Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Good news & well, yeah, that too. ........

Got in to Chiropractor today, my best friends (at one time) neighbor is a chiropractor & when I called & reminded him who I was, he readily worked me right in then. He had me screaming, as my friend said he could here me in the waiting room, and that was 2 offices & 2 walls away. Said he thought about recording it, but out of context, he was worried if his kid came upon it in his phone by accident (u know how kids are) that he thought the shear brutallity of the session wasn't something he was comfortable with her hearing, which I agree. Kinda like witnessing a train wreck, u really don't want to see it, but u find u can't look away. And once thats ingrained in your concience, it can never be taken back.

So, the good news, he's pretty confident its the psifiris syndrom (sp?) that Scotty was talking aboit. He realigned my spine, and stretched me out a bit and showed me a couple to start practicing. And OMG how the pain is now moving from my bottocks to the back of the leg & foot now. Still not mobile, tho I was over zealous after one session where I could stand up straight fir a whole 3 seconds without any pain, then all of a sudden, you woulda thought I had got strucken by a lightning bolt & i was on the floor grabbing my leg in EXTREME Pain, OMG, I won't try that again for a while, thats for sure.

So, stretch, heat, ice, drugs, pass out, and still crawling for now. Still waiting til the 5th to get into the Ortho to see what the MRI revealed & if there's anything else I need to be doing to help correct what all is wrong. Will call tomorrow just to see if they have any cancellations & might be able to get me in sooner. But gosh, Ive gotta get better, ive gotta get back to work or all our summer ryding plans are going to be in financial jeopardy especially with the way gas prices are suppose to rise. No work, no pay til dissability kicks in & thats like usually 3 weeks behind. Im going crazy not being able to ryde

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

OMG sure wish I could help ya out but think your in for the long haul and I REALLY do hope all comes out ok. Don't suppose you could hang yourself upside down to stretch all the muscles by useing your wt? I really think I'm gona get that topsy turvy thing that you can hang upside down and let the blood flow to head and ones wt pulls the back back into alignment. Either way sure hope ya get better soon. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Spyder Garage

Dave you may have to consider a pain management doctor who can go into the area that is all inflamed and inject it I have had to do that several times, this a bit painful but the results are worth it. Trust me I totally understand where you are at and it sucks.... Hopefully you will find relief soon. Hang in there. The upside thing 3feet is talking about is an inversion table. Had one, they are great, but after my spinal fusions I could not use anymore.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

I'm sit'n at my GPs office now, hoping she'll schedule me for PT or something. We'll see

arntufun

Good luck Dave, hope your back to normal soon.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation OMG!!! almost worse case. . . . . I'll have to have back surgery ASAP

20120224_141103.jpg
    The above is the findings of my MRI.
    My GP got me in to see a different Orthopedic Surgeon for Tuesday the 28th.
    She's confident the only resolution will be back surgery.
    Needless to say, its much worse than I ever thought. Was hoping with a few sessions of physical therapy, Teddy & I would be back up & ryding next week or so. Now, its looking like I'm going to be laid up for over a month or longer. Even SpyderFest is now in jeopardy for us. Im pretty bummed right now.

That which does not kill us, will ultimately make us stronger)

Spyder Garage

I went through the same thing a while ago and found that if I lay on my stomach with a pillow under my chest that it did more for me than anything else.I would do this about 3 times a night for about 15 minuits to an hour or as long as I could stand it.Took a while but am good now I was going to have to have back surgery too

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    20120224_141103.jpg
    The above is the findings of my MRI.
    My GP got me in to see a different Orthopedic Surgeon for Tuesday the 28th.
    She's confident the only resolution will be back surgery.
    Needless to say, its much worse than I ever thought. Was hoping with a few sessions of physical therapy, Teddy & I would be back up & ryding next week or so. Now, its looking like I'm going to be laid up for over a month or longer. Even SpyderFest is now in jeopardy for us. Im pretty bummed right now.

That which does not kill us, will ultimately make us stronger)
    I can't remember how many vertibrea are in the Lumbar Spine! BUT if there is major problems with MORE than the one( looks like only one on that mri) then they would put in a rod. If it's only one then they would take that one out and fuse it. Either way gotta be better than living in the fetal position!!! AND it won't take long to heal and the relief from the pain has got to be exquisit!! Whatchagona do with Teddy??? He's sooooo attached to you. Good luck on the decision you are about to make. for ya.ThreeFeet.

Spyder Garage

I'm sit'n at my GPs office now, hoping she'll schedule me for PT or something. We'll see
    Again you might want to consider acupuncture now that you're starting to move in the right direction on this. Don't know where Scotty got so bright about this. Maybe he can share the tale with the rest of us. Very glad to hear that there is some movement towards moments without agony. Wish for you the best and FASTEST recovery known to humans. Will keep you in the good thoughts part of my feeble mind.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Dave, I had 3 fusions in the lumbar about 3 years ago. All were fused...no rods, but that is because I went to a neurosurgeon instead of an orthopedic. From what I know of all my friends the orthopedics favor rods and cages whereas neurosurgeons don't use them as much. I am fused from L3 thru s1. They would have liked to do L2 thru S1 but because they went in through the front they could only do 3 and not 4 levels. Really talk to the dr about front vs back surgery entry. The back has so many more muscles to cut through and it is easier to get o the area from the front. At least that is what I was told. Get well keep us posted, if you want to talk since I have been thru it, PM me and I will send you my phone number. Just remember it will be uphill once the surgery is done. I wish mine would have been done a few years earlier.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

I've had too much personal experience with a ruptured lumbar disc. I won't muddy the water and tell you what you may or may not hear from the orthopedic surgeon. I know the pain you are in. Like a lightning bolt shooting down your leg. I'm surprised you could get to the chiropractor. When the pressured nerve was at its worst, I couldn't get off the floor.

I never did have surgery. But, I possibly should have. I have residual numbness and weakness in my left leg that is permanent. And this is why I am on three wheels now not two. I couldn't trust my left leg to hold up a bike.

Sending much positive energy your way, Dave. Hope you are dealing with good people and they get you on the road to feeling better soon.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Wow Dave, sounds like you need some good news. Will be praying you get it.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Keep us informed..............we're praying for you.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Got in to Chiropractor today, my best friends (at one time) neighbor is a chiropractor & when I called & reminded him who I was, he readily worked me right in then. He had me screaming, as my friend said he could here me in the waiting room, and that was 2 offices & 2 walls away. Said he thought about recording it, but out of context, he was worried if his kid came upon it in his phone by accident (u know how kids are) that he thought the shear brutallity of the session wasn't something he was comfortable with her hearing, which I agree. Kinda like witnessing a train wreck, u really don't want to see it, but u find u can't look away. And once thats ingrained in your concience, it can never be taken back.

So, the good news, he's pretty confident its the psifiris syndrom (sp?) that Scotty was talking aboit. He realigned my spine, and stretched me out a bit and showed me a couple to start practicing. And OMG how the pain is now moving from my bottocks to the back of the leg & foot now. Still not mobile, tho I was over zealous after one session where I could stand up straight fir a whole 3 seconds without any pain, then all of a sudden, you woulda thought I had got strucken by a lightning bolt & i was on the floor grabbing my leg in EXTREME Pain, OMG, I won't try that again for a while, thats for sure.

So, stretch, heat, ice, drugs, pass out, and still crawling for now. Still waiting til the 5th to get into the Ortho to see what the MRI revealed & if there's anything else I need to be doing to help correct what all is wrong. Will call tomorrow just to see if they have any cancellations & might be able to get me in sooner. But gosh, Ive gotta get better, ive gotta get back to work or all our summer ryding plans are going to be in financial jeopardy especially with the way gas prices are suppose to rise. No work, no pay til dissability kicks in & thats like usually 3 weeks behind. Im going crazy not being able to ryde
    Oh my gosh Dave. I am praying for you. Stay strong. You will get through this. Better days are ahead.

Spyder Garage

Angry Thank YOU ALL for your suggestions & well wishes

Right now, ugh, I'm SO frustrated. When I first got Teddy as a n 8 week old pup, I trained him to got potty outside only, whereas in the past, with my other dogs, I paper trained them. Well, today Teddy woke me up by ringing his potty-bell on the door, alerting me that he needed to go out, or an "accident" would soon happen. Works really well when you can walk that is. Being the weekend, our friend visit schedule is off cause my friend doesn't have to work today & I told him to take a break & sleep in. So yeah, at 7:30 this morning I heard the gingle of the "potty" bells. I knew I only had about 20 minutes before it was going to be too late, so I did what I had to do & WOW, I'm paying for it now.

Its sunny & in the 50's & 60's & its now 9 days since we last rode. I'm really sad to say, we may NOT be able to make SpyderFest 2012 I'm trying my best to stay positive, but also have to face reality as well

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Right now, ugh, I'm SO frustrated. When I first got Teddy as a n 8 week old pup, I trained him to got potty outside only, whereas in the past, with my other dogs, I paper trained them. Well, today Teddy woke me up by ringing his potty-bell on the door, alerting me that he needed to go out, or an "accident" would soon happen. Works really well when you can walk that is. Being the weekend, our friend visit schedule is off cause my friend doesn't have to work today & I told him to take a break & sleep in. So yeah, at 7:30 this morning I heard the gingle of the "potty" bells. I knew I only had about 20 minutes before it was going to be too late, so I did what I had to do & WOW, I'm paying for it now.

Its sunny & in the 50's & 60's & its now 9 days since we last rode. I'm really sad to say, we may NOT be able to make SpyderFest 2012 I'm trying my best to stay positive, but also have to face reality as well
    Don't worry about it. I have a plan!!! We get somebody who IS coming to the FEST and is ryding 2 up and both ryders drive, We put you in the camper and Teddy at the wheel and the passenger driver giving directions!!! Whatcha think??? Of course we could come get ya!!! You'd be passenger but you could come flat on your back if neccessary. NO? not a viable project? WEEELLL I tried.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation For the 1st time in 2 years, I had to ask my buddy to put the trickle charger on

Today makes the 10th day of not being able to ryde & I thought it BEST to put Teds Red Sled on the trickle charger so when I finally get this back issue corrected, we can actually ryde instead of & dealing with a dead battery

See, Im try'to stay positive

UhOh, Teddy just wrang his "Potty" bell, gotta start crawling to the door

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down I feal like I'm such a waste of human flesh right now

I can't do anything without causing myself more pain, so I just lay here stay'n as motionless as possible & drugged up. I have all these things going thru my head that need to be done, but I can't keep outta pain long enough to do much. Just going to the bathroom is a major deal. Im not trying to feal sorry for myself, its just kill'n me to not be able to do anything but lay here. Im SO thankful Teddy is right by my side. Couldn't imagine going thru this without him. I also feel guilty I can't take him for a ryde, sunny & 50-60, instead just toss the ball for him & play fetch in the living room

Spyder Garage

If anyone understands it's Teddy. He knows you aren't up to snuff. His job right now is to keep you company. And he's happy to do it!! Just wish you weren't feeling so badly. Hope someone comes up with a plan soon to help you. Been there. The pain is horrid.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Cool It was a BEAUTIFUL day today, so sunny & 60 degrees

Teddy & I are both going stir crazy being trapped on the couch. I go tomorrow at 10am to see an Orthopedic Surgeon & hopefully find out what & when my next step (no pun intended ) will be. Even tho I dread the thought of back surgery, I just need to get functional again, to walk, to ryde. I'll never take another pain free step or ryde for granted EVER again after this experience

Spyder Garage

Praying that tomorrow the Orthopedic Surgeon will give you some relief from your pain...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb No relief yet, but hopefully getting closer

Just back from seeing an Orthopedic surgeon. Sadly, he couldn't pull up my MRI images on the CD that the Imaging place gave me to give to him, so he had to just go on the "Interpritation" of the radioligist that read it & sent the printed report, and his evaluation of me physically. His suggestion is to first try an Eppideral Injection to see if that will give me any relief. Said I should know within a day or two of having it done if it works or not. If it does, his suggestion is to leave it alone, and go on with life as usual & hopefully it will heal itself over time. If however, the injection doesn't provide the relief I need, then surgery is the next option. If needed, he's confident that with surgery, I'd have immediate relief of my pain. So, my simple reply was, "when & where for the Injection?" They said they had to make some calls for scheduling & that as soon as they can get it all approved & scheduled, they'd call me with the details. Can't be soon enough.
    Its once again sunny & dry & suppose to be close to 60 again today & close to 70 tomorrow
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-28-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to a quick and complete resolution to this ordeal. Still prayin'...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

From experience, I knew this would be the next step. I hope the injection works for you!! Good to know he's willing to do surgery if it doesn't. My doctor just poo pooed around and waiting and waited. Said MRI wasn't clear indication. Now I have permanent damage. Hold you doctor to the promise that he will go in and fix things if the injection doesn't work!!! Hope they schedule it soon!! Best of luck to you.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Theres a fine line between pain & pleasure, even finer line between sanity & insanity

Can you guess where my lines are