Spyder Garage

Default There's an app for that...

Hello fellow Spyder-riders. Just want to share my iPhone usage experience when it comes to riding my 2011 RS.

I have the RAM iPhone holder on the right side of my handle bar; I also ran an iPhone power cable, from the 12v power outlet in my front trunk to the phone's tray. I can listen to my music, make/receive phone calls via the Sena SMH-10 Bluetooth system installed on my helmet. It works real well

As for riding apps, I created a folder called "Riding" in my iPhone to have all the related programs together. These are the apps I have in this group:

- GPS Drive by MotionX, $2.99 @ the App Store is very user friendly, accurate, talks to you via Bluetooth and the price is very reasonable.
    - MapQuest, free @ the AS I use as a GPS backup and to find merchants and services.
    - MapMyTracks, $0.99, is incredible to make maps of the route you are traveling. It'll keep a record of all your trips, denoting speed, distance traveled, time on the road, dates, etc. You can export the data and share/follow other fellow riders. It will even calculated the calories you are burning on your comfy RT
    - Greatest Motorcycle Roads, free, is wonderful. A growing data base of users-up-loaded road/trip's info which you can share, edit, add to. I like this one a lot.
    - MyRadar, is a free weather app which cuts through all the BS and displays a CURRENT radar image of your location and the rain situation around it.
    - I'm Right Here, is a free app that will very fast and easily text message or email a map of your current position. Great to meet fellow riders or to locate you if you run into problems.
    - AroundMe, free, scans for businesses and services in your immediate position, much like MapQuest but easier and faster to use.
    - Google Earth, free, I like to use this one to visually familiarize myself with my immediate surrounding when in areas that I've never been before.

Now, once I have spent all the time needed to connect to the network, to figure out how to use the apps, to get a useful response from them and to be able to convert that response into a sensible action, I merrily continue to enjoy my ride - ROFL

Cheers.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good stuff. Thanks.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Good info. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default How to needed

Great information thank you very much. Would you please give me a detailed step-by-step how to create a folder on my iPhone. Thank you very much I am techie challenge so think about dealing with a pre-kindergartner thanks.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, just downloaded on my new iPhone most of them. Really good

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Great information thank you very much. Would you please give me a detailed step-by-step how to create a folder on my iPhone. Thank you very much I am techie challenge so think about dealing with a pre-kindergartner thanks.
    No problem murphy. To create a group just drop one of the applications on top of the other, that is, hold your finger on the app until it shakes, then drag it with you finger on top of the other app you want to create a group with. At that point a frame window will appear holding the two apps together, you can then put a name to the group like "riding". Now you can just repeat the procedure to continue dropping apps you want to partake in this group.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hrbeta View Post
    No problem murphy. To create a group just drop one of the applications on top of the other, that is, hold your finger on the app until it shakes, then drag it with you finger on top of the other app you want to create a group with. At that point a frame window will appear holding the two apps together, you can then put a name to the group like "riding". Now you can just repeat the procedure to continue dropping apps you want to partake in this group.Hope this helps.Cheers.
    I am so excited it work I have a folder called spider rider thank you thank you thank you
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

iphone comes next week. perfect timing. thanks

Spyder Garage

Default RIDING

THANKS FOR THE INFOR....GOT THEM...READY TO RIDE.....