, and TricLed Green Halo lights installed before Spyderfest!

You have a beautiful RT. Glad you enjoyed your mods so much. I may do the belt tensioner one of thes days too. Gonna have to wait until my piggy bank fattens back up though.
    Thanks steve. I can't wait to see your finished package I "think" I'm done with "interior" mods....

Waiting for exterior ideas-)
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

I can tell you that the Kontour seat was one of the best things I have done on my RSS. I was in 100 degree weather for a long period of time and it felt like my butt was air conditioned! And the Utopia backrest they put on makes a huge difference! I rode an RT a couple of weeks ago when I was getting service done on my RSS....without the backrest my back was hurting me when I only did a 25 mile ride.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

How are you guys getting your Spyder down there ? Where can I get pricing on the performance package ?
    Me & My Babycakes

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fonz View Post
    How are you guys getting your Spyder down there ? Where can I get pricing on the performance package ?
    Spyder3 shipped his there I belive, but you can get RT Performance pricing from Len at Cowtown by calling: 1-800-258-6898.

See Ya!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fonz View Post

Hey fonz,

I had mine shipped out there in an enclosed trailer, and shipped back to NJ the same way. My shippers were out of PA and did a nice job. Safe and on time each leg.

Call Len at cowtown for pricing...They are MORe than fair price wise for everything they do. Makes it worth it to me. Plus, its done right.
    Last edited by spyder3; 02-10-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Hey fonz,

I had mine shipped out there in an enclosed trailer, and shipped back to NJ the same way. My shippers were out of PA and did a nice job. Safe and on time each leg.

Call Len at cowtown for pricing...They are MORe than fair price wise for everything they do. Makes it worth it to me. Plus, its done right.
    Thanks my man
    Me & My Babycakes

Spyder Garage

it's lookin' good...............hope to see it at Spyderfest.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    I can tell you that the Kontour seat was one of the best things I have done on my RSS. I was in 100 degree weather for a long period of time and it felt like my butt was air conditioned! And the Utopia backrest they put on makes a huge difference! I rode an RT a couple of weeks ago when I was getting service done on my RSS....without the backrest my back was hurting me when I only did a 25 mile ride.

great to hear spyder-dude, i hope i have the same experience!!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds good. Let us know how you like the Elka's on the 2011 as far as improved ride quality for your passenger -- stability, bump absorption, jostling, whatever. Most of the rave reviews I've seen compare the Elka's to the factory 2010's not the improved 2011's. I'm considering front and rear. Thanks

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Went for my second ride with all my new toys installed. I'm not sure which i like the best so far, but i feel like i'm riding a different bike.

I like riding in the cold air, i barely feel it with the liner inside my mesh jacket as the windshield blocks most of the air anyway. Air wings on the way for the hot weather for sure. If feels nice not sweating your off.

#1 Kontour seat. Love it so far, as i don't get any of the bad feelings I was getting with the OEM. Its just very comfortable and i can feel the cold air passing through. I hope that same air flows in the summer.

#2. New air intake & exhaust system. I find myself shifting at a lot higher RPM's which is where all the pros here say we should be shifting. Def. feel good there now. The 2 Bros exhaust has a nice sound and isn't as loud as my previous exhaust. Talking on the phone and listening to OEM radio was just fine. I would say a bit louder with a much deeper sound than OEM(sowing machine)

#3. I put on(all by myself) a larger brake pedal. No more kicking the tupperware, easier to find and more comfy!

#4. The belt tensioner: Well, I tried to make it vibrate and could not at any speeds or RPM's/ It just feels great!

No passenger yet for the elk a rear shock test. I tried it at all different settings, and do not notice any difference.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons