Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RS- Upcoming Summer Heat

I am starting to think of preperations I need to make for those upcoming hot summer days here in Texas. My 2009 Spyder RS is totally stock, it was pretty clear when I got it at the end of last summer that it could use some heat related Mods that would make summer riding as comfortable as possible. I am wondering about which SpyderPops are the most for the $$$...Fan Cans?? I would appreciate you more experienced Spyder warm weather riders suggestions on what Mods you have had the best results with, thank you for your ideas.

zrc

Ride in a Speedo?

I am new to the area, just thought I would throw out some humor, Im getting into BDay weekend mode.

Spyder Garage

I have SpyderPops Missing Air Dam, Missing Heat Shield and his Air Management System. They make a world of difference keeping the heat off your right foot.

Depending on how many miles are on your Spyder, check to see if the 'Y' gaskets need replacing.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Same setup as Yazz with one addition that made a lot of difference...an exhaust wrap...Also available from Spyderpops.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I am based out of Silver Spring, MD. I have tried and tested the "Missing Air Dam" for 2 summers now and that has done the trick for me.
    2016 F3T SM6 , Silver

Spyder Garage

I got the Spyderpops mods, alas too late for last summer, so I'm unsure how big of an effect they'll have on the summer heat.

I think the air dam and management system will help the foot heat, and help a little bit in keeping the bike cool. My heatshield, however, just fell off, and I doubt I'll replace it, jury's out on that one.

My biggest heat-related problem on my Spyder was never foot related, however, but instead getting a lot of heat out of the saddle area. It's a relatively new Spyder so I still think my gaskets are good, but I'm sure that when I eventually replace the old gaskets with the Honda jobs that'll help. I *did* buy some heat-reflective tape and rubber insulation to use under the saddle/panels, but I've just never had the time to get around to it, but that may provide a bit of relief.

That said, I think the most important heat precaution for the Spyder is *gear* related: invest in good mesh gear, chill towels (a lifesaver around the neck ), etc., etc.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Removing the left and right plastic panel to the rear of the engine (Underneath) helps let the heat out and the Missing Air Dam is great when your moving!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

The heat on my butt was the biggest complaint I have had with the spyder since day one getting my first one in November 2007. And when I bought my new RSS I got the Kontour seat. No more hot butt issues!

http://kontourseat.com/

They basically take your stock seat and rebuild it to the proper way for your height/weight and use 3M foam and special covering! Absolutely worth the money. And if you send them an Utopia backrest they will install it for you also.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **