Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Returning to Ryde

Hello to all.
    After a 30+ year hiatus from motorcycles (spent a full month in hospital in Philippines after crash back then before being considered well enough to be MEDEVAC'd back to the U.S. for further reconstructive surgery), my wife encouraged me to look into returning to the open air road now that the girls are all grown and we've started my second retirement. With lingering minor physical problems, I first considered a HD Trike but began looking at the Spyder website a few months ago. Finally made the trip down to Florence (a little closer than the Springs or Denver) to look at and sit one first hand. Ordered a RT Limited a week later and, after three weeks of nervous anticipation, took delivery last Thursday before the Memorial Day weekend. Even though I am still in the process of progressing from initially riding like a timid "li'l ol' gramma" to more like the less timid "ol' grampa" I actually am, I've managed to put in 350+ miles in the four days I've had it. Now I just need to get ready for my sweetheart of the last 43 years to climb on behind and we will be ready to roll. (Oh yeah, we still need to tell the kids but aren't yet quite ready for their "You two are nuts!!" reaction.)
    Hopefully, we will be able to do a few short day trips with some of y'all (too many years living in Virginia to get that word out of my working vocabulary) but the four dogs won't let us go out for longer than that on the spur of the moment. (If you've never had a Sheltie tongue lashing for coming home late, you probably won't understand.)
    Anyway, I look forward to ryding with many of you over time.

Tom - up in Buena Vista

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MountainSeaDog View Post
    Hello to all.
    After a 30+ year hiatus from motorcycles (spent a full month in hospital in Philippines after crash back then before being considered well enough to be MEDEVAC'd back to the U.S. for further reconstructive surgery), my wife encouraged me to look into returning to the open air road now that the girls are all grown and we've started my second retirement. With lingering minor physical problems, I first considered a HD Trike but began looking at the Spyder website a few months ago. Finally made the trip down to Florence (a little closer than the Springs or Denver) to look at and sit one first hand. Ordered a RT Limited a week later and, after three weeks of nervous anticipation, took delivery last Thursday before the Memorial Day weekend. Even though I am still in the process of progressing from initially riding like a timid "li'l ol' gramma" to more like the less timid "ol' grampa" I actually am, I've managed to put in 350+ miles in the four days I've had it. Now I just need to get ready for my sweetheart of the last 43 years to climb on behind and we will be ready to roll. (Oh yeah, we still need to tell the kids but aren't yet quite ready for their "You two are nuts!!" reaction.)
    Hopefully, we will be able to do a few short day trips with some of y'all (too many years living in Virginia to get that word out of my working vocabulary) but the four dogs won't let us go out for longer than that on the spur of the moment. (If you've never had a Sheltie tongue lashing for coming home late, you probably won't understand.)
    Anyway, I look forward to ryding with many of you over time.

Tom - up in Buena Vista
    Wow, Tom, WELCOME!! I'm so glad you have found your Spyder and us! Now, if you could only get the people who live in your town to pronounce it correctly
    ! I'm in Pinewood Springs, near Estes Park, and would be happy to ride with you and your wife any time. Sadly, we are about 3 hours apart. If you can find a qualified dog-sitter for a weekend, I'd love to have you come out here, stay with me (I've got a nice guest suite) and we can ride Rocky Mtn. National Park.

Congrats, and Ryde Safe!!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    Now, if you could only get the people who live in your town to pronounce it correctly
    Hi, Sue
    We moved here to "Beuney" last August from southeast New Mexico so we know how it "should" be pronounced but learned that the origin of their "peculiar" pronunciation goes back to when the town was founded and one of the town's most influential matrons insisted that because the area was so "beautiful" the name should start out with the same sound. Interestingly, she admitted that she knew exactly how the Spanish pronunciation should sound (her husband was a professor of foreign languages, after all) but she didn't care and she had enough influence to make it stick.
    Our three daughters all live in the Denver/Boulder area (the oldest was married near Lyons) and we lived in southern Boulder for about 16 years ourselves before heading to NM 8 years ago. So we might kennel the dogs here locally for a week and combine a family visit and a Trail Ridge Road ryde into the same time frame later this summer or fall. I used to hike the Wild Basin area near Allenspark before my mild MS finally put a finish to that but I really enjoyed the Peak-to-Peak vistas from Nederland to Estes. I also still remember when "Samson" was poached there on the golf course. What a sad event that was.
    I'll have to let y'all know when we come up with some tentative plans.
    Tom - aka MountainSeaDog

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Smile 2102 Spyder RT-S rider in Black Forest

Hello,

My name is Tim Henry. I purchased a new 2012 Spyder RT-S in April 2013. I live in the Black Forest east of Monument about 10 miles. I have about 4K miles on it now. Took it to the Laughlin River Run in Laughlin, NV in April. Put on about 2800 miles. The machine ran perfectly. Lots of fun!

I have ridden motorcycles for over 40 years. It took me a while to get used to the Spyder. When I frirst started riding it I was continually over steering the thing. I am finally getting used to the Spyder leaning as it follows the road surface without trying to steer to compensate. I am still not sure what the proper techniques are for riding it are as far as leaning in the corners, etc. But I am getting more comfortable all the time.

I am retired so I have some time to ride. Looking forward to riding with some of the group.

Tim

both@pcisys.net

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi there Tim, and welcome! I'm also in the Springs and both my wife and I ride RT SE-5s, mine is blue hers is red. Look forward to seeing you around town and maybe getting together for a ryde.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Hello, everyone!

I'm Nick from Parker. I don't have a Spyder yet but test rode Pikes Peak Motorsports' ST Limited SE5 a week and a half ago and on Wednesday I'll be testing RPM Motorsports' demo RT-S SE5. Can't wait!

I currently have a 2006 KTM 950 Adventure S dual sport and while I enjoy riding it I haven't been enjoying the maintenance it's been needing lately and I haven't been riding it like it's meant to be. Plus, while it's ok for two-up riding the RT would be MUCH better. My wife said she liked he RT better than the ST after only sitting on it once.

We are "only" 31 years old but I can see myself owning one

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Ride with other CO Spyder Ryders while on Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by William S. View Post
    Hello everybody this is Dan L, and I just wanted to start this thread so.....................Let the posting begain
    Hello. We would love to ride with other CO Spyder Ryders during our two week vacation in Buena Vista CO. Annual Ryders to Colorado and stay in Buena Vista CO Cottenwood Pass. I am the President of the Spyder Ryders of North Texas with 110 Members strong. I hope we can ryde with some of your group on a ride you may have planned. We will be in CO with our Spyder RTS SE5 from August 9th to August 23rd. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest 2014

It's been a while since I looked at the Colorado Group thread.....

I've been watching to see who has signed up to go to Spyderfest Apr 30 - May 4...and so far I have only seen one other CO rider going. I am leaving Colorado Springs early on Monday morning, 28 Apr. If anyone would like to hook up and ride together, pls let me know. I have my itinerary and hotel reservations all set up to and from the event.

I am looking forward to the ride there and back and all the rides in the Ozarks while at Spyderfest.
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS - SE5 & Escape XL Trailer. Various Bling: PowerSportsWrap dash kit, Spyderpops grills, lower RT block off plate, Elka 1+Rs, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light, BajaRon sway bar, Diamond R armrests, Web Boards floorboards, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner, Custom World Front Vent Trim, SpyderFlap Mudflap, Alaskan Buttpad, F4 Sport Wide Windshield and SENA SMH-10's.

Spyder Garage

Default Owners event,

How that I'm home for good. I retire from the military shortly. Anyone going to the owners event in Durango on 26-27 June. Can't believe my 08 only have 4k miles.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Owners event in Durango

BRP will hold their annual Owners event in Durango June 26-27. I have been keeping my eye on who is signing up, and I see only 6 Colorado folks registered so far.
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS - SE5 & Escape XL Trailer. Various Bling: PowerSportsWrap dash kit, Spyderpops grills, lower RT block off plate, Elka 1+Rs, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light, BajaRon sway bar, Diamond R armrests, Web Boards floorboards, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner, Custom World Front Vent Trim, SpyderFlap Mudflap, Alaskan Buttpad, F4 Sport Wide Windshield and SENA SMH-10's.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fort Collins/Loveland

I have been bitten by the spyder! 30 years of motorcycle riding have me addicted to fresh air. I ride my Ducati year round, but am now looking for something with a little more storage room. And something my wife will sit on. She just about fell off of the Ducati once and hasn't been back since.

I am in the Loveland area, and I am a little shocked there aren't more dealerships up this way.
    My plan now is to save up and get an RT this summer. I think I have gotten approval from my wife after some fun YouTube videos.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the road!

Brian

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bgraybeal View Post
    I have been bitten by the spyder! 30 years of motorcycle riding have me addicted to fresh air. I ride my Ducati year round, but am now looking for something with a little more storage room. And something my wife will sit on. She just about fell off of the Ducati once and hasn't been back since.

I am in the Loveland area, and I am a little shocked there aren't more dealerships up this way.
    My plan now is to save up and get an RT this summer. I think I have gotten approval from my wife after some fun YouTube videos.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the road!

Brian
    Hi Brian! I live between Lyons and Estes Park, and am frequently in Loveland. You're right - not many dealers close. Your choice is Cheyenne or RPM Motorsports in Lakewood. I have had great service with them and they are willing to negotiate - especially towards the end of the season. The other option is to buy one from somone selling one on SpyderLovers, or Ebay. I bought mine on Ebay, got a great price. If I were to buy used, I would try to go the SpyderLover's route.

Good luck and if your wife wants to get her own license, my guy is an MSF instructor in Loveland, and teaches for ABATE on the Front Range Community college range. That said, if she wants a riding buddy who will take care of her - happy to do it. I've only been riding 3 years now, and remember what it was like to get started.

Spyder Garage

Default Glenwood Springs

Hello all. My wife and I both ride RTS's (One yellow and one Magnesium). We moved to Glenwood Springs from Tennessee about two months ago. We are looking forward to riding in the mountains.

Just wanted to say Hey!

Greg
    2013 ST S
    Stock for now

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome Green RSS

Welcome to Colorado. You will find many nice rides all over this area. If you are interested, the 2014 Owners event is being held this week on 26 & 27th in Durango. There will be a lot of Colorado riders there for you to meet.

Brian

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Durango

We are heading South in the morning Castle Rock to Alamosa then to Antonito and over Cumbres Pass to Chama then to Pgaosa Springs Spa for a day and a half of soaking in the hot springs. 10:30 am on the 25th head to Durango and the Owners Event. Hook up with George and the rest of the Colorado Spyder Ryder Bunch.
    jtpollock

Active Member RockyMountainRider50's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Greeting to Co Spyder Ryders!

Hi!

We are Brock and Darlene. We'er fairly new to the forum and only owned our RT LTD since May of 2014. Both working for USPS so there's not a lot of time to ryde like you guys but we get out whenever we can. Our furthest ryde has been to Cripple Creek Co. from Denver. It was a real blast! My boo feel asleep on the way there! She's a native from Fort Collins and I'm from N.Y, N.Y. and a retired army soldier working on my second career with the postal service. Have been on sight several time but just notice the Colorado tread. Hope to see some of you guys around! Safe ryding always!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RT LTD & RT-622 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMountainRider50 View Post
    Hi!

We are Brock and Darlene. We'er fairly new to the forum and only owned our RT LTD since May of 2014. Both working for USPS so there's not a lot of time to ryde like you guys but we get out whenever we can. Our furthest ryde has been to Cripple Creek Co. from Denver. It was a real blast! My boo feel asleep on the way there! She's a native from Fort Collins and I'm from N.Y, N.Y. and a retired army soldier working on my second career with the postal service. Have been on sight several time but just notice the Colorado tread. Hope to see some of you guys around! Safe ryding always!
    Hi Brock and Darlene and Welcome! Do you live in Denver? I'm up near Estes Park. if you decide to come up - let me know and I'll run with you for a while.

Spyder Garage

Default Looking for Spyder Ryders

Hello, Been looking for Spyder Ryders in Colorado. Live between Boulder and Fort Collins and ride the front range and mountains. Have a2011 but am thinking of figuring out how to get a new one. Have put over 12K in it. LOVE to ride.

Active Member RockyMountainRider50's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What's up RC! My bad for the late reply but still trying to figure out tap talk! LOL!
    Any way I'm glad to hear from you. Hoping the weather breaks before putting my beast in for storage. Ryde safe [emoji111]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012 RT LTD & RT-622 , Pearl White