Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I look forward to seeing and meeting y'all at Spyderfest....keep us posted

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    Cowl Keepers are working great !!!
    Anyone who hasn't ordered them from you, I highly recommend them. Quality item, and well made.

They are selling pretty good...30 sets so far, and they only been on the market about a month. I've actually sold some to customers in Canada, Brazil and Mexico. The feedback has been excellent, and I keep enough made for surges in sales. Let me know if you ever need replacements...next set for you is on the house.

Thanks Cole

PS: I loaded more Pics on the very first post of this thread

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I don't care for the 'double point' look at all.
    The single-point one on the left looks good.

Is this going to go ontop of the stock seat in the rear? You might want to consider those who are also using the sport rack system as that pointed rear would probably hit it.

Here is an original pic of my idea, that I kinda held close. It actually shows the lines in a lot better in detail. I thought of using the frunk lines and the tail lines merged together. This is just a cropped image, but it really captures the feeling I'm trying to design via fiberglass. The frunk line will also be where the lid lines will be.

Mono Rough with Frunk and Tail Lines.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cole369; 02-22-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: new pic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    I put a Givi E460 (monokey) on SWMBOs GS but something with nicer/more Spyderlike lines would be nice.
    More like this? This is a composite drawing merging the frunk and tail lines which was my intial thought when putting this concept together. The lines are actually easily to duplicate and the frunk width is remarketably close in size I needed for my model.
    Mono Rough with Frunk and Tail Lines.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cole369 View Post
    They are selling pretty good...30 sets so far, and they only been on the market about a month. I've actually sold some to customers in Canada, Brazil and Mexico. The feedback has been excellent, and I keep enough made for surges in sales. Let me know if you ever need replacements...next set for you is on the house.

Thanks Cole

PS: I loaded more Pics on the very first post of this thread
    FYI, you need to follow the same rules as other vendors if you plan on selling them here.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...orting-Vendors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    FYI, you need to follow the same rules as other vendors if you plan on selling them here.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...orting-Vendors

Thanks Lamont, sent PM to discuss.

Cole

Spyder Garage

Default Would anyone be willing to donate a stock GS/RS Seat to my Mono Cowl Project??

Hi everyone,

Thing are progressing good and we are at that halfway point finishing not one, but two prototypes. I do however have a dilemma, my seat on my 2011 RS-S which I designed the prototype is the OEM sport custom seat, looks just like the standard GS/RS, but does not have that little point at the top of the saddle crown like the stock GS?RS seats. Well I’m at the point in the project where I need to fabricate saddle wedges to make sure it crosses across all GS/RS and RS-S seat types. I got lucky and bought a Corbin seat pretty cheap. So anyone who would like to donate a stock seat I could truly use it to insure my unit fits them. As far as the comfort seat, I will need one as well, so if someone out there in Spyder land has one and don't want it please send it to me and I’ll out it to good use. I do not care if they are stained, rip or torn. I just need to copy the seat saddle shapes for each optional seat out there for the Can Am Spyder 2008-2012 models. I will pay shipping and handling, so anyone help out there willing to help just send me a pm. I’ ll attach the stock seat I’m looking for and also a couple of pics of the Alien Arachnid project mono cowl storage system so far. As always thanks and stay patient…its coming.

Thanks and Keep Three on the Pavement,

ColeStock Seat.jpgGelcoated and ready for mold build 1.jpgStinger in Development Large Design 023.jpgStinger in Development Design Change 10 001.jpg

Spyder Garage

Keep up the Good work.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

PM sent
    Hi everyone,

Thing are progressing good and we are at that halfway point finishing not one, but two prototypes. I do however have a dilemma, my seat on my 2011 RS-S which I designed the prototype is the OEM sport custom seat, looks just like the standard GS/RS, but does not have that little point at the top of the saddle crown like the stock GS?RS seats. Well I’m at the point in the project where I need to fabricate saddle wedges to make sure it crosses across all GS/RS and RS-S seat types. I got lucky and bought a Corbin seat pretty cheap. So anyone who would like to donate a stock seat I could truly use it to insure my unit fits them. As far as the comfort seat, I will need one as well, so if someone out there in Spyder land has one and don't want it please send it to me and I’ll out it to good use. I do not care if they are stained, rip or torn. I just need to copy the seat saddle shapes for each optional seat out there for the Can Am Spyder 2008-2012 models. I will pay shipping and handling, so anyone help out there willing to help just send me a pm. I’ ll attach the stock seat I’m looking for and also a couple of pics of the Alien Arachnid project mono cowl storage system so far. As always thanks and stay patient…its coming.

Thanks and Keep Three on the Pavement,

ColeStock Seat.jpgGelcoated and ready for mold build 1.jpgStinger in Development Large Design 023.jpgStinger in Development Design Change 10 001.jpg
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Many Thanks to Pat...He has sacrificed a few parts behind this mad scientist

Quote Originally Posted by ameobe View Post
    PM sent
    Pat,
    Got your PM, like I said you keep saving my butt!! Please just send an invoice to my paypal account SColeman@inbox.com, and I'll pay shipping. Now, are you sure you want to get rid of a seat too....you already sacrificed a mono cowl to the mad scientist!! Now I should be able to send this back to you when I'm done with it. I'll probably make a fiber glass cast and use it as a display model too.

Make sure you find Jeff at Spyder Fest, he is making a batch of T-Shirts with our company logo (still secret) and will be handing them out, I'll make sure to mail you one. We may even raffle off a Alien Arachnid Mono Cowl storage pod. Again thanks for all your help and believing in this project.

Cole

P.S. Check out Jeff's spy'd art workGelcoated and ready for mold build 3.jpg
    Last edited by Cole369; 03-13-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Pat,
    Got your PM, like I said you keep saving my butt!! Please just send an invoice to my paypal account SColeman@inbox.com, and I'll pay shipping. Now, are you sure you want to get rid of a seat too....you already sacrificed a mono cowl to the mad scientist!! Now I should be able to send this back to you when I'm done with it. I'll probably make a fiber glass cast and use it as a display model too.

Make sure you find Jeff at Spyder Fest, he is making a batch of T-Shirts with our company logo (still secret) and will be handing them out, I'll make sure to mail you one. We may even raffle off a Alien Arachnid Mono Cowl storage pod. Again thanks for all your help and believing in this project.

Cole

P.S. Check out Jeff's spy'd art workGelcoated and ready for mold build 3.jpg
    Your welcome.
    Keep motoring on the project, it's looking great.
    Can't wait to see the complete one's.

Unfortunately no Spyderfest this year for us, work seems to be always in the way of many plans.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default sm5 ryder

- looks sporty
    - on and off in a seconds is a must
    - waterproof
    - can imagine as aggressive design which gives drive a superior back support a little higher so ride has comfert I no more back rest helps
    - price keep it low $200-$270
    - take small things helmet in frount trunk need place to put things in
    - I can see it not possible if you need to keep cost down
    - Lock I can see a bottion a spyder push in it opens
    - make it fun easy

I have back rest that I take off put cover on need more back surport needs to be higher I to wood pay more for one higher.(Don) vt228 Sm5

Spyder Garage

Here are the first rough mock ups built to check functionality. Seat raises up and down with no issues. I will need to get the measurements for the Sportrack to see how much of a difference it causes when fully raised. Patent Application # 61/589,435 dated 1/23/12 for anyone interested.

Also if you notice in the picks the extra set of footpegs behing the rear pegs. I invented those for anyone who has TB Dual or Single pipes and their passengers feet keep hitting the pipe. This litle trick keeps their feet off and makes for a more comfortable ride too. They are made from billet aluminum, and drilled to keep feet cool. Matching set on other side and is porportional offset with extension.

hight is ok, round it to mold to bike , then make it to surport the rider, for spyders with removable back rest. looks great well be a good trunk (Don)

Spyder Garage

Default Here's an update on where Alien Arachnid mono cowls are at in the design phase

Hi Don,

Thanks for the comments and I’ll see if I can add to some of the things you brought up. First I wish I could have finished this project before Spyder fest, but circumstances out of my control slowed things down considerably. Everything is back on track now and hopefully will have two finished units available for the RS/GS come summer. I have a great fiberglass guy, working pure magic to bring these models to life. We have built three prototype mono cowls, the Stinger, the Web Spinner, and the Scorpion. The names may change, but thats what we are calling them right now. I've attached some pics of them right before we cut the lids.

Don, here are some of the comments you noted and hopefully I can shed some light where we are at on this project.

- looks sporty…trying to match it to the body lines of the Spyder, and keep it aerodynamic.

- on and off in a seconds is a must…this system will come on and off a lot easier than the BRP mono cowl and fit all aftermarket seats.

- waterproof …yes it will be sealed from the elements using overlip design with gasket

- can imagine as aggressive design which gives drive a superior back support a little higher so ride has comfort I no more back rest helps,,,each unit supports the rider from 8 to 12 inches above the seat saddle hump. You can lean back while riding very comfortably especially if you have highway pegs installed. Everyone will be surprised of how comfortable I designed the back support.

- price keep it low $200-$270…I don't think I come come anywhere near the price you quoted...just impossible for this type of fiberglass product ....this is not an cheap strap on unit…materials alone cost that much…it is the same quality you would find from the leading competitor selling a similar product. However because you do not need to buy a seat system to use my mono cowl storage system, my cost will be considerably lower than theirs. I will however price them affordable, my motto has been to make products affordable for a working man's budget.

- take small things helmet in front trunk need place to put things in …my units will accept a half helmet, but not a full face, also will accept up to a 17 inch laptop.

- I can see it not possible if you need to keep cost down...fiberglass molding is not cheap. my hope is to simply the production by limiting the mold requirements. the less molds, the less cost. My designs are two-piece molds. So any one who knows about fiberglass production knows less molds equal lower cost

- Lock I can see a button a Spyder push in it opens…locking and hinge systems are very hard to construct from scratch, but I will have them tamper proof and secure. I have designed a system I believe will provide easy access and security.

- make it fun easy …that’s what is all about

So here are the three models from 2 weeks ago. Jeff is now doing finishing/body work to build our production molds. The other part is hiding the hinges, which is a very complicated procedure. So all in all this it is very time consuming process to build a mold in which you can build a production line from. Please remember these are rough working prototype models to confirm functionality. Lastly, for all those who were looking forward to me bringing the mono cowl storage systems to Spyder Fest I apologize. The production of these units is a complicated endeavor ( a lot tougher than I imagined), and I want to bring something totally different to the Spyder market that people will be proud to mount on their Spyders. So keep your eyes open for Alien Arachnid Mono Cowls...they will be here soon.

Thanks again for your interest,

Cole

Stinger Design Presentation Image.jpgWeb Spinner Design Presentation Image.jpg3 Prototype Designs 007.jpgScorpion Design Presentation Image.jpg3 Prototype Designs 001.jpg
    Last edited by Cole369; 04-18-2012 at 10:29 AM.