Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default spyder for quadriplegic

hello everyone was on a trike forum and someone suggested this site. I am a c4 quad since 2009 have just got use of my arms and hands back. I have to stay in my chair since i have no control of my body from chest level down has anyone tried to build a spyder that you can operate from the chair been riding for forty years this was a none motorcycle related accident but i'm not about to give up what i love any help or guidance would be appreciated thank you

Spyder Garage

We do have a forum for Enabled SpyderLovers. ( http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f...d-SpyderLovers ) Take a look. I know there are those in wheelchairs who ride.

With an RS with the electronic sift and a handbrake option by ISCI ( http://www.isciride.com/iscirsautopa...andbrakesystem ), you may find a setup that is perfectly suited for you.

Glad you found us & God bless!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
    hello everyone was on a trike forum and someone suggested this site. I am a c4 quad since 2009 have just got use of my arms and hands back. I have to stay in my chair since i have no control of my body from chest level down has anyone tried to build a spyder that you can operate from the chair been riding for forty years this was a none motorcycle related accident but i'm not about to give up what i love any help or guidance would be appreciated thank you

There's a fella by the user name of "Henning" that might share your situation. I'd send him a private message and see what you get. "If there is a will, there is a way".

Chris

RR Springfield (1 mile South of Cantrall) Illinois
    Spyder Garage

Default Check Out SethO

He ride almost everyday if not everyday...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ey-made-for-me

Without Trailer
    With Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=MarkLawson;409032]We do have a forum for Enabled SpyderLovers. ( http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/f...d-SpyderLovers ) Take a look. I know there are those in wheelchairs who ride.

With an RS with the electronic sift and a handbrake option by ISCI ( http://www.isciride.com/iscirsautopa...andbrakesystem ), you may find a setup that is perfectly suited for you.

Glad you found us & God bless![/
    QUOTE]

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Like posted before Give SethO a PM, Good luck and I'm sure [know] you'll find a lot of help here.

Spyder Garage

You have come to the right place. Advice above says it all.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ALMOST A NEWBIE

NEVER SAY NEVER,....SPYDERLOVER'S WILL HELP YOU ANYWAY POSSIBLE OR IMPOSSIBLE........MIKE...

chickridin

When we were at the shop making the deal on my Spyder there was a family there with a son that was buying one also. He was 20 yrs old and had lost both his legs, up to his knees, in Afganistan. He found out about the Sypders and decided to check them out and decided that's what he was looking for. They modified it with hand brake controls so he could ride. We watched him ride it around the parking lot (a big lot next door). The look on his face was priceless. I, and his mother, thought he was going to slide right off, escpecially turning, but he held right on. His father told us he wanted to get a motorcycle when he got out of the service but then that happened. Needless to say he was one happy camper! Good luck on your journey. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bulldozer;409031] I have to stay in my chair since i have no control of my body from chest level down has anyone tried to build a spyder that you can operate from the chair

Orange County Choppers made one where the chair rolls right on and then your good to go.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS

BOB WE WOULD ALL LOVE TO SEE THAT IF POSSIBLE..MIKE.....

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    BOB WE WOULD ALL LOVE TO SEE THAT IF POSSIBLE..MIKE.....

Ask and ye shall receive! Edit: Although I'm not Bob!!

chickridin

I saw the episode when they built that bike. It's awesome! The guy they built if was was so excited too.