Spyder Garage

Default Progressive Suspension

Just wanted to let everyone know Progressive Suspension finally came out with front and rear shocks for the Spyder RS. I don't think they have anything for the RT yet.. The 465 is for the rear and a new 435 is for the front here is a company selling them cheaper than getting them straight through Progressive.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...00&click=37735

Thinking about buying them. I called them and they said they made a mount for the rear 465 adjustable preload that mounts to the footpeg mount. Any more input on them or input on the company let me know. I don't know much about them.
    Last edited by Venym; 01-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

here is the rear 465 with the adjustable preload.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/465RAP/index.html

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Venym View Post
    here is the rear 465 with the adjustable preload.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/465RAP/index.html
    thank's venym
    the Quebec beast

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

been waiting for these...thanks

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

If anyone puts em on let us know what u think

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    been waiting for these...thanks
    Just out of curiosity....have you been waiting on Progressive to make a shock for the rear of the RS? A hydraulic preload shock? What is it exactly you have been waiting for ?

I am just curious...

thanks.
    Last edited by Trooper; 01-11-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Spyder Garage

i think he was wating for 400 dollar price range.700 is not what some of us can aford.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    i think he was wating for 400 dollar price range.700 is not what some of us can aford.
    Maybe I am missing something, but the price is clearly listed at $749.95 .

Edit: Sorry, I was looking at the wrong link. My mistake.
    Last edited by Trooper; 01-11-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Just out of curiosity....have you been waitng on Progressive to make a shock for the rear of the RS? A hydraulic preload shock? What is it exactly you have been waiting for ?

I am just curious...

thanks.
    to answer your question...what I have been waiting for....a little history....my husband has been using Progressive shocks on all of his bikes since maybe 1998ish...Valkyries & Harleys....he buys a new bike and 1st thing...he buys new shocks.....he and I talked to Progressive at a rally this past November...they told us they were working on shocks for the Spyder...now we can watch and see how they perform when other purchase them.....just last night we talked about what the Spyder would feel like if I needed new shocks....I'm a novice rider, only experience is on the Spyder with 32,000 miles in 1 yr 7 months...so I'm not sure if I even need new shocks...we have just been waiting for Progressive to come out with shocks for the Spyder so we can watch and listen.....but it would be cool to have a shock that would go up and down with a button....I think Lamont had one on his RS?????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    to answer your question...what I have been waiting for....a little history....my husband has been using Progressive shocks on all of his bikes since maybe 1998ish...Valkyries & Harleys....he buys a new bike and 1st thing...he buys new shocks.....he and I talked to Progressive at a rally this past November...they told us they were working on shocks for the Spyder...now we can watch and see how they perform when other purchase them.....just last night we talked about what the Spyder would feel like if I needed new shocks....I'm a novice rider, only experience is on the Spyder with 32,000 miles in 1 yr 7 months...so I'm not sure if I even need new shocks...we have just been waiting for Progressive to come out with shocks for the Spyder so we can watch and listen.....but it would be cool to have a shock that would go up and down with a button....I think Lamont had one on his RS?????
    I am not sure if he did have an electronic preload adjuster on his RS, but we do offer a rear shock for the RS with a hydralic preload adjuster which allows you to make the same basic adjustements to the rear as on the RT , the difference being the RT is an airbag, and our RS shock is a hydraulic adjuster.

I commend you for being loyal to one company for your suspension needs, but if you ever need any help or advice, do not be shy to ask. I will be at Spyderfest and I will be there to help everyone, regardless of whether you are using our products or not.

Regards,

John @ Elka.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, John...I look forward to meeting you @ Spyderfest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    i think he was waiting for 400 dollar price range. 700 is not what some of us can afford.
    Well said.

Sorry Elka, you make awesome products but for many of us $600-$1,500 on up is out of the question for a pair of shocks no matter how well they're built. You'd probably get quadruple the sales if you made a decent shock in the $300-$400 price range. Truly impressive engineering is when you can make a quality product for an affordable price. Otherwise products like the Spyder would cost $100,000+ and few of us could own them. How about a decent shock for the rest of us?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Well said.

Sorry Elka, you make awesome products but for many of us $600-$1,500 on up is out of the question for a pair of shocks no matter how well they're built. You'd probably get quadruple the sales if you made a decent shock in the $300-$400 price range. Truly impressive engineering is when you can make a quality product for an affordable price. Otherwise products like the Spyder would cost $100,000+ and few of us could own them. How about a decent shock for the rest of us?
    We could always make a cheaper product....but we would have to use cheaper parts and sacrifice quaility which would result in a sub par product. We take alot of pride in the quality and workmanship of our products and this is not something we are willing to compromise on. I think that the vast majority of those who have purchased our products will tell you that it was money well worth spent.

I think that $350 per shock is pretty reasonable for what you are getting for your money.

edit: Point is, there is a product out there for everyone whether its a question of price or quality.

Regards,

John @ Elka
    Last edited by Trooper; 01-11-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

I paid $300 per shock (On Sale) for the Elka,s and because I,m always searching for and riding roads with as Many curves per mile as I can find they are a God Send for me! Because you can send them to a refurbishing center after 20-30,000 Miles( if need be )for a Reasonable complete overhaul is what sealed the deal for me. I,ll never have to purchase shocks again as long as I own a RS Model!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!