Thread: Painting a RS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Painting a RS

Does anyone know of anyone that could paint my Y in or around Michigan? I'd like to knock it out and have it ready for the summer... Plus... what's the average price? I'm really liking that "monster drink green" that's on the calendar.

G

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am from your area and there are many quality automotive and custom paint shops in that area. You could consider have it dipped as well. This is probably more money but the quality would be awesome. I know there is a place in Brighton that does this. Keep us posted.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default painting

I'm not familiar with paint shops in your area and not sure if you're looking to simply paint your Spyder in one solid colour or with art work. I would start by asking local bike shops for recommendations and/or asking bike owners with custom paint work.

Ideally, if you can wait, look at all the amazing paint work at a Spyder event. Spyderfest is quickly approaching . I find everyone so friendly and helpful with questions. This is a good opportunity to do research on pricing and ideas.

As for pricing, it is difficult predict. It varies depending on the amount of coverage and complexity of work. I have seen some stunning wraps and paint results on other Spyders: so you may want to consider all options.

I hope this helps. Best of luck with your project!

Regards,
    Stanley

Spyder Garage

I agree about asking around at bike shops...especially the ones that cater to crotch rockets. Why, the Spyder has numerous plastic body panels, similar to a sport bike. Whatever you do, make sure your shop is experienced and knowledgeable in the painting of plastic body parts. There are special steps that have to be taken.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

it ain't cheap if it's done right, but how much can you save by doing it wrong?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black