Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default TO MY TEXAS FRIENDS AND THOSE TRAVELING TROUGH OUR GREAT STATE

By the end of February, many of the Interstate speed limits in Texas will go from 70 mph to 75 mph. The limit on IH10W from Kerrville nearly to El Paso will remain 80 mph. (Some were pushing for 85)

Okay, I know, this will let those who can't stand us to pass through Texas quicker...there I said it! Ha
    ha

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

With people driving at least 5 over posted, you should be able to get from A to B much quicker.

I was in Dallas, Ft. Worth several times over the years and the drivers around the I system there scarred me a lot. I felt a bit intimidated by the fast drivers, and I don't consider myself a slouch either.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Was through there last year, and the stretch from San Antonio to El Paso was running about 85+. Nice run... except for the 50mph side winds and driving rain! If anyone does take I-10 through there, gas stations are few and FAR between. Without my 3 gal aux tank, I would have been calling AAA for sure at that speed. The Spyder mileage drops precipitiously over 70... down to about 25.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cruizing at 6000 rpm is a magic carpet ride on a

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    maybe Louisiana will follow Texas...hehe

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well Texas is just so BIG that they had to raise the limit, or risk motorists dying of old age while attempting to cross the State...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Was through there last year, and the stretch from San Antonio to El Paso was running about 85+. Nice run... except for the 50mph side winds and driving rain! If anyone does take I-10 through there, gas stations are few and FAR between. Without my 3 gal aux tank, I would have been calling AAA for sure at that speed. The Spyder mileage drops precipitiously over 70... down to about 25.
    Dryheat, yes the crosswinds can be exciting. Ya gotta watch them. Like I said earlier, when in west TX. I gas up every 100 or so...in July and August the heat can be very dangerous, as you know. We carry gas and water.

Bob Denman says: Well Texas is just so BIG that they had to raise the limit, or risk motorists dying of old age while attempting to cross the State...

Bob, on the weekend closest to June 21, the Houston BMW club has it's "Solstice Run". It starts on IH10 at mile marker 880 (TX/LA state line) at official sunup and ends at mm 1 (TX/NM line) at official sundown. They rest a while and then they ride 120 for a 1,000 mile Iron Butt award. As you can imagine, they hum right along.

When the wife and I visit our kin folks in Illinois, and we pass Texarkana, TX. we are half way there...I have a buddy who rode the exterior most roads of Texas...over 3,700 miles...yeah, it can get get big....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.