RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Default What rear tire sizes work?

I know that there is a risk of constant nanny problems when using different size rear tires, but also know there are some sizes other than 225/50/15 that will work on an RT.

Who has tried a different size and found it works? What size was it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    I know that there is a risk of constant nanny problems when using different size rear tires, but also know there are some sizes other than 225/50/15 that will work on an RT.

Who has tried a different size and found it works? What size was it?
    I just put the Michelin Hydroedge 215x60x15 tire on my 2008 GS. I have only been able to put about 50 to 60 miles on it since because of our winter "salty" roads but it performed very well with no "nanny" problems at all. It is a very beeefy tire with great water shedding tread and a 90,000 mile warranty. Admittedly the clearance between the tire and rear fender is a lot less than with the OEM tire but it does not interefere with the fender or wire to the the tail light. I saw a post by another Spyerlover that has this tire on his wife's RT and had about 30,000 miles on it with a lot of tread left and expected at least another 25,000 t0 30,000 miles on the tire. I bought the tire from Tirerack.com for $103.
    Last edited by Spyderjockey; 02-06-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 215 X 60 X 15

IF YOU GET THIS SIZE TIRE YOU SHOULD GET A HAIR BETTER GAS MILEAGE BECAUSE THE CIRCUMFERENCE IS SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE OEM SIZE...MIKE..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...And by putting down a lightly narrower contact patch, the rolling resistance should be reduced!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black