Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Forrest, give this a shot. patrick.o'bannon@brp.com. See if he can put some grease in the squeeky wheel. If anything he might be able to sic you on the right person. One helluva great guy.

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 03-31-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Don't you miss those good old days Forrest, where you were jumping ditches and didn't have a care in the world!
    YES I have a faint memory of the good times.......
    And now I have put the $$$$$$$ in and pleasure is very faint.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Forrest, give this a shot. patrick.o'bannon@brp.com. See if he can put some grease in the squeeky wheel. If anything he might be able to sic you on the right person. One helluva great guy.

Chris
    thank you.... I have emailed and sent you a PM to the content.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    YES I have a faint memory of the good times.......
    And now I have put the $$$$$$$ in and pleasure is very faint.

Unreal, i don't know how you even get on that thing at all. I wonder if anyone from brp has been on a highway going 70mph and have limp mode slow you to a crawl.

They should be thanking you for your patience as they hand you a set of keys to a new bike, if you even want one at this point.

Honestly, whenever i get in the left hand lane now i think of what could happen,,,,,i get right to the right lane where at least i have a shoulder to try and escape on.

Replacing parts obviously isn't the answer, find the cause should have been the goal long ago...

Be safe forrest
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Forrest, Have it towed over and we can put it out of its misery. Just remember the happier days you had with it.
    little buddy 2.jpg

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

thanks for all of the above......

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Have appointment with CPS 4-4-12 at 9 AM... to get the lame horse a shot.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Another appointment tomorrow? Maybe they can give you a bed in the service department.

Sent from my iPad 3
    using Tapatalk

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Have appointment with CPS 4-4-12 at 9 AM... to get the lame horse a shot.
    Every 1K miles a throttle body shot...TB...Iron Horse with TB???
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The countdown begins...................

T minus 2.5 hours until.............TB-6 The sequel

You will officially pass the total number of Rocky movies with the latest throttle body change today.
    Stallone made millions with each and every movie.
    You, my friend, have simply survived. Maybe BRP should hire you as a field tester for the Spyders.
    Good luck today Forrest!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, by the way, my lucky number is 12, so lets hope it does not make it that far.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    T minus 2.5 hours until.............TB-6 The sequel

You will officially pass the total number of Rocky movies with the latest throttle body change today.
    Stallone made millions with each and every movie.
    You, my friend, have simply survived. Maybe BRP should hire you as a field tester for the Spyders.
    Good luck today Forrest!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, by the way, my lucky number is 12, so lets hope it does not make it that far.

The trouble with sequels is, they get pretty predictable. We all know Rocky wins at the end, and Forest will be limping shortly after the 6th throttle body.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    T minus 2.5 hours until.............TB-6 The sequel.
    Shut up and Race!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

TB = Tired butt ...... nah .... something like THROTTLE BODY .
    As to my sanity,,, I think I am losing it..

Thanks for your support and humor

Gotta go.... just in case of &^%$ problem heading for the Horse Clinic.

Spyder Garage

Good luck my friend!
    Dan

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Holy Cow. This is crazy. Best of luck and you have the patience of a Saint bro!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

I know this thread is getting very very boring.. I must agree it is... However I do have an update.
    After my previous post to go to CPS for the 9PM appointment I had 3 more Limps, in busy early morning traffic, almost got run over, honked at, finger'd, yelled at... OH well..

After about an hour 8:55 am I arrived ( only 10 miles from the house ), I got to the Dealer.
    At 9 AM the dealer took the bike in for service. 10:30 Am got the Iron Horse back with a BRAND NEW THROTTLE BODY.....As some have said good for at least 1k miles or ?????.
    Just for those who don't know or have lost count, today was the 5th replacement,, so that makes 6 since it was delivered to me.
    Two week's it's spyderfest, ????? yep you guessed correctly...Do I........, if I do......., will I....... and return.... ....... Safely. I guess you can fill in the blanks.....

Spyder Garage

That's just ridiculous, Forrest. It was someone very bright (maybe even Einstein), who said a fool is someone who does the same thing over and over and expects a different result. In any event best wishes and good luck.

Edit: there is some doubt about who first said that, but it's the thought that counts.
    Last edited by dancogan; 04-04-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Forrest, this is probably a very dumb question, but are they updating the software after replacing the throttle body? If not, the throttle bodies will continue to be damaged and the problem will occur over and over. Assuming that they are updating the software, has the technician considered that something other than the throttle body might be causing the problem? Have you checked the throttle bodies that they replaced? On mine, it was easy to feel the stiffness in the butterfy. The replacement felt much different than the old throttle body.

If I were you I'd be very frustrated at this point. A lot of us have had throttle bodies replaced but, as far as I know, you are the only one who continued to have problems after replacing the throttle body. I know that Dudley and I both had our throttle bodies replaced and neither of us have had any problems whatsover afterward. I hope that you get your problems solved very soon. This must be a nightmare for you.

Cotton

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

thanks..... yes the software has been applied, and even checked by Lamont and Kurt (BRP) when they were at the Speedway Track on the Sat of Daytona bike week... They stated all software are or have been applied.

I just had a crazy thought... the RT being so electronic bound, is it at all possible that the Mag/ regulator is slipping and alowing a spike of higher voltage to enter the system? However, the tech about a month ago replaced my battery and checked the charging system but said is was ok... But I wonder in while riding on the road that the spike occurs and damage is done.. this is a thought for those who know all about such things.

Thanks for the comments...

Spyder Garage

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein
    From Brainy Quote

Pretty good, Dan. You pass the obscure quote part of the memory exam.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=effgjamis;435973]I know this thread is getting very very boring.. I must agree it is...

I've been reading your posts since I signed on this site. While sympathetic, I actually look forward to the next "chapter". Your progress, or lack of, is interesting reading. I'm somewhat shocked Can Am simply hasn't given you another bike in fear of the lemon issues or bad publicity, or replaced every circuit board on the bike.
    I'll give you this, you have more patience than I have.

Looking forward to the next chapter, but for your sake, the final one soon

Spyder Garage

Default Hange in there, Forrest

I took delivery of my 2011 RT on February 5, 2011. The original throttle body experienced the first signs of failure at Spyderfest in late April. Nevertheless, I was able to ride it back to Florida with ever deteriorating performance. Of course, at the time I didn’t know these were the symptoms of throttle body failure. Kurt Ottesen, however, did know what was wrong and ordered the replacement of the throttle body. The original throttle body was replaced at 8,300 miles.

The second throttle body was replaced at Maggie Valley, under Kurt’s direction, at 12,200 miles.

The critical firmware update was done at 15,100 miles.

The third throttle body was replaced at 24,600 miles in Florida.

The fourth throttle body is still in service at about 34,500 miles.

As I prepare to go to Spyderfest, once again, and with 10,000 miles on the current throttle body, I feel a little apprehension. Perhaps I should ride with Forrest. We could take a spare throttle body along, just in case. Forrest would have to be the technician. I don’t have any skill in this area. I only know how to ride.

I have a feeling that BRP knows exactly what the problem is. They just haven’t been able to nail the workaround yet. It took them a long time to come up with a solution for the DPS problem, but when they did it was perfect.

Hang in there, Forrest. The RT is a wonderful ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WaltH View Post
    I took delivery of my 2011 RT on February 5, 2011. The original throttle body experienced the first signs of failure at Spyderfest in late April. Nevertheless, I was able to ride it back to Florida with ever deteriorating performance. Of course, at the time I didn’t know these were the symptoms of throttle body failure. Kurt Ottesen, however, did know what was wrong and ordered the replacement of the throttle body. The original throttle body was replaced at 8,300 miles.

The second throttle body was replaced at Maggie Valley, under Kurt’s direction, at 12,200 miles.

As I prepare to go to Spyderfest, once again, and with 10,000 miles on the current throttle body, I feel a little apprehension. Perhaps I should ride with Forrest. We could take a spare throttle body along, just in case. Forrest would have to be the technician. I don’t have any skill in this area. I only know how to ride.

I have a feeling that BRP knows exactly what the problem is. They just haven’t been able to nail the workaround yet. It took them a long time to come up with a solution for the DPS problem, but when they did it was perfect.

Thank you for coming forward. Your testimony was a powerful indicator of the RT's TB issues are not Forrest only induced.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

10 throttle bodies on just 2 vehicles? I am neither pro or anti BRP, but that looks like quality out of control to me.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WaltH View Post

I hate to hear about your problems, too, but it does put a little different light on things to know that there is at least one more having the same kind of problem that Forrest is having. It still seems to me that there must be something else going on.

Cotton