At the Easy Rider show here in Charlotte a few weeks ago, I ran across a company (http://lynnisenhour.com/) out of Winston-Salem that has a service where they will transport your cycle (on pre-scheduled tours) with other bikes, and then take everyone on planned rides. For example, Sturgis, SD; Daytona Bike Week; Calif Coast; Las Vegas (Grand canyon, Hoover Dam, etc.).

My wife dreams of the Jackson Hole Wyoming/Montana/Yellowstone trip. You pay for your airfare, and hotels and they transport your bike and coordinate the tours. I talked to Lynn the other night and he said that Wyoming has been sold out since Nov and has 9 on the list for next year. Worse, when he found out I had a Spyder, possibly two, he talked about charging me triple per Spyder, based on the amount of room it takes up. I get it. Don't like it, but get it. He told me if I was up his way that he would love to get my bike in his truck to check for spacing for other Spyder ryders.

The fee is already pretty steep, but double or triple is out of the question to make a trip affordable. By the time you add airfares and hotels and food, this is becoming a second mortgage. (Before you say it, NO, I am not going to drive my Spyder 2000 miles to Wyoming to ride another 1500, then 2000 back. Besides the fact that I don't have a month to do it in, I value my ass and bike a little more than that. If you are retired or don't have work commitments or think I am a candy ass, I can live with that. ) I can rent Harleys out there, but I didn't buy one of those because I like my Spyder better. What's the point of owning a Spyder if you have to rent a Harley? Plus, shipping is almost cheaper than renting for a week. I have started looking into a trailer but who wants to drive 4000 miles pulling a trailer?

Here is my question: Has anyone heard of another services like this that will take your bike, round trip, for a reasonable amount of money? I don't need the tour, but do need the transport. I have found shipping companies that will do it it from anywhere from about $600 per bike. per direction, all the way up to $1000 each way, each bike. If you know a bike shipping company that is reasonable, that may work. How can I ship 1-2 Spyders out to tour Wyoming without breaking the bank?