Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    arntufun

Default 2012 Frozen Nuts Contest1

This contest is for all the nuts that will not put there Spyder away even in the coldest temps. What you must do is take a picture of your Spyder and your temp gauge, thats it. The top ten entrys ( 10 lowest temps ) can say they are a 2012 frozen nut finalist and the lowest temp can declare victory with all bragging rights awarded to them for the year.

No prizes, but you will get the respect that comes with being a frozen nut and this little trophy.

Good luck to you all. So, who can beat this ???

frozen nutz 002.jpgfrozen nutz 003.jpg

Last edited by arntufun; 08-27-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now thats a fun contest damn. Thats awesome .

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Spyder Garage

Should have started this contest a little earlier. It was a high of 1 here the other day.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you actually riding or just backing out of the garage to take the picture?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Are you actually riding or just backing out of the garage to take the picture?

Your right, I better clarify. I went 8.2 miles trying my Spyder out after I put it back together. You can tell because the tail of my Spyder is all dirty from road spray and salt on belt guard.

NO Cheating Allowed in this contest, lets keep it honest.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question

Seth O Where are YOU!!!??! and Cyncyspyder how bout you???It's too warm here in Mo for any contest from me. It's supposed to get up to 59Deg today!! Leaves ME out of it! Come on folks gotta be more than those two. How bout Alaska?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I was out 2 weekends ago, 4 degrees at one point to start, 160 mile round trip, This Saturday 17 degrees 4 inches of unplowed snow Only went 4 or5 miles to the post office and back, But i was all on my T/Glide so it doesn't count at, least in this contest.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FROZEN NUTS

RANDY, I POSTED MINE ....BUT THEY WERE DELETED ??????..............MIKE...

Spyder Garage

Well I lose. Only got up to 80 here today.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited, Lees-sure Excell camper, Aluma MCTXL Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default so, so, wrong

but randy, what about the girls?
    Last edited by coz; 01-22-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This just begs for a like contest ... but at the other end of the temperature scale. But I'm afraid to name it

It wasn't unusual to be in triple digits last summer.

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I ride regularly at 15 deg. My temp gauge always read about 5 to 10 degrees higher than actual temps. I'll have to start taking photos.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    This just begs for a like contest ... but at the other end of the temperature scale. But I'm afraid to name it

It wasn't unusual to be in triple digits last summer.

thehawk
    Why be afraid of a name like "Roasted Nuts"?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

It has been 10 degrees below all week here but I will not post a picture. My road is all ice covered and I don't feel safe riding in that type of condition. Yes, I could back it out of my garage and show you the and the five foot snow banks--but that would be cheating. I will leave this contest to the braver of heart.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like I'll be getting my back in the next several weeks, so I'll be breaking out the brass monkeys and taking them for a ride!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Why be afraid of a name like "Roasted Nuts"?
    We have a friend in our dinner club that is alergic to nuts. When we have a dish that has nuts in the receipe, we have to make 2 versions... and guess what we nicknamed our friend!!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

We took out our s for a quick run to the dealer (RS-S need some brake adjustments) on Saturday. Being a weird January when it comes to weather, all the week we had 60+ temps but never could catch a break to ryde, so we said lets go Saturday. And with our luck, the only day of all that week that went to 34 degrees!!! But thanks to BajaRon's First Gear thermal suits, we could have run a lot longer... those things are awesome in cold, windy weather!! Now to find some better gloves for the wife...
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    This contest is for all the nuts that will not put there Spyder away even in the coldest temps. What you must do is take a picture of your Spyder and your temp gauge, thats it. The top ten entrys ( 10 lowest temps ) can say they are a 2012 frozen nut finalist and the lowest temp can declare victory with all bragging rights awarded to them for the year.

No prizes, but you will get the respect that comes with being a frozen nut and this little trophy.

frozen nutz 002.jpgfrozen nutz 003.jpg

Let's if the thermometer on the can read negative temps... Let's see them pics with (-) besides the temperature!!!

Previously owned:

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

IMG_20120103_055145-1.jpg
    Coldest so far this season has been 13 degrees, but didn't get a pic of that one. Here's one from 2 weeks ago, actual temp. was 19 degrees. Spyder temp. gauge is always off from 6-10 degrees.

Im sure SethO has us all beat, hands down. The man is hardcore, thats for sure

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget aobut Tatt2R...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    I ride regularly at 15 deg. My temp gauge always read about 5 to 10 degrees higher than actual temps. I'll have to start taking photos.
    My temp gauge also reads 'fast' by the same amount....no matter tho, I won't be entering either the Frozen Nuts' or 'Roasted Nuts' contests, at this stage of the game I need kerosene socks to help keep the ants off my candy a**!
    '09 SM5, Hindle pipe, K&N, sport rack, backrest, Givi shield EVO swaybar, Symtec grip heaters, Spyderpops belt guard....some other stuff.

Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying 'To Whom it May Concern'!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    We have a friend in our dinner club that is alergic to nuts. When we have a dish that has nuts in the receipe, we have to make 2 versions... and guess what we nicknamed our friend!!!
    Cold ... just cold

thehawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

It'll be in the high 20's to low 50's all week here, so unfortunately I'm not in the running! I'd love to see if the Spyder temp gauge will go negative, though.

--ABQ
    spydern.jpg

2009 RS SM5. Passenger Backrest,
    Sport Rack, GloRyders, TricLED Dayrunners,
    LED Halo Kit, and LED fender tips.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Spyderman View Post
    It'll be in the high 20's to low 50's all week here, so unfortunately I'm not in the running! I'd love to see if the Spyder temp gauge will go negative, though.
    --ABQ
    spydern.jpg
    Anybody got a shot of nitrogen or LOX (liquid oxygen)???

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post

Hey guys.

Neat thread, but yep, have to be careful out there everyone! Even if there is no snow on the roads in freezing temperatures we'll all have to watch for black ice and other slippery sections that can creep up on you.

If you ride in these types of conditions, you do so at your own risk, of course. But if you do, here are a few tips:

* Keep more then the usual distance between the vehicles ahead and behind us, as they may need more room to slow/stop if they hit some slippery spots.

* Keep up the head-checks to take notice of more of what is around us while riding in these types of conditions.

* Be weary of your core temperature and feelings in hands, toes and all over. Cold can render you having less dexterity, thus less control. If you are actually cold, get warmed up! I know all the little cafes in these parts with great hot chocolate and soup.

* If you find yourself heading out in conditions outside your comfort level, do not ride - wait for better conditions.

* Cold can be a major distraction, so if you are distracted that you are cold, your focus leaves the road. Get off the road and warm up.

* Keep your eyes looking all around you, but look ahead at what could be coming up in these conditions - snow in front of someone's drive way, snow or ice lingering or missed by the snowplow on on/off ramps, secondary and side roads vs. main thoroughfares.

* Be Careful!