Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    This contest is for all the nuts that will not put there Spyder away even in the coldest temps. What you must do is take a picture of your Spyder and your temp gauge, thats it. The top ten entrys ( 10 lowest temps ) can say they are a 2012 frozen nut finalist and the lowest temp can declare victory with all bragging rights awarded to them for the year.

No prizes, but you will get the respect that comes with being a frozen nut and this little trophy.

Good luck to you all. So, who can beat this ???

I ride everyday in Newfoundland (except for when there is too much snow/ice on the roads), and never beyond my comfort level. While this is not the coldest I've rode, here is a shot from my 'long way around' to the grocery store for some fresh fixing for dinner yesterday morning:

However, I have ridden in colder, down to -20C (-4F), which a windchill of -28C (-18F), described here on the http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/blog/pos...r=2011&Month=2 -- BRP's Spyder Blog from 2011. But I do not have a photo of the dash from the week in that cold belt.

An old photo from this very blog:

However, it it worth suggesting: Consider how you feel on a damp cold day vs. a crisp cold day. The humidity plays a big role in how we feel the cold. We have damp/wet cold winters here. It can feel much colder then it is, because of the damp air and humidity, imho. This effect multiplies when considering windchill and a cloudy vs. sunny day.

So, arntufun, while my lowest -20C (-4F), it is not documented in photo form, only in the written word in the 2011 BRP Blog.

Cheers from frosty Newfoundland
    Dean

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pretty sure I got this one , -57 degrees celsius with the wind chill, pretty much all last week. Sorry no pics, Spyder said up yours ( even in heated garage ). Beat that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I too, would also like to see how low the temp guage would go, but my ryde would not even start in a heated garage....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    This just begs for a like contest ... but at the other end of the temperature scale. But I'm afraid to name it

It wasn't unusual to be in triple digits last summer.

thehawk

I road through Death Valley in July and August last year. I hit 124 of the Thermometer, That was a hot one. I pulled into Vegas at it was 106.... At 530pm. It was still 98 Degree's at 1030!!!

arntufun

OK, here are the entrys so far. Lets keep them coming. Only photos of the dash temp gauge will be accepted and counted. There has to be more than 3 Frozen Nuts out there. These temps will sure to be beat by winters end so don't let this mild winter so far fool you.

Groundeffect....... 21.2 F
    Arntufun............. 22 F
    Cyncyspyder....... 25 F

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aren't fun View Post
    OK, here are the entries so far. Lets keep them coming. Only photos of the dash temp gauge will be accepted and counted. There has to be more than 3 Frozen Nuts out there. These temps will sure to be beat by winters end so don't let this mild winter so far fool you.

Ground Effect....... 21.2 F
    Arntufun............. 22 F
    Cyncy Spyder....... 25 F
    It's the January Thaw, Going on at the moment.