Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Its 4:30am & the alarm is going off, waking Teddy & I out of a restless slumber. The pain in my lower back from kidney stones tells me to hit the snooze button & steal an extra 10 minutes of shut eye. But I know all too well, that if I do that, I'm either going to wind up being late or calling in alltogether & I don't have enogh Personal Days left as it is. So I struggle to slide out of bed without causing myself too much pain. If you've been lucky enough to never deal with kidney stones, bless your lucky stars. This is my second time dealing with them personally. My one brother. William had them so bad last year, that he was on the floor of the ER in the fetal position and he was screaming in pain. Mine never got that bad & I'm praying that it doesn't get that bad this time around either. Bad part is, once you get them, there's always a chance that they will return. Its been 3 years since I last dealt with them & I had forgotten how all consuming & debilatating they can be. Seems little rhyme or reason to the severity, all depends where the little suckers get lodged in your internal organs.

Needless to say, Teddy & I didn't ryde any at all this weekend. We made it to meet up with Jesse at Eden Park on Friday & thats where the pain really started kicking in, so bad, I could hardly get off the Spyder.SpyderPops "Possom Pusher" looks really good on Jesses's RT-S & I'm glad he met with us so we could see it in person.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My hubby has them also.

If this keep going on, you may want to go check it out. My hubby's was so big it wouldn't pass and he had to go to the hospital and have it busted up.

Take care and hope you feel better very, very soon.

Leslie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been through the stones many times since early 80's. Force fluids till you can't stand to drink anymore and keep moving.

I used to have stones almost on schedule every three years. Then I read how small dose daily asperin really helps with gall stones. At the time I had a co-worker that the males in their family had stones multiple times per year. But his dad had recent heart problems and I knew that they had him on small dose asperin. I found out that since he had been on the asperin he had no more stones.

I went on small dose asperin and for ten years never had stones again. Then I read that something else I was taking would do the same thing. Went off the asperin for a year, stones came back. Went back on the asperin and have not had a serious stone problem since. A couple of times I've gotten uncomfortable enough that I couldn't sit for any length of time and I would have to walk around to get some comfort. Thats when I would drink water like crazy till I start urinating like crazy and keep moving around and eventually either pass it or it moves and the discomfort goes away.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question

Drink LOADS of cranberry juice!!! Fill a glass of water every minute or so. If nothin else gives ya LOTSA exercise going to the bathrm.!!! Keep up the good stuff. and hang in there. Skydmarq is FUNNY!!!! loose all night. owns the place she thinks. have 5 others that don't agree with her on that point. Have 2 maybe 3 that she DOESN"T growel at and visa versa. Wll getting used to ea other they are workin on it!!! Take care of the kidneys you DON"T want to be hooked up to any machine. Drink lotsa fluids. good luck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My last stone was broken up with a lithotrypter(sp?). What a godsend. Passed small sand particles two days later, no pain.

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Right now Im pretty much stay'n drugged up & a couch potatoe while trying to pass a 3mm stone

Spyder Garage

Default reading your post

Reading your post makes things (I think you know what) go bye bye. I hope things get better soon. Cant imagine how that feels but I sure hope it passes quickly. Tell Ted hey for us and we're thinking about you guys.
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

arntufun

I just read this......... Dave I hope your Ok and please take it easy for awhile.

Spyder Garage

So sorry for your troubles Dave. Will keep you in my prayers.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Feel better Bro
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Yes. Get well soon!

I've been very sickly here lately also, but mine is just some sinus crud.
    Never had kidney stones and DON"T want to!

Hang in there. Good thing you gave up sodas. Lots-o-water bro.

Spyder Garage

Default This photo of the Tedster says it all * Got to luv pain meds

Spyder Garage

Dave, I hope you
    can get the stones out of your system soon cause the Tedster looks like he's jonesin for some smoozin.
    My 2011 RSS SM5 Mods all self installed: Spyder Detailing Graphics, Madstad, Kewlmetal risers, Rivco Driver Floorboards, Evoluzione Sway Bar, 25" Touring Windshield, 2010 RT Shocks, Hindle Exhaust, Isci Handbrake, Kurakyn Grips , Rivco Passenger Floorboards, Tricled fender tips and fender lights. Rivco license plate flag holder. BRP backrest. ESI tail light lens.

Spyder Garage

Teddy's looking good with his new fashion statement.

Hang in there Dave! Glad you're on pain pills now...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Somebody take the pills away from Dave!
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

Exclamation 23 on the ryde in this morning * think the stone has migrated

This sure is a different experience than my last bout with kidney stones 4 years ago. Then, I had a 10mm stone & there was no way I was going to pass that monster, so I went & had Lithotripsy done, which breaks up the larger stone into many smaller ones that you can manage to pass. Albeit, don't think for a second that this is the easy way out, cause for me, the next 3 days were a living hell I'd really like to have to never live through again in this lifetime. Like with most things when it comes to the medical sciences, there are very few difinitives, that why they call it "Practicing" medicine. What may be for one may be totally different for another. Example: I read right here that another forum member had the Lithotripsy done & passed the remaining sand partcicles with no issues at all. For me, this wasn't the case. My last stone was broken up, but the remaining peices were jagged & still rather large for where they have to exit the male body & as I said, for me, a living hell. The best way I can communicate what it was like then, is imagine peeing razor blades every time you go to the bathroom accompanied with fresh bright red blood, while your trying to hold a small screened cup that you have to pee thru to try n catch the offending stones as they leave your ........ um..... body, yeah, you get the point. Talking about embarrassing, I remember being in the stall, holding my cup & litterally screaming the first time I had to pee after the procedure was done. I was at work & their were other guys in the bathroom at the time, & you could hear their grimacing at my agony.. One guy even asked what the hell was going on? To which I could say was "passing stones" to which I heard him immidiately start saying a prayer for my strength & that it would end quickly.

Well, that was 4 years ago, & here I am again. only this time, it feels like it moved over the weekend, cause it litterally feels like its in my left butt cheeck right now. I know that can't be the case, but its really close to that area. Imagine someone giving it about 50% of their full power & just taking both their fists & constantly pounding in that one location, well, thats kinda close to how it feels right now, with one exception

Spyder Garage

Oh my, so sorry you're going through this.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

and that exception happens to be, where the stone is located right now, every time I take a step with my left leg it feels like someone is taking a really jagged, serrated blade knife heated to a thousand degrees and shoving it in that one little spot & then twisting the blade til I stop moving it First couple times this happened, I litterally fell to the ground grabbing my butt. Glad I was at home & only Teddy was their to witness that Now, I just walk around like my left leg is broke & try my best not to move it, cause as soon as I do, it stops me in my tracks, thats for sure. I try not to take my pain meds when I know I have to ryde, but this morning, I had to take 1 otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it to work this morning. As soon as I got here, believe me, I popped the other one rigt away. Luckily, my job is pretty easy & I can have other ppl do all the dangerous stuff I have to do, so no worries there. Ryding the spyder with this stone is a bit of a challenge for sure. Worst part for me, rigt now, is just getting on and off the byke. The low vibration when ryding actually feels good, at least right now it does. I have another appointment on Thursday with my Urologist to see what he thinks is best to do. His first assesment was that he thought I'd be able to pass this stone without much difficulty, but I believe that assesment needs to be rethought

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 36 on this mornings ryde * Still dealing with stones

Yesterday ryde in to work was a mess. Right above freezing & raining, albeit not to heavily. I knew the morning ryde was going to be messy, so I drugged myself up on my pain meds & washed & waxed Teds Red Sled the best I could the night before. Ive found that when I get home from a wet ryde, the leaf blower makes for a great Spyder Dryer & we all know its not good to be ridden hard & put up wet The last few times Ive dried Teds Red Sled with the blower, Ive noticed that there was a fine film left behind & I didn't like that. I finally figured out that if I freshly wax the Spyder the night before a wet ryd, it makes a world of difference when I blow dry the Spyder the next day. Nice & shiny with no film left behind

Had to take Teddy to the vet last night, out of his prescription hypoalergenic dog food & also out of his Torib (sp?) its the medicine he has to take every day for his collapsing trachea. Its a diluted version of the stuff that they use to sedate dogs when putting them to sleep for an operation. In the strength they give him, it works well for relaxing his throat so he's not constantly coughing & hacking all the time. I also asked them to express his anal glands, as I caught him scoot'n across the floor the other evening, & thats usually a sign that they need to be emptied or "expressed". I do just about everything else for him myself, but thats one thing I'd really rather not deal with myself. I feel so guilty tho, cause they take him in the back & he was just screaming

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Yesterday ryde in to work was a mess. Right above freezing & raining, albeit not to heavily. I knew the morning ryde was going to be messy, so I drugged myself up on my pain meds & washed & waxed Teds Red Sled the best I could the night before. Ive found that when I get home from a wet ryde, the leaf blower makes for a great Spyder Dryer & we all know its not good to be ridden hard & put up wet The last few times Ive dried Teds Red Sled with the blower, Ive noticed that there was a fine film left behind & I didn't like that. I finally figured out that if I freshly wax the Spyder the night before a wet ryd, it makes a world of difference when I blow dry the Spyder the next day. Nice & shiny with no film left behind

Had to take Teddy to the vet last night, out of his prescription hypoalergenic dog food & also out of his Torib (sp?) its the medicine he has to take every day for his collapsing trachea. Its a diluted version of the stuff that they use to sedate dogs when putting them to sleep for an operation. In the strength they give him, it works well for relaxing his throat so he's not constantly coughing & hacking all the time. I also asked them to express his anal glands, as I caught him scoot'n across the floor the other evening, & thats usually a sign that they need to be emptied or "expressed". I do just about everything else for him myself, but thats one thing I'd really rather not deal with myself. I feel so guilty tho, cause they take him in the back & he was just screaming
    I don't blame you for not wanting to empty those anal glands. Sometimes I miss having dogs, but that is one duty I don't miss in the least. I worked at a wastewater treatment plant for 27 years, but that job still made me gag.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Bad news that may get worse

Ok, so after I got off work on Friday, it was about 50 degrees & sunny & I wasn't feeling all that bad & it had been a couple of days since I had Teddy out for a ryde, so stupid me, I decided to gear the Tedster up & head to the Spyder wash to give his ryde a nice detailing. Well, let me tell you, Teds Red Sled was look'n mighty fine after 3 hours of wash'n wax'n & detail'n all the while, Teddy was Supervising my every move along with pick'n up all the cute girls that were coming & going at the carwash. After the wash, we stopped by my brothers house to see how he was recovering from having his gullbladder removed last week. While at his house, I started getting the shooting pain in my buttocks again & this time, it was pretty severe, so we quickly took our leave so we could make it home.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Continued from bad news

Well, we made it home ok, got inside & I drugged myself up & we went to bed. Saturday morning, I woke up about 7am in extreme pain & couldn't get out of bed. I literally had to roll out of bed & when I went to stand my left leg went out from under me & I hit the floor grabbing my but in agony. Teddy was freaking out cause he just couldn't understand. I crawed down the steps to my living room & made it over to the couch. If this was kidney stones, it wasn't anything like the last time I experienced them 4 years ago. Since I had just woken up, I kinda figured I didn't have any pain meds in my system so I promptly took 2. Well, an hour later, my left leg was numb & my left foot was on pins & needles & the pain was getting worse, so I took 2 more pain meds in the hopes of at least dulling the pain some. After waiting for another hour for the meds to kick in, I still wasn't feeling any better & I was just wishing that I could pass out so I couldn't feel the pain anymore. I called my brother & asked him to take me to the ER cause I just couldn't stand it anymore & even tho I had taken 4 Percocets the pain was just getting worse & worse. We make it to the ER, where I wait in agony for 2 hours before I get back to see the Dr. At this time, the pain is so severe, my entire body is shiverring uncontrollably & the Morphine injection didn't even phaze me. After 20 minutes, they give me another morphine shot & tell me they can't do the CT scan until they can get me calmed down enough so I can lay still for the scan. After another 20 minutes & alot of slow breathing, the pain was finally bareable & they rushed me over for the CT scan. I explained (best I could) to the ER doc. about my urologist not being convinced that the stone had moved or could be causing the severe pain & numbness & tingling at least not where I was experiencing it, in my upper left buttocks and down my left leg & foot.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation More continued bad news

The ER doc. thought it could be if the stone moved & was blocking my right uriter (sp?) as it could be causing pressure on my sciatic nerve causing my symptoms & the CT scan would tell us this. Well, after waiting for 2 hours, still in severe pain, the doc finally comes in just to tell me that it looks like my uroligist was correct & that it wasn't the kidney stone causing all these problems. Ok, then what the hell is wrong with me??? Well, we didn't do the scan high enough to tell for sure, but his guess is that I have a pinched nerve somewhere in my lower back & thats what is causing all my pain, numbness & tingling. Ok, so I figured since I couldn't even walk & was in such severe pain, they'd surely admit me to find out what was really going on & how to fix it, right? WRONG!!! He said there really wasn't much they could do for me in the ER, so he was giving me another script for more of the same pain meds that I already have, along with 500mg. of Motrin as well & that I should take it easy, be off work for at least the next week & call my Dr. on Tuesday to have her refer me to an orthopedist to see what they can do for me. As the nurse is reading my discharge instructions of what I should return to the ER for, I told her, everything I'm suppose to return to the ER for, Im experiencing right now, what should I do. She just asked if I wanted to talk to the dr. again, &! I just gave up. I then asked how was I suppose to leave when I couldn't even walk? We had to ask for a wheel chair so I could leave. Any other hospital Ive been to, when your being discharged, even if you can walk, they've always made us go out in a wheel chair & here, I guess they were fine with me crawling out of tge place. First time I ever went to this hospital, & believe me, its the last.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation My brother thinks riding the Spyder is whats causing my pinched nerve -UGH!!!!!

I felt so bad for Teddy, being locked in his bedroom all that time, think I made it home around 7pm & he hadn't eaten all day, nor had any company to play with either. I thought for sure that he would have had an accident, but he didn't & I was so proud of him. My brother was in alot of pain himself, so I just had him drop me off at home. I crawed up the steps to let Teddy out of his bedroom & he busted out of there like a rabbid dog going mad. I knew he musta been bust'n to go, but I knew I really couldn't take him out, so I didn't leash him like usual & we both crawed down the steps outside our condo, & I watched closely as he went #1 but he wasn't across the street where he usually goes #2. He was happy going #1 & ran right back to me & we crawed back to our condo. I was able to get his food & water, took a couple more pain meds & we passed out on the couch together. Today, my other 2 brothers stopped by with some food & also my best friend his daughter brought food for the rest of the week for us & that made Teddy really happy. I asked my friend if he would take Teddy across the street so he could do his business, & he said he went 5 times in total. Such a good boy, holding it for 2 days. So he got rewarded with spareribs & you talk'n about a dog be'n in hog heaven, thats Teddy right now. So, thats where we are right now, layed up, can't ryde, staying drugged up & chill'n on the couch, just waiting for my dr. to get into the office on Tuesday to see what my next step (pun not intended) will be. Sorry, but being in my state of mind, even tho I can't do anything, I'm not on here much lately, as reading and writing is a bit more of a challenge than usua, not to mention, with all the meds, I'm not sure how well Im being cohearant & please forgive my spelling, as I dont have spell check on this. Teddy is taking care of me, so no worries

arntufun

Dave, I'm not much of a prayin guy but I'm 4 U Get well soon.