Spyder Garage

Default Need Windshield Advice

I'm going to be investing in a windshield soon, and am leaning toward the Madstad (shown here: http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.213/.f ). I'm right at 6 feet tall, so I'm looking at the 20". Curious if any of you have this one, and if you'd recommend it. Or if you have a different one--would your recommend yours? And if so--why?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best,
    --ABQ
    spydern.jpg

2009 RS SM5. Passenger Backrest,
    Sport Rack, GloRyders, TricLED Dayrunners,
    LED Halo Kit, and LED fender tips.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go with clear Madstad.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WINDSHIELD

NO MATTER WHAT YOU GET I SUGGEST GET THE BIGGEST....YOU CAN ALWAYS TRIM IT DOWN.....I'VE DONE IT ...REMEMBER YOU CAN NEVER TRIM IT BIGGER...MIKE....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Spyderman View Post
    I'm going to be investing in a windshield soon, and am leaning toward the Madstad (shown here: http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/it.A/id.213/.f ). I'm right at 6 feet tall, so I'm looking at the 20". Curious if any of you have this one, and if you'd recommend it. Or if you have a different one--would your recommend yours? And if so--why?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best,
    --ABQ
    spydern.jpg
    I got the largest one. I'm 5' 10" and just right. I can raise it a little if needed. It will not be too tall.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I got the largest one. I'm 5' 10" and just right. I can raise it a little if needed. It will not be too tall.
    David
    I agree, I'm 5'10" and I got me the Madstad 20", it works just fine but a tad bigger might be even better. Go with the biggest you can. (Man, I sound like a lady) ))))

Spyder Garage

Since purchasing my Spyder in 2008 I think I've tried everything out there and by far the Madstad works best for me. Being 6' 4" I've gone with the 24" and after adjusting it about a 1000 times it is now just the way I want it. I think you'll be happy with a Madstad.

arntufun

Make sure if you get one of those windshields, you don't forget to order the roof and doors for your Spyder at the same time.

Spyder Garage

22 inch smoke, I believe a good look and at 6 foot, works for me.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

I'm 5'10". I now have risers on my RS. With the stock RS handlebars, I was running the 22" smoke and found it perfect. Once I got the risers installed and sat more upright, however, I had to buy a 24" windshield-- no matter how I set it, the 22" just buffeted my helmet in the slipstream too much. The 22" would work better setting it lower, but winter was already approaching, and that was just too much cold wind hitting me in the upper body (probably not a problem in NM :-).

I saved the 22" in case I want to swap it out in the spring to get more air flowing once it warms up (heck, I saved the original "useless" windshield for the summer months, too!)

Of course, YMMV.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!