Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Knights Inn Durango second thoughts, may want to read

After being made aware of negative reviews by another Spyder ryder, I called the Durango Police Dept to inquire about the safety of the area around 2391 Main Street in Durango. The officer told me to avoid area between 1500 block and 3200 block of Main street as it was not the safest area to leave our bikes. Just a heads up to everyone who booked a room here. May want to reconsider. I am going to cancel my room. Any other riders with motel ideas please advice. The reviews stated that the staff were great but the rooms were outdated and with the police input I am not willing to take the chance with my Spyder. Also the event is going to be held at the fairgrounds in the same area of town FYI.

Spyder Garage

I am at the ramada near the end of the bad section, should be ok, I hope.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Knights Inn

Not good! Everything was being booked, we were all together, now this. Appreciate the heads up & you calling the police about it. Leary of fairgrounds being bad area too but what do we do? Have you rebooked at another hotel yet? We plan to research more & cancel this one. Thanks again. Laura

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    After being made aware of negative reviews by another Spyder ryder, I called the Durango Police Dept to inquire about the safety of the area around 2391 Main Street in Durango. The officer told me to avoid area between 1500 block and 3200 block of Main street as it was not the safest area to leave our bikes. Just a heads up to everyone who booked a room here. May want to reconsider. I am going to cancel my room. Any other riders with motel ideas please advice. The reviews stated that the staff were great but the rooms were outdated and with the police input I am not willing to take the chance with my Spyder. Also the event is going to be held at the fairgrounds in the same area of town FYI.

Spyder Garage

I'm at the Ramada also. I would think with all the riders in town that we would always be looking out for each others Spyders and property. I don't plan to be at my hotel much anyway,and when I'm not, all my stuff will be with me. Not going to fret too much. But, thanks for doing the research, I'll certainly be more wary of my surroundings.
    2011 RT-SE5 - Orbital Blue - Garmin Zumo 660, Shoei Firestrike Helmets, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth, Real Chrome Dash Kit, Butler Mug and Camera Mount, Spyderpops Heat Shield, Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

CW PERMIT VALID IN COLORADO:

ALABAMA YES
    ALASKA YES
    ARIZONA YES
    ARKANSAS YES
    CALIFORNIA NO
    CONNECTICUT NO
    DELAWARE YES
    DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA NO
    FLORIDA YES
    GEORGIA YES
    HAWAII NO
    IDAHO YES
    ILLINOIS NO
    INDIANA YES
    IOWA YES
    KANSAS YES
    KENTUCKY YES
    LOUISIANA YES
    MAINE NO
    MARYLAND NO
    MASSACHUSETTS NO
    MICHIGAN YES
    MINNESOTA NO
    MISSISSIPPI YES
    MISSOURI YES
    *No permit required in State of Vermont to carry a concealed handgun.
    MONTANA YES
    NEBRASKA YES
    NEVADA NO
    NEW HAMPSHIRE YES
    NEW JERSEY NO
    NEW MEXICO YES
    NEW YORK NO
    NORTH CAROLINA YES
    NORTH DAKOTA YES
    OHIO NO
    OKLAHOMA YES
    OREGON NO
    PENNSYLVANIA YES
    RHODE ISLAND NO
    SOUTH CAROLINA NO
    SOUTH DAKOTA YES
    TENNESSEE YES
    TEXAS YES
    UTAH YES
    VERMONT* NO
    VIRGINIA NO
    WASHINGTON NO
    WEST VIRGINIA NO
    WISCONSIN YES
    WYOMING YES
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

OK after talking with some Southern Cruisers tonight was informed that they stayed at the Super 8 in Durango/Purgatory and that it was pretty nice. They stayed there last year so hopefully it is still the same quality.l booked a room there on line for $85/night. The address is 20 Stewart Dr Hwy 160/550 Durango Co 81301. Tele # 970-259-0590. Hopefully this will be a better location and still not too far from the event. Are CW licenses good in Colorado? Did not see it on your list.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cancelled Knights Inn

Booked at Super 8 as well. Called & was told their best rate was $111 night, went online & booked it for $85.85 night.

OK after talking with some Southern Cruisers tonight was informed that they stayed at the Super 8 in Durango/Purgatory and that it was pretty nice. They stayed there last year so hopefully it is still the same quality.l booked a room there on line for $85/night. The address is 20 Stewart Dr Hwy 160/550 Durango Co 81301. Tele # 970-259-0590. Hopefully this will be a better location and still not too far from the event. Are CW licenses good in Colorado? Did not see it on your list.

Spyder Garage

Never mind docdoru I see it now. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Okay, just cancelled my reservation at Knights Inn and booked room at the Super 8 in Durango.

Glynn
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

We have booked at Super 8 also. 101.00 a nite with cancelation option.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up. Might make a change depending on what else I can find. Finally to plans set in stone with HD buds so non-refundable rooms at another place will work out fine

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users Ken5517 / Wish Again's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up, I went to google maps and used the sadilite view and found 3 baseball fields , a senior high school, parks and rec and what is a very large parking lot which is my guess the staging area that we might be using if this is the correct so called fairgrounds.

all input is welcome, but I am staying there

you will need to change the address to :Fairgrounds near Durango, CO 81301

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=High+L...-na-us-gns-svn
    Last edited by Ken5517 / Wish Again; 01-12-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glynnk View Post
    Okay, just cancelled my reservation at Knights Inn and booked room at the Super 8 in Durango.

Glynn
    ok just cancelled made new res Super8

i will say i emailed a colleague who works & lives in durango and here is his response to my concerns about the area

As far as bad areas there really aren’t any. That being said to avoid parking issues, hotels located on Main, 2nd or Camino Del Rio between 100 and 1200 blocks are within walking distance to the downtown stores, restaurants and Nightclubs. The lower end motels are between 2000 and 3200 blocks of Main or Camino Del Rio. The Spanish Trails has had some crack heads stay there so I would probably not stay there. All in all like any town there is a few bad apples everywhere .

2018 f3t , red

Spyder Garage

Doc. Thanks. I carry a Utah license and so I will be good to go with my Sig.....thanks for looking that up and posting

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Reckon we be goin "John Wayne" in Durango

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Doc. Thanks. I carry a Utah license and so I will be good to go with my Sig.....thanks for looking that up and posting
    What good news.. I don't go nowhere with out my handheld.. So if it's pot-shots @pot-heads or crack-shots @ crack-heads. It's all in a night of fun.."Let's Ride".

Spyder Garage

Default Locked and Loaded...another conceal carry ?

This may not be where to ask this ?...but here goes...After Spyderfest 2012 my plans are to make my way to NovaScotia...since Canada will not allow me across the border with my handgun...any solutions? I know states like CA say..separate gun/ammo...pack separate. But even tho I have entered Canada several times...I have never had my handgun with. Since I will be gone at least 4 - 6 weeks when I head out in April I want to bring my "riding partner". Thanks for the input. YEA finally getting snow. Only downside I choose to leave Ms Spyder in garage..but we sooo need the moisture and those low temps (teens and less) not good without ground cover...we are covered now!!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    This may not be where to ask this ?...but here goes...After Spyderfest 2012 my plans are to make my way to NovaScotia...since Canada will not allow me across the border with my handgun...any solutions? I know states like CA say..separate gun/ammo...pack separate. But even tho I have entered Canada several times...I have never had my handgun with. Since I will be gone at least 4 - 6 weeks when I head out in April I want to bring my "riding partner". Thanks for the input. YEA finally getting snow. Only downside I choose to leave Ms Spyder in garage..but we sooo need the moisture and those low temps (teens and less) not good without ground cover...we are covered now!!!!
    Well if you have questions or concerns, a simple e-mail or phone call to certain locations along your route, would rule out any doubt.

Spyder Garage

Absolutely do not attempt to take a handgun into Canada. Long guns are permitted for hunting purposes, but no handguns. Made that trip about 3 years ago and heard tons of stories of people getting caught. If you are one of the unlucky ones to get a full vehicle search, they will find the gun and ammo with dogs, and you will be in big trouble. I do carry and it was really hard not to have my partner for the 3 months I was in the maritimes.

Spyder Garage

Here's a link to Florida's reciprocity states:

http://www.youcancarry.com/florida-ccw-reciprocity/

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The officer told me to avoid area between 1500 block and 3200 block of Main street as it was not the safest area to leave our bikes.
    We can select from the owners security guards for both hotels parking lots and switch every hour.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

DO NOT bring a hand gun into Canada!!!

Firstly this is what can happen if your caught (quote from web) "The police will throw the book at you. As for the sentencing, it depends on the charges and the judge. I believe the current government wanted to make it a mandatory 3 year sentence for illegally carrying a gun."
    Secondly we dont want hand guns in Canada.

I have survived on the "mean" streets of Canada for 43 years with out a gun, I am sure you can survive a few weeks.

I might be the only one in Durango not "packing"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by waytootall67 View Post
    I might be the only one in Durango not "packing"
    No you won't.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

also dont bring in pepper spray it is also illegal, as well as tasars.I own handguns but will be leaving them at home when we come to durango

Spyder Garage

Bear spray, large size, is OK in Canada.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Changed to the ramada--- which is walking distance from Durango Brewing. :-).

Handguns on road trip? To each his own--- but if someone wants my money and spyder that bad---- they can have it. I have an open-wallet policy if someone pulls a gun on me ;-)----Never had to use it. :/)

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!