Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    arntufun

Sorry your still in pain Dave. Maybe you can play with your remote control Spyder to scratch your Spyder itch. Hopefully your pain will get better soon.

Spyder Garage

Hang in there Dave, sounds like a carbon copy of what I went thru 16 years ago injections and all. No surgury for me but I still have that tingling feeling in my toes.

Hope the injection works for you.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool I may not be able to walk, but I sure can ryde

I couldn't take it any more, it was sunny & 70 degrees here yesterday. When my buddy stopped by to take Teddy out, he was only wearing a Tshirt & jeans & said how bad he felt that I couldn't get out & enjoy a ryde with Teddy on such a beautiful day. I snapped & said fk it, geared up Teddy & myself as best as possible, hobbled down the steps to the garage & pushed the remote for the door to open, & there I saw the sweetest image my eyes have seen in almost 2 weeks now, Teds Red Sled All my pain is in my left but cheek & leg, no where else hurts. So I figured it could hurt to try, but at this point, I'm more worried about my sanity than just having to deal with pain. Doing close to nothing but laying on a couch for almost 2 weeks can be very depressing. So yeah, I took the trickle charger off, closed the seat, put Teddy's carrier on, strapped him in & proceeded to get myself up onto the saddle. Getting off & on the byke was excrutiating & once I got on, it took me about 5 minutes of just sitting there before the pain stopped shooting so badly that I could once again see straight. Once I could handle the pain again I hit the start button & Teds Red Sled once again roared to lyfe. Sitting in the saddle proved no worse than just laying on the couch, so I figured ITS TIME TO RYDE!!! And ryde we did, all backroads & city streets, nothing over 45 or on the highway, just as a precaution. The adrenaline rush in the twisties is better medicine than any doctor can prescribe. Teddy was as happy as I was to get back out in the wind. I knew getting off the Spyder was going to be a challenge, but we made it to a local park down rt.8 along the river that Teddy really enjoys going to & he was flip'n out crazy happy when we stopped & I proceeded to shut the Spyder down. When I went to dismount, I ended up on the ground as my left leg gave out & I couldn't feel it, no injury, just embarrassment, but luckily no one else was around to see. I dismounted the Tedster & just let the lil guy run like a Banshee for a half hour, while I just basically sat there on the ground watching him frollicking around & enjoying the freedom of being out of the house & enjoying the Awesome weather. Getting back on was a little easier &'after I got us both settled back in, we proceeded home, doing a total of around 50 miles for the day. Surprisingly, ryding caused me no more pain than I'm dealing with on a regular basis, even the bumpy roads really weren't more bothersome than laying on the couch. The worse part again was dismounting once we made it back home & then having to hobble up the 2 flights of stairs to our condo. As soon as we got in, I drugged up & grabbed the ice pack & chilled back on the couch. I don't think Im any worse for the wear today, physically speaking, but I know Im much better psychologically speaking.

I know I'm addicted to Spyder Ryde'n, but seriously,
    going for that ryde yesterday was just what
    WE BOTH NEEDED
    SPYDER RYDE'N IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL
    IMG_20120229_180427.jpgIMG_20120229_180420.jpg
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-02-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

................hang in there Dave, it will get better!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Good news warms the soul. Thanks!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default Choices:

1) Layin' on the couch in pain
    2) Rydin' the sled in pain

All things being equal, #2 sounds best!

Feel better...
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

So glad that you and Teddy could get out ​This should confirm for you that movement is good and therapeutic. Good luck to you with upcoming treatment; hope that all will soon be resolved and allow you to have your life back
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

It's so good to hear you got out. It will be great to see you back in the saddle on a daily basis and pain free..
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Dave, that post just made me smile.! I could just see you and feel how much good that 50 miles did for you.. And Teddy ! We're keeping you in our prayers.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down WOW, what a BAD weather day yesterday was for the MidWest

As most of you know from the news reports, yesterday had a reported 80 tornadoes throughout the MidWest, from Alabama all the way through KY, IN, & OH. Teddy and I send out our to all those effected, cause their is so much destruction & sadly, so many losses of life as well. Even the county we live in, Kenton County in KY was heavely hit in the southern part of the county and we were lucky as we live in the most northern part of the county & had no damage that Im aware of. Im watching the news now & they just reported about finding a man dead in the streets, but they can't locate his home

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    As most of you know from the news reports, yesterday had a reported 80 tornadoes throughout the MidWest, from Alabama all the way through KY, IN, & OH. Teddy and I send out our to all those effected, cause their is so much destruction & sadly, so many losses of life as well. Even the county we live in, Kenton County in KY was heavely hit in the southern part of the county and we were lucky as we live in the most northern part of the county & had no damage that Im aware of. Im watching the news now & they just reported about finding a man dead in the streets, but they can't locate his home
    Not trying to be funny but they may have to look in the next county for that persons home. We had a roof removal from a home about 1 mile away. AND a huge old oak tree went over hiway 68 kinda messed up traffic for awhile. No other damage areound here that I know of. My prayers are going out to all those who have lost loved ones and or their homes, or both.

Spyder Garage

Waiting to hear when your injection is scheduled. Praying it works for you and get you through the summer and then if surgery s needed maybe be able to do it in winter. 😃

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Exclamation UGH!!!! C'mon already

Ok, so when I last talked with the orthopedic surgeon, we agreed to try the injection & if that didn't provide relief, we'd opt for surgery. They said they'd call me once they got approval from my insurance company. After 2 days of waiting & not hearing anything, I called them back & was then told it could take up to a week to two weeks to get approval from the insurance company. I explained once again that I can't even walk & can't wait thaf long. So I asked if I just opted for surgergy, could I get that done sooner. She told me that would be something I'd have to discuss with the doctor, so I asked if I could speak with the doctor & was told I'd have to schedule a new appointment. So now I'm. Waiting til wednesday to see the doctor again to see if we can just do surgery cause I can't stand to just keep laying here

Spyder Garage

Angry If their try'n to drive me Crazy, I think its safe to say they have succedded

Got a robo-call from the company that handels our disability claims this morning, explaining that they recieved my paper work, but that it wasn't acceptable because my GP wouldn't put a "projected" return to work date & instead put "To Be Determained". So now, I have to have all the same paperwork filled out by my Orthopedic Surgeon & wait for them to get it turned in before my disability can even start

Spyder Garage

Do you mind if I ask how much the shot/s would be if the insurance doesn't pay? I'm thinking in terms of being able to get the shot/s sooner than surgery.

Some doctors may not charge as much knowing you are paying. I go to a dr. now who charges me a reduced rate b/c I pay; however, it's not for my back.

Once you are given the shots could you then try for reimbursement?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Finally, some good news . . . . . if you can call it that

The Ortho's office just called & said that the surgeon was able to look at the MRI images & that I was in fact a candidate for surgery & that if I can get in to see my GP & get a full physical done & she agreed I was healthy enough to go under, that they could get me on the schedule for this Friday I know I should be happy & in a way, I am, but also a little scared/apprehensive at the same time. So I called my GPs office & explained everything & they are working me in tomorrow at 3:15 for the physical, then see the surgeon on Wednesday for all the details & if all is still on track, surgery will be on Friday

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Do you mind if I ask how much the shot/s would be if the insurance doesn't pay? I'm thinking in terms of being able to get the shot/s sooner than surgery.

Some doctors may not charge as much knowing you are paying. I go to a dr. now who charges me a reduced rate b/c I pay; however, it's not for my back.

Once you are given the shots could you then try for reimbursement?
    Not something I even thought about asking & right now, it wouldn't matter anyways as Im now on my 3rd week of being off work with no pay coming in at all. The surgeon says im a candidate for surgery & after talking with so many others that have been through similar, seems its best to get it actually fixed instead of just putting a band-aid on it, so to speak. Thanks for your suggestion tho

Spyder Garage

Glad the doctor isn't monkeying around. And thank goodness you had a clear indication of the problem on your MRI. Best of luck with the surgery. I hope it gives you immediate relief.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Hope you have a speedy recovery after surgery Friday.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Dave and Teddy
    Keeping you in my prayers as Friday finally arrives for you and you are able to get this behind you, so to speak... Seriously, I hope this works out the best for you and you have a very quick and easy recovery and are back out on the roads again real soon.
    Please keep up posted on your visits with the doctors and of course how you are on Friday. Everyone will be praying for you, I'm sure.

Spyder Garage

So glad it is finally working for you. Getting it done early rather than later is best for you. You may be up and around sooner than you think. Just follow doctors orders and keep us posted. I will keep you in my prayers. Never can tell you might still be able to do Spyderfest. ☀

SpyderLady

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Better to get it done than continue to fight and struggle with it.
    Best of luck!

Spyder Garage

Glad things are finally moving in the right directions. Will keep you and Teddy in my thoughts, hope everything goes well for you and you end up free of pain Hope all goes well for you
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    Better to get it done than continue to fight and struggle with it.
    Best of luck!

........hope you can still make Spyderfest.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Almost didn't pass my pre-surgery physical today

Today I had a 3:15 appointment with my GP to get a pre-surgury phisical to make sure that I shouldn't have any complications from going under for the operation. I only took my morning pain meds & skipped my lunch pain pills cause I knew I needed to be as sober as possible for the ryde to the doctors. Well, it only seems logical (at least to me) that a person in my condition that isn't medicated, well, DUH, their gonna be in pain, right and how does pain usually manifest in the human body Elevated blood pressure, elevated heart rate, cold sweats even So yeah, she was concerned cause my bp & heart rate was way high for me compared to my historical norms, think something like 134/112 & 90 bpm, so she wanted to do an EKG just to make sure, but the nurse was having problems get'n those lil sticky things to stick to my skin cause I was kinda sweat'n something feirce from the pain of get'n on the byke & back off & walk'n to the drs office from the parking lot. And YES it was 55 degrees & sunny, so yeah, I geared up Teddy & we rode, only the 2nd time now in the past 3 weeks. After the EKG she said she knew I must be in an awful lot of pain, cause everything showed ok on the EKG & she gave me the "Go Ahead" for the surgery. So my next appointment is tomorrow for my consult with the surgeon to go over everything for Friday. For right now, Im drugged up pretty good & Teddy was happy to get back out in the wind again, so he's sleeping right by my side as I type this. All the nurses & even my dr. was happy to see the lil guy